Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   Legal music downloads (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/587536-legal-music-downloads.html)

93F250 03-05-2007 07:33 PM

Legal music downloads

I want to start downloading MP3's and want to do it legally. I don't mind paying a fee for them monthly but I don't think it willl be worth $1 a song. ($1/song x 200 songs per MP3 player x 3 MP3 players in my house=TOOMUCH $) Any suggestions?

cabinetmaker00 03-05-2007 07:39 PM

try a file sharing site like ARES , you can share music with others and vice versa
best of all it's free .

Matts72 03-05-2007 07:42 PM

So, you don't want to pay for them, but you want to do it legally? If you don't want to pay for them, then don't, thousands of people don't.

seventyseven250 03-05-2007 07:45 PM

My wife downloaded a handful of songs for something like $0.50 a song and we've had no end pf problems with them. For some reason when she uses iTunes to load them on her iPod, it thinks they aren't legal unles she re-downloads the song (which she can do with the code she got the first time) and winamp never plays them.

The rest of the music on our computer is mostly ripped from CD's, which we've never had a problem with. We have a couple of illegal downloads, and funny enough, those never seem to have software problems either. I've told her not to buy any more music online. I'd rather buy the CD and rip it if we want it on the computer.
I have found some cheap places online to buy CD's, so I'm actually buying more CD's than ever. I rip them onto the comptuer and then put them away in a box.

93F250 03-06-2007 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Matts72
So, you don't want to pay for them, but you want to do it legally? If you don't want to pay for them, then don't, thousands of people don't.

I don't mind paying a monthly fee for them but what I don't want to do is pay per song. As I wrote before ...$1/song x 200 songs per MP3 player x 3 MP3 players in my house=TOO MUCH $

Americanmadeford 03-06-2007 08:51 PM

try a file sharing site like ARES , you can share music with others and vice versa best of all it's free .
Of course it's free, its illegal. :-X07

EDIT:

How do those music sharing programs work that some universities have? Dont they work like P2P servies but instead once you "upload" a song to someone else you no longer have it. Just like once you download a song, the other person doesnt have it?

Matts72 03-07-2007 12:10 AM

My university has ResNet... but it works just like other filesharing programs... Its a trick though, the university bans any use of a server or any other filesharing than ResNet so they use ResNet to track it all, everything goes through there.

I live off campus and I use Ares... I don't download very much, I burn it to a CD or put it on my MP3 player and delete it from my computer. Its not illegal to download it, its illegal to upload it.