Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Illinois Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum122/)
-   -   April Chapter meeting (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/597129-april-chapter-meeting.html)

slisty 03-30-2007 03:25 PM

April Chapter meeting

:-fire Aprils chapter meeting will be held at HEAVY METAL PERFORMANCE
they are located at 2397 Von Esch, unit N Plainfied,IL 60586
(815)254-2206

The meeting will be held at their shop April 14th from 9am to about noon. This will be a meet and great with Nick and Ron from Heavy Metal Performance. This will be a great time to get ideas for this years to do list on your truck or just see what they have for upgrades for your truck.

While we are there they will be worikng on my new truck installing a 4" SS turbo back exhaust.

I hope everyone that can will be able to show up and show their support for our sponsor and attend the meet and great.

Any ? feel free to give me a call 217-853-9531 Scott

BobbyDiesel71 03-30-2007 11:24 PM

I will def be there
I think it is a great idea
Glad I thought of it LOL
I expect to see a good turnout!

Fastronald 03-31-2007 10:40 AM

April

My Daughter ans Son-inlaw live in Plainfield. Could kill two birds with one stone there.

I've set up an MN-12 - T-Bird/Cougar/Super Coupe meeting for April on the 22nd.

I'll try to get out there.

yamaguy 03-31-2007 08:48 PM

I Won't Step Foot Inside Hmp!!!

yamaguy 03-31-2007 08:58 PM

I Won't Step Foot Inside Hmp!!! They are nothing more than monkeys that will fling parts at a diesel (like a monkey does sh&%)!! My cousin went in there with his 2000 CTD and wanted to do some things to it. They sold him a progamer, exhaust, and intake stuff and before he went I told him that he needs to get gauges as well. When he told them that he was told that he needed to have a pyro, and boost gauge they told him that it is not necessary and that the gauges were just toys that he would get tired of after a while. They also told him he could tow his tt in whatever setting he wanted and cause this is his first diesel he didn't know any better and did. Well what happened, I know it's a Dodge, but it only has 100,000 miles on it. He went through a injector pump, and blew fifth gear, within three weeks!!! They just need to tell people how to correctly use the stuff that they sell. Sorry for the rant.

yamaguy 03-31-2007 08:59 PM

oops double post. sorry

BobbyDiesel71 03-31-2007 09:06 PM

I am sorry you had a bad experience with them
I was introduced to them over a year ago and I only have positive remarks.
They have been real good about fixing small issues and getting me just the products I order. I have never had them SELL me anything and all the time and labor they have charged me has been accurate. Ron is very knowlegable and I know other customers that are very happy with their work.

yamaguy 04-01-2007 09:08 AM

Yea I know that no company has 100 percent customer satisfaction. They just left a bad taste you know.

Gage2502 04-03-2007 11:40 AM

Where will the May meeting be? I never been to one yet, would like to start going....about how many pepole go to these meetings?

heavymetal1 04-04-2007 01:28 PM

Hello there, this is Ron at HMP, looking forward to meeting you all, I was bummed out to read yamaguys post. We searched our history and found out who which truck was in question and called the owner to find out what happened. Unfortunately the fifth gear did fail which if you know the 5 speed dodge is very common. He also did have an injection pump fail which is also a common problem with the vp44 pump. He stated that he was not unhappy with us and he loved the upgrades performed to his truck, it was just bad luck on his recently purchased used hauler. I read the post to him and he said that his cousin must have misunderstood him and he was going to ask why he posted such. P.S. I would like to talk to yamaguy to put my mind at ease. We try our hardest to make every one happy, we are gunning for the 100% satisfaction and will bend over backwards to make anything wrong right.

slisty 04-04-2007 09:52 PM

Ya that is all well known trouble with the Dodge. Any way I thanks Ron for letting us have this meeting at your shop and I'm sure this will be a great meeting for all of us.

