Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Montana Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum130/)
-   -   Custom Truck Outfitters...Donot use them! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/609621-custom-truck-outfitters-donot-use-them.html)

jvoigt 05-04-2007 10:05 PM

Custom Truck Outfitters...Donot use them!

FYI:Check out my gallery, its the Lvling kit gallery.........I will not recomend them to anyone and infact they will be the first place I say not to go to.

BTW they are located in Hamilton MT 59840.

Matts72 05-05-2007 02:43 PM

I think you are overreacting. I used to install leveling and lift kits at Tire Rama, and while things are a little sloppy, nothing is out of line, unless they did that to you tranny/oil cooler, that is something they should be replacing... there is no reason they should have been working around the cooler.

jvoigt 05-05-2007 04:25 PM

Yeah I might be overreacting but when I showed up to pick my truck up I had a crooked front bumper, I had to show the kid that worked there how to adjust it...oh and they didnt inform me about the broken brackets. And tell me why it would take 7 hours to install a leveling kit.....my truck was the only vehicle they had schedualed that day and they even said "oh we will have it done in 3 to 4 hours", they said that a couple of times. All I know is they didnt give a !@#$ when it came to customer service and pride in workmanship.

Matts72 05-05-2007 05:02 PM

A leveling kit on that truck should only take 3-4 hours, including the alignment.

Sorry about the poor customer service, thats a different matter. I've never seen those brackets on a Superduty before, so I have no idea what they are for.

Shops like these are common, they don't pay their techs very well, and they are not very well managed. Its amazing they stay in business. There are a lot of reputable shops out there too.

unrulee 05-06-2007 12:48 AM

That's why I do ALL of the work on my truck (except for maybe a few things like exhaust, but I always research b4 picking a shop), it's my baby, and if something gets screwed up I know who to point the finger at.

jvoigt 05-06-2007 09:17 AM

haha..........yeah I reasearched all three shops that install after market lifts(Les Schuab will not install a lift unless you buy it from them), My first choice went out of business two months after I got a quote and talked with them.....I wanted them to do it cause they were the best and most honest. My second choice said they could do it but it would be a week and they didnt have all the right equipment. And for the last choice witch ended up being the place I took my truck too, they have been in the valley for years and I have always seen nice vehicles and lifted trucks come outa there, they even said that they have pulled off bumpers so many times to put on custom bumpers that this leveling kit would be a breeze, "yeah sure, we will have it done in three to four hours no problem" qouted almost exaclty. I guess I should have just drove 60 miles north and had it done......but then again I would have had no ride back(60 miles) to home if it ended up taking 7 hours like it took at the place here. **** happens I guess, I just hope that soon I can get the replacement parts and money so I can have it all fixed, or have the parts on hand incase a bolt shear's off cause of over torque. And I envy all you guys who say you would have done it your self......I have no garage(garage is super small and packed with crap), where I park is not level and infact nowhere near my house is level and it was snowing the day I had it put on. I wish I could have all the tools and a big garage with a lift.....I have friends that would have helped me out and I could have done this my way but what can you do. I had to put that leveling kit on, it had been sitting for six months in the packed garage just waiting for nice warm day.........so the day I went in and schedualed the lift appt it was 82f and then three days later when I took the truck in it was 34f and snowing.........I think mother nature has it in for me lol.

Matts72 05-06-2007 12:16 PM

The real trick is having air tools... you really can't do this job with hand tools, you also need a torch to get the loctite out that Ford uses on the leafspring bolts.