Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Washington Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum188/)
-   -   The UNFORGIVEN (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/592168-the-unforgiven.html)

oneminizut 03-17-2007 10:38 PM

The UNFORGIVEN

Don't know how many of you have seen this movie but me and wifey are watching again tonight. I just love Clint Eastwood sphagetti western flicks(even though this new one is not one). Seen em all a dozen times at least. The best is still "The Good, Bad, and the Ugly". Any disagreements?

Placermike 03-17-2007 11:05 PM

That is a good one!... Clint has a bunch of good westerns....'The Good,The Bad, The Ugly', 'Fist Full of Dollars', For a Few Dollars More'. He was also pretty good with 'Clyde'...Any Which Way But Loose, and I forget the other.

betontheturtle 03-17-2007 11:15 PM

as a marine (ret) gunny Hiway in Heartbreak Ridge gets my vote but I do like em all

Placermike 03-17-2007 11:58 PM

Welcome to a great chapter forum Gunny!

betontheturtle 03-18-2007 12:59 AM

whoa got to fix this, me not Gunny, but thanks, I ment, Gunny Hiway in Heartbreak Ridge.

oneminizut 03-18-2007 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by betontheturtle
as a marine (ret) gunny Hiway in Heartbreak Ridge gets my vote but I do like em all

Ok, right... good one.

BTW, I would like to welcome any Marine here!! From any Generation!!

RexB 03-18-2007 09:20 AM

Hiya' Betontheturtle, welcome to our Oregon buddies. Donna's folks live by you and my folks live far south in Port Orford :)
-

Yea, Clint is one of my movie heroes -- and in real life too as he is involved in bettering his town, and was elected mayor once.
http://www.clinteastwood.net/welcome2.html

Dirty Harry is da' Man :-X22

arctic y block 03-18-2007 12:02 PM

Ya Dirty Harry's da man. But I too can't remember a bad Eastwood movie. Seen him last night in a commercial playing golf. Hair was snow white and standing strait up. Reminded me of the pic of Einstein that everybody has seen.

Ford_Six 03-18-2007 01:05 PM

Interesting tie between Metallica and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly-
Metallica's version of The Ecstasy of Gold, the first track on the S&M Album. Pretty interesting, I'm going to go listen to it while I work on the car in a few minutes here.

betontheturtle 03-18-2007 03:31 PM

Thanks all and Sempher Fi !!

Placermike 03-18-2007 03:42 PM

Honorary Gunny!

Originally Posted by betontheturtle

Guess this thread made you a 'Gunny'...LOL

cmpd1781 03-18-2007 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by oneminizut
I just love Clint Eastwood sphagetti western flicks(even though this new one is not one). Seen em all a dozen times at least. The best is still "The Good, Bad, and the Ugly". Any disagreements?

I'm not one of you NW boys, and this ain't a spaghetti western, so maybe I'm :-offtopic , BUT.......

Check out "The Gauntlet"..........Underrated, undershown, and one of Clint's best.........

Steve (someone from the SE raiding the territory of the NW)

Big_Al59 03-18-2007 08:41 PM

Always thought The outlaw Josey Wales was one of his best.

betontheturtle 03-18-2007 11:48 PM

That is also a very good one. How about Hang em High. he's made a lot of good movies.

oneminizut 03-19-2007 02:45 AM

Originally Posted by Ford_Six
Interesting tie between Metallica and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly-
Metallica's version of The Ecstasy of Gold, the first track on the S&M Album. Pretty interesting, I'm going to go listen to it while I work on the car in a few minutes here.

LMFAO, yeah... but we are always getting off tracks in post columns. Why not just start doing it from post to post?:-D

Naw, I drink to much to follow the conversation! lol

Originally Posted by beatontheturtle

Semper Fidelis!! Fortitudine, and Per Mare, Per Terram.

Bring em home in one piece. And no MIA's this time.