Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Announcements (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum74/)
-   -   Downtime (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/579234-downtime.html)

FTE Ken 02-12-2007 12:06 PM

Downtime

As some of you may have noticed, we've had trouble with the site thepast two days. Files for the post and pm tables were corrupt and it was causing a small number posts and pms to get lost. Some of you may have also noticed that you were unable to search on any keywords in the search screen. I took down the site database this morning around 10am EST and repaired the tables. I apologize for any inconvenience caused. If anyone has any further problems please submit a trouble-ticket ("Misc" on the drop-down menu, then "Support").

Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

FTE Ken 02-12-2007 01:41 PM

Spoke too soon. I think its fixed now, but only time will tell. :(

Mil1ion 02-12-2007 02:32 PM

Whenever there seems to be a sistuation I do a tracert

I had trouble at server #2 yesterday so I figured that spot wa sstill the problem.

Being down I took advantage of going to the Post office,the bank,the grocery store and the beer store ...

Ken, Thanks for the time off to get some normal things done ;)

CAFordDude 02-12-2007 04:46 PM

Ken,

I was having trouble with mine last night and early today. I was recieving, but unable to send messages.

Now it appears that I can do both again. You can close my trouble ticket.

Thanks for your efforts.

CAFordDude 02-15-2007 04:36 PM

I don't know if this is all part of the same problem but I have noticed that when I pull up a user profile, where it used to say "viewing X" or "Private messaging" or whatever that user was doing over in the upper right corner, everyone says "offline" even when there green dot is clearly lit in the forums and they appear to be actively posting.

At first I thought maybe I was catching users as they went offline but after it continued to happen I thought there may something wrong.

I can submit a trouble ticket if you would like.

FTE Ken 02-15-2007 07:13 PM

Okay fixed. It was actually a VBulletin setting (who's online). I turned it off to see its impact on server load (none) and forgot to turn it back on. :-D

cabinetmaker00 03-05-2007 07:26 PM

I was just curious about the forums being down late last night and into the early morning
I can't be the only one that noticed .

FTE Ken 03-06-2007 07:56 AM

Corrupt database post table. I became very well aware of it when I came in the morning. VBulletin sent me over 13,000 emails overnight. Took nearly 2 hours to download them.

tomtoc 03-06-2007 09:23 AM

changing forum links now? from "forum35" to "ranger b-series". i got nervous when my favorites wouldn't work

MisterCMK 03-07-2007 01:39 PM

Wow, thats a LOT of e-mails. Props on getting it fixed so fast.

tjc transport 03-07-2007 02:46 PM

"over 13,000 emails overnight"
what does that equal? 1 email for each active user??:-X07