Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   Ignition system right year for my truck? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/594093-ignition-system-right-year-for-my-truck.html)

oneminizut 03-22-2007 04:55 PM

Ignition system right year for my truck?

I was talking to Ford_Six about this but I think he's been pretty busy with work. What I have is an 83 f250 with the 351 5.8l

He came and looked at my truck and told me to get a durasparkII with the blue grommet and a distributor for a 78' year for the windsor motor. Now I found a package for sale with the distributor and the blue grommet durasparkII but it's from a 77' and not a 78' like he told me. Now normally I could be patient for his reply but some circumstances have just changed and I really need to get this truck on the road. Any help appreciated!:)

Placermike 03-22-2007 08:09 PM

You can always try your Ford dealer to find out compatabilty, or the tech guys at Summit.

oneminizut 03-22-2007 08:21 PM

This is getting to be a little more difficult / strike that, alot more difficult than the original problem I thought I had.

oneminizut 03-22-2007 11:21 PM

Ok, Jared straightened me out with it. BTW, sorry for the double post but I'm not a moderator so I can only edit for an hour.

Placermike 03-23-2007 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by oneminizut
Ok, Jared straightened me out with it. BTW, sorry for the double post but I'm not a moderator so I can only edit for an hour.

Great that Jared got you the info! As far as the post editing, I am not sure about that hour thing! I have made some posts that I wanted to edit, and could do it right after the fact most of the time. I have had some that I could not. My guess is that it depends on whether or not someone saw the post and responded.

oneminizut 03-24-2007 06:51 AM

Well, I still got the highest bid for the whole ignition system on ebay for the 77' so I'll see what happens. A bunch of guys on the regular f150 and larger 80-' to 86' have been helping me as far as trying to install it properly. I wish I could afford the timing light on top of it. Guess I'll do it the old fashioned way.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-24-2007 11:08 AM

where do you live? i have a timing light you can borrow

oneminizut 03-24-2007 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
where do you live? i have a timing light you can borrow

I live in Spanaway... and you could check out the lot to see if it's fit for racing yet. I may need to cut some scotchbroom back for a wider track because I usually only drive just my truck down the path and its a little tight in spots. Not that the scotchbroom bothers me. If I need to get somewhere I'll run it over.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-24-2007 11:51 AM

well I can get it to federal way by tuesday if you need it. You would have to pick it up and get it back to me.

oneminizut 03-24-2007 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by MARTYSTOWRIG
well I can get it to federal way by tuesday if you need it. You would have to pick it up and get it back to me.

You know, as embarrasing as it is. I don't even know how to use the darn thing. And I'm still waiting to make sure I win the bid on my parts from ebay.

MARTYSTOWRIG 03-24-2007 12:22 PM

ok Let me know