Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/)
-   -   New Guy from Salem (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/602491-new-guy-from-salem.html)

SVTParatrooper 04-14-2007 01:17 PM

New Guy from Salem

Hey everyone. Just moved back to my hometown of Salem, Va after serving 5 years in the Army. I have a white 2003 Lightning and a green 1989 F-150 4x4. The Lightning will be gone soon to make room for another motorcycle. My Lightning has all of the usual bolt-ons for this truck. Its lowered, exhaust w/ x-pipe and 2 Dynomax Bullet mufflers, 4 pound lower blower pulley, AEM cold air intake, and a Hi-Po Valve body. Its best run was a 12.8 in the 1/4 last summer while I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, N.C. . My 4x4 has a 4 inch Pro-comp lift with 33x12.50 tires. I also enjoy riding 4-wheelers and have a '00 Bombardier DS650. It has a HMF slip-on exhaust, jet kit, K&N air filter, and -1 tooth on the front sprocket. Looking forward to chatting with everyone and hopefully getting a chance to meet a few of you around town.

Tiggie 04-14-2007 04:04 PM

Welcome!

I might have a buyer for you on that Lightning. How soon are you looking to sell it? The guy is from Vinton.

ATC Crazy 04-15-2007 02:11 AM

Welcome! Im in Roanoke, county. I also ride a Raptor 700. There are a couple great trail systems not too far away. Perfect for a day of riding.

We definately need to have a Roanoke/SML get together soon!

to many oft 04-15-2007 07:56 AM

welcome back to VA
see ya around the boards or in town

atc yes we do need to have a GTG

SVTParatrooper 04-15-2007 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Tiggie
Welcome!

I might have a buyer for you on that Lightning. How soon are you looking to sell it? The guy is from Vinton.

I dunno exactly when I plan on selling it. I think it has a burnt valve on the #3 cylinder due to a bad tune that was too lean on the top end. I need to fix that first.

Originally Posted by ATC Crazy
Welcome! Im in Roanoke, county. I also ride a Raptor 700. There are a couple great trail systems not too far away. Perfect for a day of riding.

We definately need to have a Roanoke/SML get together soon!

I'm always up for riding in a new place so give me a holler sometime. Ever been to Wagon Wheel, WV? I ride with a few guys who ride 2 Raptor 660s, a Z400, and a new KFX450. We all went up there in January. Other then it being cold as hell we had a blast. We're planning on trying to head up there again next month. If you all plan on a Roanoke Valley GTG then definitly give me a holler.

ATC Crazy 04-18-2007 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by SVTParatrooper
I'm always up for riding in a new place so give me a holler sometime. Ever been to Wagon Wheel, WV? I ride with a few guys who ride 2 Raptor 660s, a Z400, and a new KFX450. We all went up there in January. Other then it being cold as hell we had a blast. We're planning on trying to head up there again next month. If you all plan on a Roanoke Valley GTG then definitly give me a holler.

Nope...never been to the WV trails. Almost all of my riding buddies have been, but they either forget to call me, or I've been busy.

I've been trying to get some friends together to go to Eagle Rock sometime this spring. I'll give ya a shout if we decide on a date...

SVTParatrooper 04-18-2007 04:37 PM

I've been trying to get some friends together to go to Eagle Rock sometime this spring. I'll give ya a shout if we decide on a date...

Sounds good to me. Just let me know something.

ATC Crazy 05-07-2007 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by SVTParatrooper
Ever been to Wagon Wheel, WV? We're planning on trying to head up there again next month.

I think we are going up there at the end of May (Memorial day weekend). It ya'll will be up there then, then I might see ya on the trails :-wink

SVTParatrooper 05-07-2007 08:23 PM

I think we are going up there at the end of May (Memorial day weekend). It ya'll will be up there then, then I might see ya on the trails :-wink

Yea we hope to make it up that weekend. Acouple of the guys have their quads torn down right now trying to make some last minute mods before we go. If its a definite then I'll give you a holler on here before we head up so I'll know what you ride and who to look for.

ATC Crazy 05-08-2007 10:42 PM

Just look for this:

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f2...C/P5050038.jpg

SVTParatrooper 05-08-2007 10:45 PM

Will do and I'll be on a yellow Bombardier DS650 (seriously doubt there will be too many DS650s up there) riding with 2 blue 660s, a white Z400, and a black KFX450R.

ATC Crazy 06-03-2007 10:56 PM

Hey SVT...did you guys go that weekend? We did. Aside from all the dust, it was AWESOME! :-fire :-headbang There were 23 fourwheelers in our group the first day, and I was the only 2wd sport quad. I had fun spanking thoes utes (when we wern't in the creeks or the mud). On Sunday, we had a smaller group of around 10 or so, and someone on a Z400 showed up, so I wasn't the loner that day. :-missingt

SVTParatrooper 06-04-2007 01:31 PM

No I didn't get a chance to go. It sounds like you had a blast. Dang I want to go back up there bad. Hell I'd even like to ride my DS somewhere local. I haven't even had a chance to ride my 4 wheeler in the past 3-4 weeks. Been working alot during the week and then on the weekends I have to catch up on the house/yard work I couldn't get done during the week. Maybe I can hook up with you guys the next time ya'll head up that ways.

ATC Crazy 06-04-2007 02:07 PM

Sounds good. I have no idea when we are going back up there though...

SVTParatrooper 06-04-2007 09:47 PM

Thats cool just give me a holler on here and I'll PM you my number so you can give me a holler that way also.