Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2004 - 2008 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum24/)
-   -   Projector Headlights (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/588662-projector-headlights.html)

shawn001 03-08-2007 02:50 PM

Projector Headlights

Has anyone installed these ? Do you need to have HID / Xenon headlights in order to get a projector headlight ?

Thanks ...

FTE Trigger 03-08-2007 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by shawn001
Has anyone installed these ? Do you need to have HID / Xenon headlights in order to get a projector headlight ?

Thanks ...

I have projectors, but don't have HiD... most aftermarket Proj. lamp manuf. (like mine) note that the assemblies are not able to support HiDs.

I think I have a pic in my gallery of a "close-up"...

tdister 03-08-2007 04:48 PM

Rich, how is the beam pattern on those? I like very few aftermarket lights, those being one of them. Looks good.

FTE Trigger 03-08-2007 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by tdister
Rich, how is the beam pattern on those? I like very few aftermarket lights, those being one of them. Looks good.

Not too bad... They are somewhat squared off at the termination point (at least mine are) I think some adjusting is in order to bring the beam pattern up a bit. It should then take it to an oval beam pattern.

I will say, they did take some time to get use to.....:D

wildcard30 03-08-2007 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by 99Trigger3_0
Not too bad... They are somewhat squared off at the termination point (at least mine are) I think some adjusting is in order to bring the beam pattern up a bit. It should then take it to an oval beam pattern.

I will say, they did take some time to get use to.....:D

What brand do you have?

Firemut30 03-08-2007 09:45 PM

What took getting used to? I think it might be my next mod. since the throttle body spacer doesn't seem to be worth the effort.

FTE Trigger 03-08-2007 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by wildcard30
What brand do you have?

To be honest... I can't recall... I'll have to look. Maybe this weekend.

Originally Posted by Firemut30
What took getting used to?

The different/new light beam pattern.

wildcard30 03-09-2007 04:21 PM

I've been looking at getting a set. Please let me know...

Thanks!

Sonicman 03-10-2007 08:37 AM

See the pics in my gallary. I have projector head lights but they are not HID. I bought my lights from an ebay store called Vertex Racing. They also sell a XENON HID LIGHTING SYSTEM CONVERSION KIT H1 6000K WHITE item # 290073019388 (out of date). This will make them HID. It's about $150.
I also bought stealth marker bulbs. These replace the amber colored bulbs in the front. They are silver when off and amber when lit. I really like my set up. Tell what yall think.

FTE Trigger 03-12-2007 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by wildcard30
I've been looking at getting a set. Please let me know...

Thanks!

The Manuf. looks to be a company called XTM...the location stamped on the bottom of the assembly has a California address. I couldn't seem to locate a website tho?

Personally I probably would not purchase these again. They don't seem to be very "user" friendly as far as bulb replacements, esp. the LEDS. I've found a replacement for my LEDs... but I'm starting to think of replacing them all together.

Maybe I'll look for a manuf. that has already corrected the HID- "issues" related to the corrective projector lamp focusing.

wildcard30 03-13-2007 06:49 PM

Rich,

Thanks for the info....