Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   Look what I got (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/620149-look-what-i-got.html)

Zip 06-06-2007 05:54 PM

Look what I got

It took awhile but I finally got it. Now the fun starts.

https://i128.photobucket.com/albums/...Picture075.jpg

preppypyro 06-06-2007 08:50 PM

Hey right on man! That looks like fun!

Zip 06-06-2007 08:57 PM

I know it will be fun. I will probably make up a few new words, and a few different combinations of ones I already know. Actually it's an enjoyable way to spend a day and I find it quite relaxing. I love tearing my truck apart. It's kind of like thearpy.

preppypyro 06-07-2007 09:12 AM

Yeah I sure enjoy doing that stuff too. You will have to make sure and let us know how hard it was of a job to do!

bchunter 06-08-2007 10:31 AM

What size did you go with? Is that for your 99 SD? You will love the lifted truck. I have never looked back.

Oh ya, new words are created during the work, but be really carefule and don't be like me. I just about twisted my ankle the first time I got out of the truck cause I was used to scooting out to clear the running boards, so when I put the lift in, I backed out of the shop, and scooted out of the truck only to fall another foot then what was expected, hence almost twisting my ankle. It made my buddy laugh.

preppypyro 06-08-2007 10:40 AM

I bet you get some good leg stretching geting into your truck too!

bchunter 06-08-2007 10:47 AM

I now actually have to use the running board. Before they were for decoration, but now they serve a purpose. My wife grabs the steering wheel and pulls herself in.

Zip 06-08-2007 06:05 PM

It's just a leveling kit. Would like to go with a lift but I pull a 5th wheel. It's a 2" but I think I may get a little more than that. I have a feeling that I am going to have to add a taller block from a F350 to bring the back end up some once all is said and done.

The task will start Sunday afternoon when I am done work.

preppypyro 06-08-2007 06:48 PM

Hey zip, do you mind if I ask where did you get it from, and what was the cost on it? Im going to get a leveling kit one of these days yet.

Also can a guy go and buy the f350 blocks?

bchunter 06-11-2007 01:19 PM

So, it is now Monday, how did it go?

Zip 06-11-2007 02:03 PM

I got it from a place called South Cariboo Offroad. They are in 100 mile. Cost was $550 complete with tax. It took awhile because I needed different ubolts. Came with 2 springs, 4 shocks, track bar adjustment and assorted nuts and bolts. I had to get another track bar and top bracket because I had the smaller one. I should be able to get some taller blocks from the wrecker or dealer. Another option would be air bags.

It is Monday and things are progressing slowly but well. I hate working under a vehicle without 4 tires on the ground. One spring is ready to come out. It's not a job that should take alot of time, unless like me you are wasting it by coming inside to have a snack, watch tv or come on here.

Well need to go get some beers. I think that is my problem. I remember the days when a job didn't take time it took beers.

bchunter 06-11-2007 03:18 PM

I hear you. Please post a pic when you are done. I would like to see it.

preppypyro 06-11-2007 05:27 PM

Ive seen those guys post alot of adds on craiglist. I should check em out, 550 isnt that bad of a price.

Zip 06-11-2007 10:38 PM

Yea he posts on Craigslist. Lordco would sell me one for $551.00 + tax, they deal with North Shore Offroad and they said no way it would fit my truck. I tried a place in Kelowna and they wanted $750.00 + tax.

I'll post up some pics tomorrow hopefully. A little over half way done but really draggin my butt. It should probably take about 5 hrs.

preppypyro 06-11-2007 11:05 PM

Might as well take your time and do it right. Looking forward to seeing some pics.