Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   British Columbia (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum165/)
-   -   might be pickin up a new truck tomorow (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/611488-might-be-pickin-up-a-new-truck-tomorow.html)

pud 05-10-2007 05:53 PM

might be pickin up a new truck tomorow

Going to Prince George tomorow, car lot wants to trade me cash and another truck for mine. Heres what I know about it so far, will find out more tomorow...
1992 F250
7.3L IDI
auto (E4OD), 4x4
regular cab
280,000 ish km
good tires
no power accessories, basic xl package
grey out with a reddish interior
body's decent, rust on corners and edges.
said it runs great
Lot price $5900
Price they paid $2900

Over the phone the guy ballparked me at $5000 cash and the truck for mine
Im thinking $5500 cash and Ill be happy...I figure I can sell that one for $5000 which gives me the $10k price I had on my truck.

bchunter 05-10-2007 10:10 PM

That sounds like the IDI I used to have. The main weak point was that E40D slush box piece of poop behind the great power plant. Is it a turbo? Good luck on the deal.

pud 05-10-2007 11:39 PM

non turbo....theres a banks turbo kit I saw up there for $500 tho.
Man I just spent 3 hours cleaning the truck and realized how much Im going to miss it....at least Ill still have a Ford in the driveway.
I found some good write ups on the E4OD, easy cheap mods that improve its shifting bigtime. Gotta read em a few times yet till I understand them tho lol.

preppypyro 05-10-2007 11:56 PM

Thats cool, sounds like a decent trade. I gotta ask though, why are you going to sell it, and get another truck? Isnt the reason why your selling it cause you cant drive? Or is it just going to be easier to sell another truck you figure?

pud 05-11-2007 12:11 AM

reason Im selling the PSD is, although I love it....Id rather have mechanical injection, parts are cheaper and I need some cash to get me through school so I can get back to work.
Im going to sell the IDI because I have a wifey and two kids, and there are only 3 seatbelts in the IDI (regular cab).
Also as I said I need some cash, I need it sooner than later, so getting half the value of my PSD in cash helps, takes the stress off getting the next truck sold.

.....now thats just what Im telling the ol lady, depending on how the truck is I might try n keep it! lol :-X04

shhhhhh!

bchunter 05-11-2007 12:08 PM

I threw an elctronic shift kit in my tranny from Jet. It worked like a hot damn and I did not have to open the tranny. I also threw some headers on it since it was a non-turbo and that picked up some hp. Good luck on keeping the new rig. A man has to have a truck.

pud 05-11-2007 07:22 PM

didnt get it...cheap arse scabs

preppypyro 05-11-2007 10:19 PM

Oh that sucks pud, what happened??

pud 05-12-2007 01:43 AM

first lot (previously mentioned one)
truck ran really nice, was a little hard shifting in and out of gear when parked and foot on the break....body was pretty decent. Although they had it on the lot for $5900 I dont think that trucks worth a half cent more than $4000 top dollar, $3500 more realistically. They wanted to get rid of it bad by the sounds of it. I wouldve been ok to take it for $4500 cash and keep my tires. They said the best they could give me was $3000, salesman was trying to get me the $4500. I left it there for an hour and went to get lunch, came back and got the feeling they had someone lined up to buy it, gave them a low price and thought I would take the deal.

lot 2, guys were decent, gave me a decent deal but it wasnt what I was looking for, vehicle was worth too much so the cash wasnt enough. $3700 and a 95 grand cherokee, under 200,000kms and loaded w/ leather but it was burgandy in/out also. Said thanks but not what Im looking for.

Lot 3
Saw a nice shiny black 1st gen 'sploder (gf likes them) there on the lot. 4.0L auto 173,000km, $4999 lot price. I told the salesman I want $5000 and the exploder (figuring at most they were into it for $2500)...salesman called his boss and asked what I could get in cash back....to this point Ive never had my intelligence insulted so profoundly.......the boss told the salesman"
"Im feeling generous so Ill give him the explorer and $1500" now thats an AT MOST $4500 offer on my truck. I laughed and headed home.

Lot 1 and 3s vehicles were stupidly expensive also. It makes me wonder how these guys stay in business...then I remember there are tonnes of stupid folk out there.

So Im going to keep it up for sale, its on here and a couple other sites I post on for $9000, and on kelowna and vancouver craigslists for $9700 obo. The truck has made me alot of money and It doesnt owe me much...but Im not a sucker and that sh-t dont fly with me. If it doesnt sell Im going to put a bit of money into it and when Im done Ill have a $15,000 truck.

To do list:
SMF
replace windshield
put the 4" front springs in to level it out
Repaint some crazy lookin scheme
rims/tires

so any suggestions on paint? Its got a grey interior so I can paint it any color(s)
I like dark green or blue, or some dark shades/black.

bchunter 05-12-2007 03:43 PM

I repainted my old chev with a Mitshibishi blue, that was a real dark with a tiny shine in it. It was awesome. That is why I am trying to scratch the poop out of my truck so I can justify repainting it.

After our pm exchange Al I realised that this truck is worth way more to me then to anyone else (it was my Dad's and the lift and all), so I am going to keep it and enjoy it. Hence the engine swap.

pud 05-12-2007 03:47 PM

yeah...good idea shes going to be sweet....and we need video when the swap is done!

bchunter 05-12-2007 03:50 PM

I am going to take before and after picks and some sounds clips as well, then I will try to figure how to put them on :)

pud 05-12-2007 04:10 PM

photobucket.com makes it easy as 1-2-3, no resizing or anything.

preppypyro 05-13-2007 08:50 PM

Pud if I would have had that guy at the 3rd lot say that to me, I pretty much would have punched him! That sucks it didnt work out for you.

Bchunter, I love your 96, that thing is sweet. I never checked your gallery out till today and it looks nice!

bchunter 05-14-2007 11:06 AM

Thanks preppy. I will get some more pics once I get the new engine in it. I have done some changes to it since those photos, like added a black canopy, replaced the drop brackets with extended radius arms, added some camo seat covers from Cabela's ......

I think the next thing after the engine swap it to scratch the heck out of it in the bush to give me a reason to repaint it. She will be black when I am done with it.