Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bio-diesel, Propane & Alternative Diesel Engine Fuels (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum168/)
-   -   B100 & additives?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/626288-b100-and-additives.html)

mongo75 06-25-2007 07:26 PM

B100 & additives??

Quick question- if I'm running B100, is there any benefit to adding my customary DK grey every fill up? Or maybe a can of SeaFoam every oil change?

fabmandelux 06-25-2007 08:25 PM

Quick Answer :) Nothing is needed if you run anything over B-2!Just a 2% addition of biodiesel will INCREASE the lubricity of ULSD by 67%. If your using bio you don't need anything else :-D :-D :-D

cmpd1781 06-25-2007 09:09 PM

Don....The "Press Secretary" of biodiesel!....(haha)....

;)

fabmandelux 06-25-2007 09:13 PM

I'll remember that when I pass a fuel station on my way to Portland tomorrow!:-D

mongo75 06-26-2007 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by cmpd1781
Don....The "Press Secretary" of biodiesel!....(haha)....

;)

LMAO!! I'm gonna remember that post when Don's on a stage one day telling the world how to make bio, as we ran outta dino hehe....

cmpd1781 06-26-2007 02:42 PM

I'm fascinated by biodiesel myself....Just ain't tried it out yet........Hell, Wheatina grows the stuff (rapeseed), don't he?.......Cool pics he posted a couple of months ago.....

fabmandelux 06-26-2007 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by cmpd1781
I'm fascinated by biodiesel myself....Just ain't tried it out yet........Hell, Wheatina grows the stuff (rapeseed), don't he?.......Cool pics he posted a couple of months ago.....

Join the club, and start making your own! [ by the way, I've met "wheatina" in person....................and SHE is definatly NOT Male..............:-missingt ] I am also growing my own canola :-D

cmpd1781 06-26-2007 05:32 PM

Damn....What happened to the "s" that I typed?......Don't know how that "he" got up there!!!......(haha)

Sorry, Wheat.....Still.....Cool pics.......

Wanna do the "kit" thing, eventually, fabman......I read up on it a little.....But I can probably get 10 times more waste oil from various sources than I could possibly use......Don't want to dump waste oil right into the tank.....Want to "refine" the stuff and dump right into the tank without changing the truck itself any........It makes a glycerine byproduct that you could actually sell too, don't it?.....

I'm just not set up for it now........

fabmandelux 06-26-2007 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by mongo75
LMAO!! I'm gonna remember that post when Don's on a stage one day telling the world how to make bio, as we ran outta dino hehe....

Fyi, I've been giving speaches in 3 states for 4 years now! I can't help myself..........I think this something that can help the American farmer, and I love the fact that the "rag-heads" hate the idea :-D

CheaperJeeper 06-27-2007 02:12 AM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux
Fyi, I've been giving speaches in 3 states for 4 years now! I can't help myself..........I think this something that can help the American farmer, and I love the fact that the "rag-heads" hate the idea :-D

BIODIESEL.....
Feed a Farmer - Starve a Terrorist!

Wheatina 06-27-2007 10:48 AM

Damn Don...you blew my cover!!:-missingt I sort of liked being thought of a just one of the guys.

You must be in the middle of, or just about to start, your canola harvest...right Don?? I went down and "pushed" our canola over the weekend. We should have been in there a week earlier, but were stuck waiting for the rental to arrive. I hate when that happens. Anyway, I got some digital videos of the "pushing" process that I'll post when I get my DV cables back from down south. Really an interesting option over swathing. Do you swath, or direct cut??

HAVE A GREAT HARVEST!!! We should be combining the canola in about a week or so.

monsterbaby 06-27-2007 11:25 AM

Steve all I can say is get yourself setup to make some, if you really want a little push to get yourself started go buy some B20 and run it you will be suprised how much quieter and better the engine runs and I actually get an increase in mileage when I switch to bio (can't even buy it locally in the winter around here for some reason and I am not setup with a heated shop to make it in so have to just store the oil until spring and then start up hard and heavy through the summer)
As to being setup well I built my entire setup in a 8x8 shed in my back yard

cmpd1781 06-27-2007 09:07 PM

You're right, MB......Just a matter of doing it......Regarding running B20.....I think they have exactly 1 biodiesel site in the city......at one of our BP stations....I'll have to double-check on that.....

Hey....Wheatina!....Welcome to the thread!.....Everyone says you're a real cool dude!......(haha)

:-D

Phydeaux88 06-28-2007 09:12 AM

cmpd

make that dudette