Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum187/)
-   -   Dura Crap vs. the 6.0 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/589759-dura-crap-vs-the-6-0-a.html)

scottman70 03-11-2007 06:35 PM

Dura Crap vs. the 6.0

Last night I was out with a friend of mine, he just got his 2006 Dura crap out of the performance shop with a Bully Dog set on extreme performance and 5" exhaust and Airaid intake and a 6" lift with 35's. Well we decided to look up a couple of our friends with ther diesels and race em! Wow that Dura crap is a fast truck, we raced a comparible F-250 6.0 with a bully dog, exhaust and intake and let him have a 2 second head start and by 90mph we were passed the 6.0 by about 5-6 lengths! Pretty surprising I must say, still like my 6.0 Ex better but I have a little more respect for the Dura crap now! I may just have to get one of those bow ties as a 2nd vehicle?? I bet the new 6.4 might give him a better run for the money though??

6L PWR 03-11-2007 07:45 PM

You won't be able to mod out the 6.4L like you can a 6.0L. There's alot of emissions controls that won't be able to be removed or bypassed as easily.

Where ya at. I can bring mine there and see how he does against it. :)

UGA33 03-11-2007 09:10 PM

Those duramaxs are quick. My dads work truck has the LBZ and i got to tow the bobcat back from the jobsite and it handled it really well. On the way back to the shop i am thinking that hey, maybe this truck is alright. As i made the right turn back to the shop i saw my 7500 lb work of art sitting there with its solid front axle, massive control arms, towcommand system, etc and then I said to myself, "Thats a real truck!"
By the way 6L PWR, what kind of numbers are you putting down on the dyno? They have to be impressive!

UGA33 03-11-2007 09:15 PM

Those duramaxs are quick. My dads work truck has the LBZ and i got to tow the bobcat back from the jobsite and it handled it really well. On the way back to the shop i am thinking that hey, maybe this truck is alright. As i made the right turn back to the shop i saw my 7500 lb work of art sitting there with its solid front axle, massive control arms, towcommand system, etc and then I said to myself, "Thats a real truck!"
By the way 6L PWR, what kind of numbers are you putting down on the dyno? They have to be impressive!

scottman70 03-11-2007 10:39 PM

6L POWr,

We are in the west valley, Litchfield Park area. Yeah but it looks to me like your truck isn't really a comparison of apples to apples with that nitrous8D

Yeah apple to apples the Dura crap has more stock hp and torque so modified with all the same equipment would surely make it more powerful than a Ford with the same mods. When we raced I knew we would beat the 6.0 but dude we blew it's doors off and he had a head start. I would say that just from watching the speed vs. distance traveled we were somewhere in the 14's for the quarter mile. He couldn't even wide open it off the line the 35 x 12.50 would smoke?? Ya know we never tried 4 wheel drive for better launches?? That Dura crap was impressive. I will just go ride with him when I need my diesel racing fix since my 6.0 Ex is to heavy........even with mods. Maybe I could take out my spare tire and 3rd seat and remove the hitch and bumpers to get lighter?? LOL:-missingt

6L PWR 03-12-2007 09:20 PM

I haven't ever dyno'd her. I'm trying to get down to the drag strip now that's it's opened back up again. I was running a 13.7 with no NOS prior to the fuel system, injectors and studs. I went against a truck on the street that runs a consistent 12.3 at the track and walked away when I turned on the NOS, so I'm hoping very low 12's.

Want to have fun with the launch? Put it in 4WD and make sure it's engaged by bumping it a couple times. Hold doen the brakes hard and get the boost up toward the 12-15 lbs range then let off and punch it. If it's anything like mine, she'll light the tires just a bit then suck you into the back seat. Too Fun!!

pstrang 03-12-2007 10:15 PM

Try loading 1500-2000 lbs. of weight in the back of the toy truck, then race it against the Ford. Then they'll weight about the same and the results will be different.

Fords are built very heavy for hauling, not racing. The cheap toy you played with has a different end use. Have your friend compare apples to apples next time.

RIsuperduty89 03-13-2007 07:44 AM

well said pstrang!

Enomra 03-13-2007 08:40 AM

You can get a 6.0 in the 14's with only a programmer. So my guess is that D-Max was running very low 14's or he's in the 13 club. It takes a lot of power to get in the 12's like 6L PWR. Like pstrang said the Dmax is basically a lighter truck and I don't think they are as solid as a FORD. Great engine though.

SR_Crewchief 03-13-2007 03:16 PM

6L PWR which strip?

lukecline 03-13-2007 06:12 PM

dmax's can make 12's on tuning only if they have a built transmission to handle the power, they can get nasty with very minimal mods. Heck there is a guy who goes by McRat that has ran deep in the 11's in an ext cab 4x4- with dual cp3 (injector pumps), gt42 turbo, built trans, EFI Live (custom tuning) and a few other minor supporting mods.

6L PWR 03-13-2007 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by SR_Crewchief
6L PWR which strip?

Usually Rogersville, but sometimes I run at KCIR too. Where about's are you? Don't know the town name.

lukecline 03-13-2007 10:05 PM

crap you must be fairly close to me... KC is about 3 hrs straight east of me

Enomra 03-14-2007 08:37 AM

Line em up boys this could be interesting LOL :-missingt :-X22

pstrang 03-14-2007 09:27 AM

Cool, yea....don't forget to load the ton of weight in the bed of the toy truck first (well, that is if it can hold a ton of weight). Then the toy will weigh as much as the working truck. The Superduty will leave it in the dust.