yamaguy 04-06-2007 12:33 PM

Hey Ron,

Like I said two posts after my first one, I was just letting of some steam. I did not misunderstand him, he is the kinda in the dark on the whole diesel thing. In fact when he asked me about the whole thing I had totality forgotten I even made the post and told him that it was not me when it actually was. I had to go back and look at my past posts and I relised that it was me. When my cousin bought his truck (his first diesel) we were talking about tuners and stuff and I had suggested HMP to him cause you guys are local, I work with one of your family members and I remember a few years ago when you first opened up him coming to me and telling me about you guys. I always wanted to give you some business and was happy to send my cousin your way. He is new to diesels except for stuff on the farm, and when he was looking to do stuff I told him he really needed to get exhaust temp and boost gauges so he doesn't melt down the engine. He went back to you guys and one of you told him that gauges are just for fun and you don't really need them, which is not true of the pyro,the boost maybe but not the pyro. If you guys would of told him to put the gauges on he would of. He is the type that looks to spend money.HMP also never told him that when he is towing that he cannot tow in the highest setting of the programer. We average 2800 to 3000 miles a week and half of those miles towing 10,000 to 15,000 pound trailers, And here he is in the highest level of the programer burning up hills in Iowa doing 70 mph probably running 1200 to 1500 degrees (no way to tell without gauges) Of EGT cause nobody told him he shouldn't do that. My father and I both have politely told him on several occasions that might not be a good idea (not wanting to sound like we are putting him down or thinking that he is a dummy cause he in no way is). I know that the fifth gear and pumps have common problems and I'm not totaly blaming that on you, but I'm sure that it didn't do the stuff any good with the extra stress put on them. If he would of melted some valves or damaged anther major item cause of the bad advise he recived from HMP would of taken responsabilty for it? My guess is no! Now that he's blown 5th gear twice he finally thinks that maybe it is a good idea to turn it down when he's towing. I don't feel like you guys (HMP) took enough time to explain to a diesel noob what exactly the programer does to the truck, and the way to properly use the new found power that it brings. So I'm sorry to say it, but because of that you have lost me as a customer and anybody that I would of referred to you because of this. I love my cousin to death and feel partly responsible for what happened to him. If you still want to talk that is fine just let me know. Dale

Rev Den 04-06-2007 03:36 PM

Ron...

You guys do V-10's also?

You are right down the street from me.

Rev

slisty 04-06-2007 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by yamaguy
Hey Ron,

Like I said two posts after my first one, I was just letting of some steam. I did not misunderstand him, he is the kinda in the dark on the whole diesel thing. In fact when he asked me about the whole thing I had totality forgotten I even made the post and told him that it was not me when it actually was. I had to go back and look at my past posts and I relised that it was me. When my cousin bought his truck (his first diesel) we were talking about tuners and stuff and I had suggested HMP to him cause you guys are local, I work with one of your family members and I remember a few years ago when you first opened up him coming to me and telling me about you guys. I always wanted to give you some business and was happy to send my cousin your way. He is new to diesels except for stuff on the farm, and when he was looking to do stuff I told him he really needed to get exhaust temp and boost gauges so he doesn't melt down the engine. He went back to you guys and one of you told him that gauges are just for fun and you don't really need them, which is not true of the pyro,the boost maybe but not the pyro. If you guys would of told him to put the gauges on he would of. He is the type that looks to spend money.HMP also never told him that when he is towing that he cannot tow in the highest setting of the programer. We average 2800 to 3000 miles a week and half of those miles towing 10,000 to 15,000 pound trailers, And here he is in the highest level of the programer burning up hills in Iowa doing 70 mph probably running 1200 to 1500 degrees (no way to tell without gauges) Of EGT cause nobody told him he shouldn't do that. My father and I both have politely told him on several occasions that might not be a good idea (not wanting to sound like we are putting him down or thinking that he is a dummy cause he in no way is). I know that the fifth gear and pumps have common problems and I'm not totaly blaming that on you, but I'm sure that it didn't do the stuff any good with the extra stress put on them. If he would of melted some valves or damaged anther major item cause of the bad advise he recived from HMP would of taken responsabilty for it? My guess is no! Now that he's blown 5th gear twice he finally thinks that maybe it is a good idea to turn it down when he's towing. I don't feel like you guys (HMP) took enough time to explain to a diesel noob what exactly the programer does to the truck, and the way to properly use the new found power that it brings. So I'm sorry to say it, but because of that you have lost me as a customer and anybody that I would of referred to you because of this. I love my cousin to death and feel partly responsible for what happened to him. If you still want to talk that is fine just let me know. Dale

Again sorry to be rude but! dose he not know how to read ? It states in the paper work that comes with the programer NOT!!!! to tow in anything other then stock or tow programs. I personaly drove 1 1/2 hours today and spoke with Ron and Nick. The story your cousin is telling them is not what you are telling us.

I would like to ask that this is talked out between yourself, your cousin, and HMP before anything else is posted on this.

Thanks Scott IL Chapter Leader.

yamaguy 04-06-2007 08:28 PM

Yea I dropped it a long time ago (six days ago in fact). You won't here from me on it again.