Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Deadliest Catch (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/595144-deadliest-catch.html)

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-25-2007 03:06 PM

Deadliest Catch

Anyone else watch this show narrated by Mike Rowe religiously?
I have followed it since the first year.
The new season starts on Discovery channel on April 2

kwob 03-25-2007 03:13 PM

Yeah, great show... seen all the episodes except for one. Most of the boats seem to be from Seattle. My brother went up to AK crabbing for 3-4 seasons. He's got some scary stories to tell.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-25-2007 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by kwob
Yeah, great show... seen all the episodes except for one. Most of the boats seem to be from Seattle. My brother went up to AK crabbing for 3-4 seasons. He's got some scary stories to tell.

I bet he has stories, I always fantisize about going out on a crabbing boat. Then reality hits and I thank the lord I have not gone down that path.
Once while The wife and I were in our boat on dock at deer harbor a 52' "Bayleaker" moored up. We got to chatting with the 2 guys in their 40's and thier kids. Found out they owned a boat in AK and were the operators. They seemed content with the money they made and the risk they take.

kwob 03-25-2007 03:36 PM

It's great money, my brother made a couple hundred thousand in the time he was doin it...but also saw two guys get swept overboard and he lost a finger. When I was younger and before I joined the Army I thought about goin up there too. Too old to be doin that kinda thing now...

Placermike 03-25-2007 04:43 PM

Might have to check it out!

Rusty49 03-25-2007 05:09 PM

Really great show, my roomate fishes with alot of those guys every summer and makes mucho dinero :-drink

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-25-2007 05:23 PM

I bet but the length of day plus the cold. At first I would be gung ho but after a few days I would be so damn cold that I would be a little B*tch about it.

Ford_Six 03-25-2007 05:24 PM

I thought about it, but I just couldn't function on that little sleep. I'd make a stupid mistake here and there, and get myself injured or killed.

arctic y block 03-26-2007 05:40 PM

It's definitely a Young mans job. Not for the faint hearted. Had a green kid come in the wheel house when I was on watch. He said look at that boat. She's getting pounded bad. What would anyone be doing in a boat that small in this water. I told him that the schooner he was looking at was 110 footer and we was in a 90 footer. He turn snow white, headed for the fore castle and didn't come out till we hit calm water going back in. The winter shrimping and Halibut fisheries arent any better in Southeast either. But that don't get TV coverage.

MARTYSTOWRIG 04-03-2007 10:30 PM

Remember It starts tonight I think Maybe it was yesterday........... uh hu I better check

kwob 04-03-2007 10:33 PM

It's tonight, caught the first episode of the new season at 6:00 on Directv tonight. Good episode, but I won't spoil it for anybody that hasn't seen it yet.

MARTYSTOWRIG 04-03-2007 10:35 PM

Thanks Brother, I still have the old cable that I do not pay for. It is not included in my Rent But.............. I never ordered it and Have had it for over 2 Years now for free. WOO HOO!!

kwob 04-04-2007 09:23 AM

Wow, that's quite a deal ya got goin there! Did ya watch Deadliest Catch last night?

RexB 04-04-2007 09:45 AM

Great show, put on Season Pass to keep recording it.

The captain has it right:
"It's a crab boat. It's not a democracy. There's one guy in charge and now I'm that guy."

Voted the most dangerous job in the world and as hard of work as farming.

Deadliest site: http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/de...iestcatch.html

MARTYSTOWRIG 01-02-2008 12:20 AM

I cant wait to see if there will be a new season, I hope so. I cannot survive without it.