Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Connecticut Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum227/)
-   -   members list (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/588270-members-list.html)

shortbed7.3 03-07-2007 03:52 PM

members list

i want to put together an email list of members,so i know if theres enough people out there to keep this postin board goin,or close it and consolidate w/sglaine in the ne chapter. sound off

matt,aka shortbed

Gregg C. 03-07-2007 03:57 PM

I am a member of the chapter but feel that since there hasn't been a whole lot of interest down here in a long time it should be consolodated with the NE Chapter. It seems like there's not enough consistent people to keep it going!

Gregg

383lightning 03-09-2007 03:15 PM

I pop in once in a while. but I agree probably smart to consolidate.

savage2211 03-09-2007 04:36 PM

Hey Guys, I know you all have friends with fords. Just tell then to check out the wedsite... It's that easy.Thats how we have been keeping the DE chapter going..When you stop for gas or out for dinner there is always another ford truck in the parking lot.just walk over and tell him ( nice truck man,have you checked out FTE?) I'm sorry if I'm butting in but I just hate to see a chapter end ....Thanks guys.

soondg 03-09-2007 05:16 PM

I'm with you on that Barry. Just say hello to people with a Ford truck. People think I'm a little nuts, but I do it all the time, get into some neat conversations and meet new people. The GTG's are great also, once people eventually show up they realize that most of the people they've spoken to on line are just as nice in person. Just takes some persistence and perseverance on members part to get it rolling. A whole new social group opens up for you. Delaware is a great example of members putting forth the effort to make it work. It can be a little difficult for the larger states because of the travel distance, but it does work. Grow slow, but grow.

glruff 03-09-2007 08:48 PM

Gregg C. why don't you nominate Matt, shortbed7.3 to be the new chapter leader and then volunteer to help him breathe new life in your chapter?

It is going to take 3 or 4 guys willing to put forth the effort to make it happen. One person can not do it alone, it requires a group effort. After all it is YOUR chapter, make it happen.

frdtruc1 03-09-2007 09:15 PM

Haven't been around much lately myself. I'll go along with whatever the majority decides.

blue96psd 03-10-2007 08:05 PM

more than willing to help matt he lives right down the road from me

Vladimir Hyde 03-11-2007 01:07 AM

i agree with Barry, ive been mentioning the site to a few people that come in to work, im actually gonna print up some flyers or something cause i know alot of people that have fords its just that when you tell them, theyll forget, if you give them something itll make it that much more likely that theyll check us out.

soondg 03-11-2007 09:25 PM

Matt, looks like you have some willing and able members to kick start your chapter. Go with it and enjoy the fellowship.

shortbed7.3 03-12-2007 06:03 AM

we're gonna see what we can do.if everyone helped out just a little bit,i think we can pull this back together.

96f150 03-16-2007 07:28 PM

I pop in every so often as well....not to sound stupid...but how do I join?
Rich :-X22

frdtruc1 03-16-2007 08:10 PM

Good question. I was under the impression that if you register on this site, you are automatically a member of a Chapter in your respective area. I now have a feeling that may not be the case, so will watch for someones response.

soondg 03-16-2007 11:49 PM

Go to your user CP on the left of the blue bar, click on it, scroll down the left side to chapter memberships and click on that. A list of chapters will come up that you are eligible to join, go to your home chapter and request to join, put in the reason you want to join. Your Chapter Leader will register you when he receives the request. Enjoy your home chapter, visit often, post frequently and meet others from your area at the chapter get together.

shortbed7.3 03-17-2007 07:31 PM

welcome to the ct chapter!!!