Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   anyone wanna hit up rausch creek? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/616470-anyone-wanna-hit-up-rausch-creek.html)

oneofakind97 05-26-2007 10:41 AM

anyone wanna hit up rausch creek?

im thinking about checking out rausch creek sometime soon. since i dont have any buddies that can legally drive 4x4's, i wanted to see if some guys from here would be interested. im like an hour N of philly. im only gonna play in the mud cause i have a fullsize and i hate rocks and im not cool with extensive body damage. i just wanna rip around in some mud. so if anyone wants to set up a trip, lemme know. maybe it could turn into a pa 4X4 meet!
-Dan

Ferguson65 05-31-2007 08:07 PM

I'm definately up for it. Just I'll be using the Ford to drag the Jeep there on the trailer! Still gotta get the transfer case rebuilt, almost got it all apart tonight (Dana couldn't have made these damn 300's any more difficult to get apart. Lots of time and cursing), and once thats done I need to get the engine, trans and case back in and do the pinion bearings. Hoping to bust ass and get it done within a month.

RnMEtt7500 06-10-2007 09:11 PM

I'm up for it I still haven't got my truck off road since the lift and new 32s. I just need to know when. and about 2 weeks ahead of time to make sure i can get off work.

oneofakind97 06-12-2007 06:43 PM

where you guys live at? id like to get something together locally in like the souderton/quakertown area. i met some guys that have some good fields they rip up, so ill try to get ahold of them, and let em know id like to come out with some people. we can set up a date that were all good for and hope for some rain. what do you guys think about saturday june 23rd?

Pacerguyel2 10-24-2007 08:15 PM

So it is raining now, Anyone wheelin this weekend where?? Love to get some mud on the tires!!!

oneofakind97 10-25-2007 04:18 PM

where's new holland? im willing to go, but i heard they closed up my favorite place to go. im pretty much out of ideas for local wheeling. i dont feel like driving 2 hours in my rig to pay to wheel. if youre close to the doylestown area, i wouldnt mind meeting up if you know of any places.
-Dan

Pacerguyel2 10-26-2007 05:46 PM

Doylestown isnt that near Philly? New Holland is right near the Chester/Lancaster county line off of Rt. 23

c00nhunterjoe 10-26-2007 09:21 PM

rausch creek is awesome! i went 3 times in my old truck. tried to get it stuck several times. ended up passing other people including hummers. have lots of video but its all on the little mini vhs's. i have a few pics if you guys have never been there but their website has a ton of good shots on it.

oh, by the way, the 5 ft mudpit is alot deeper then 5 ft.......
and take the advice and dont go into the frog unless you are a jeep......
and the pond is awesome if you have a snorkel.......

oneofakind97 10-27-2007 10:59 AM

yeah pacerguy, im like 45 minutes north of philly. i need to do some wheeling today. it doesnt get better than this for wheeling!

coonhunterjoe...is the mud at rausch creek easily accessible? i heard you have to do a bunch of rock crawling to even get to the mudpits. i hate rocks. i just wanna do some muddin.

c00nhunterjoe 10-27-2007 04:43 PM

the 5 ft mud pit is easy, ther is no extreme rock climbing to get to any of it and most of the bad rocks have places to go around.....sort of. i did all of the rocks except for the glacier deposits (rock creek) and i had 315\75\16 bfg mud terrains with 15 psi air. the truck did great all the times we went up there
i will try to dig up the pics and load some muddy shots, this is all i have uploaded right now
http://inlinethumb60.webshots.com/18...500x500Q85.jpg

dreo2003 10-31-2007 01:45 PM

id be up for it. i always wanted to go to rauch creek but they make you pair up and i dont have anyone to pair up with. im in the lansdale area.

oneofakind97 11-01-2007 04:12 PM

yeah dreo, same here. im a little south of doylestown. i just touched some base with some dudes that wheel up in freeland, pa. and another group of kids that wheel some kids house in perkasie. i really like local free stuff. if you know of anything, post it up!

redfire42 11-07-2007 08:27 PM

Was just there 2 weeks ago for the first time with some buddys who have jeeps and what a blast I had. I just don't think I want to take my truck up there and hammer it like that. I might just have to get a jeep, and a trailer.

c00nhunterjoe 11-08-2007 06:18 PM

she will take it, i will try to upload some videos of serious abuse