Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   North Carolina Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum88/)
-   -   did you know... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/614339-did-you-know.html)

CaptGuz 05-19-2007 09:00 PM

did you know...

that when your gas guage says E it actually means EMPTY... not ENOUGH.

yea, moving stuff today from rocky mount to cary... got the back of the truck loaded with a loveseat, bar, 4 chairs, 2 bookshelves, and some other little things (gotta love that long bed) and stopped once because the spare tire carrier that i have decided to take off but haven't yet had fallen and was dragging. well i get back in and decide when i get to around gorman street i'll go ahead and refill. Yea, 1/2 mile from gorman street is where i sat today till my mom got there to take me to get 2 gal of gas since the truck ran out. i thought i had put about 10 bucks worth of gas in the second tank but sure enough it was bone dry.

sorry i didn't get to meet up with everyone at the gtg today - and cliff i do still want that box, i'm gonna have to wait till i get all my junk moved to cary though and get paid again. (the 30th)

ncfirefighter46 05-19-2007 09:37 PM

well at least you was not in the middle of nowhere:-missingt

what are you looking for there guz box???

SuperSnake 05-19-2007 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by CaptGuz
that when your gas guage says E it actually means EMPTY... not ENOUGH.

yea, moving stuff today from rocky mount to cary... got the back of the truck loaded with a loveseat, bar, 4 chairs, 2 bookshelves, and some other little things (gotta love that long bed) and stopped once because the spare tire carrier that i have decided to take off but haven't yet had fallen and was dragging. well i get back in and decide when i get to around gorman street i'll go ahead and refill. Yea, 1/2 mile from gorman street is where i sat today till my mom got there to take me to get 2 gal of gas since the truck ran out. i thought i had put about 10 bucks worth of gas in the second tank but sure enough it was bone dry.

sorry i didn't get to meet up with everyone at the gtg today - and cliff i do still want that box, i'm gonna have to wait till i get all my junk moved to cary though and get paid again. (the 30th)

Next Time Push:-missingt

CaptGuz 05-20-2007 07:59 AM

i'm hoping to get a truck box for the bed of the 250. i just dont have any money until after the 30th and i can't use up the cargo area just yet since i'm moving furniture bc i'm moving back to cary.

and cliff.... YOU MUST BE CRAZY FOO' lol...

SuperSnake 05-20-2007 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by CaptGuz
i'm hoping to get a truck box for the bed of the 250. i just dont have any money until after the 30th and i can't use up the cargo area just yet since i'm moving furniture bc i'm moving back to cary.

and cliff.... YOU MUST BE CRAZY FOO' lol...

Who me CRAZY??? Nah you been eating those mushrooms again!!!! :-missingt

CaptGuz 05-20-2007 09:07 PM

lol did the drive again today - learned with the tailgate down and only going 60mph i only use 1/4 tank ... as opposed to half a tank with tail up and 70mph