Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   Williamsburg Car Show (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/603146-williamsburg-car-show.html)

fiftyfourdf100 04-16-2007 09:18 AM

Williamsburg Car Show

Don't know how many of you will be interested in this..but there is going to be a car show for 77 and older vehicles in Williamsburg on July 3rd for their sesquicentenial. Pre-registration is 10 dollars and you get a shirt, at the gate is 20 and no shirt.

I encourage all of you to come, even if you don't consider your cars or trucks 'show vehicles' there are many classes
18 Different Class
10 Special Awards

Prizes include, but not limited to;
Crate Engine
Custom Interior Kits
Paint and Polish Supplies
$100 and $200 Gas Gift Cards
Shop Tools

Registration is from 8-11:30 on the 3rd
Show, Judging, and Voting is from 11:45-1
Trophy Presentation is from 2-3
Parade at 3 PM

Buy Raffle Tickets for a chance to win a 50" Widescreen HD TV, 2007 Artic Cat 400LE ATV, 2007 F150 Screw 4x4 XLT or a 2007 Chevy Tahoe 1500 LS 4wd. $10 a ticket, 6 for $50, and 13 for $100 with proceeds going to the Williamsburg Historical Commission, which helps improve the town and area.

Message me if you are interested...it would be nice to get some Ford Trucks in there, hopefully mine will be making it's debut..so the Best Truck and Best Ford is locked up for me...just kidding.

***For you tractor guys...there is a Tractor Show on the 2nd and an Ag Parade, I don't have the information for that stuff though.

fellro86 04-16-2007 09:27 PM

Mine is getting to be less of a show truck all the time... after this last trip, my sister ended up taking it to Colorado, blew a tire, ripping the rear fuel neck out again,as well as the front, and took out the brake line this time. Now I have to drop the rear tank because the fill hose was exposed for rain and crud, so I don't want to take the chance on that garbage getting into my fuel system. The positive point is that I needed to drop it to work on the fuel gauge anyway... I'll have to see about getting my behind over there though. I wouldn't win most beat truck, but it seems to be getting there...
If I have to adhere to the 77 and older, I guess that means I would have to push my 77 to get it in place, since it hass decided to not run unless I opur gas down the carb... maybe one of these days I fiddle with it some more. I figure it's a carb issue, just gotta get back to working on it again...

fellro86 07-17-2007 10:08 PM

Didn't see you there, truck not quite ready?

fiftyfourdf100 07-20-2007 12:02 AM

i couldn't enter anyway so i didn't even bother..i was on the board to help recruit so we couldn't enter the show..and i worked anyway over at Drake's.

fellro86 07-20-2007 06:09 AM

That makes sense... I got there late, so didn't get to spend a lot of time looking unfortunately.

farmb0y 07-21-2007 09:31 PM

I stopped at the show real quick over my lunch hour (work at KINZE). Looked like a really good show and A LOT of nice looking cars. Had the wife with me so I didn't get to stay very long, it was too hot..... Oh well.

fellro86 07-21-2007 09:45 PM

The parking fiasco was my main complaint, not enough time for me to have made use of the bus and remote location. Did you get to see the Kinze display? Pretty cool!

farmb0y 07-22-2007 09:33 PM

Yep, the Kinze display is about the same that we do for the Farm Progress Show every year (minus the antique tractor display).

fellro86 07-22-2007 10:21 PM

The antiquers were what I liked the best, the mini Massey was pretty cool...