Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford vs The Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum17/)
-   -   Remind me why I like Ford... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/578769-remind-me-why-i-like-ford.html)

seftonm 02-13-2007 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by 93RangerXL4x2
yes Fords got one to compete, as for your 2000 with a problem at only 84,000 is nothing to complain to me about it, I just recently put all new brakes, drive shaft, i hit a pile of wood so its dented, the batterys from 1998, and its has 223,700 kms its had no problems to over strees about, its a 400,000 bond truck.

Head gasket at 84000 is nothing to complain about? What world are you from? I would be disappointed in my truck if it had all the problems yours has had.

93RangerXL4x2 02-13-2007 10:00 PM

No engine problems, always starts, 84,000 is low but its gonan happen to some trucks mabe you loved your ford to much and you blew it out, when im towing scrap metel I know I cant be passing other cars, its not good for the motor but I do it anyways, cause its a ford, If my trucks does not make 400,000 kms on the Original Tranny and Motor, If this truck breaks down before 400,000, Im gonna be a upset ford fan but it wont stop me from getting my hands on a 99-03 F-250 with a Diesel.

SMIGGS 02-13-2007 10:14 PM

No engine problems, always starts, 84,000 is low but its gonan happen to some trucks mabe you loved your ford to much and you blew it out, when im towing scrap metel I know I cant be passing other cars, its not good for the motor but I do it anyways, cause its a ford, If my trucks does not make 400,000 kms on the Original Tranny and Motor, If this truck breaks down before 400,000, Im gonna be a upset ford fan but it wont stop me from getting my hands on a 99-03 F-250 with a Diesel.

Loved his Ford too much and blew it out? He wasn't asking about your last date.:-offtopic

400,000 km's? If you keep hitting those wood piles and driving up those "nice' hills you might be lucky if it will last you till the summer!:-roll

93RangerXL4x2 02-14-2007 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Loved his Ford too much and blew it out? He wasn't asking about your last date.:-offtopic

400,000 km's? If you keep hitting those wood piles and driving up those "nice' hills you might be lucky if it will last you till the summer!:-roll

I dont see how that matters? My truck started this morning no problem so im good for a run to 400,000, My trucks gonna make it. if not I got the 300 and it well be time for Diesel. I well keep climbing and I well c ya in the simmer.

thorseshoeing 02-14-2007 08:46 AM

if not I got the 300 and it well be time for Diesel. I well keep climbing and I well c ya in the simmer.

I want to help you out here.

It's not "it well be time"...or "I well c ya"...
It should read "it will be time"...and "I will see you"...

I'm not trying to criticize or make fun of you...just trying to help.

Tim:-wink

SMIGGS 02-14-2007 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by BLK94F150
Oh yeah? Well I just got done driving our GMC 8500, which totally PWNs every little thing that Ford has so it must be the toughest truck in like the whole world!!!!1111oneoneone It has to, it says 8500 on the side!

All the while my 2000 5.4 with 84K is in the shop getting new head gaskets because a design flaw with the intake gasket caused it to leak coolant into the intake and subsequently blow the headgaskets from rust and overpressure. Remind me why I like Ford again. Reliability what?

Mike

Mike,

Have you checked into a recall on this? I know my 99 the headgaskets were done at no charge to the previous owner.

BLK94F150 02-14-2007 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by SMIGGS
Mike,

Have you checked into a recall on this? I know my 99 the headgaskets were done at no charge to the previous owner.

Is there anything you could link me too with more on this? I'd love for Ford to pick up some of this. But I had an independent shop do the work, so I'll probably have to fight them tooth and nail. It's worth a shot though.

Mike

SMIGGS 02-14-2007 02:27 PM

You can look through this website, at the top of the screen there is a Recalls/TSB tab.

I know the previous owner of my truck and he stated the passenger side was done for free but he never elaborated wether it was a recall or warranty. I would google it also and see what you come up with.

I know I have a service record from the dealer on the truck so I will see if I can dig it up. We just moved so I might need some time......:-X22

linkinluver07 02-21-2007 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by afreemanmd
Ok,

So i started to look at the Chevy and Dodge fullsize lines and comparing them to the Fords.

I can't speak for long term build quality or durability, but from the just the specs, ford seems a little behind... especially since they just completely re-did their Superduty's for '08, you thought they would be ahead...

The biggest issue for me is side-curtain airbags... (maybe I'm a little biased because they saved my dad's life) but still IMHO, Ford really dropped the ball on this one. The dodge's and GMC's got 'em, and Ford should have put them in when the redesigned...

The dodges also come with a factory option remote start, AND the cummins diesel.

I love Ford and its the only truck I've driven, but seriously, I'm beginning to question my loyalty, especially with the airbag thing...

Somebody please remind me why I like the Fords so much. Sure, IMHO they look the best, but I'm just trying to think safety too :)

I'm not bashing Ford (or anyone for that matter) but some objective info would be great) Yeah, its a ford forum, so it will be biased, but hey, thats fine with me, I LOVE my ford Excursion :)

Thanks!

Isaac

This is the biggest Bunch of B.S. that I have EVER read.:mad: If you knew how to DRIVE a vehicle properly you wouldn't NEED these things you call side curtain airbags!!:confused:

[just kidding i really couldn't resist that:-missingt ]

DOHCmarauder 02-21-2007 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by linkinluver07
This is the biggest Bunch of B.S. that I have EVER read.:mad: If you knew how to DRIVE a vehicle properly you wouldn't NEED these things you call side curtain airbags!!:confused:

[just kidding i really couldn't resist that:-missingt ]

:-X15 :-X15 :-X15

Ummmmm.........leave the comedy to Smiggs.

afreemanmd 02-21-2007 09:31 PM

Yeah, I'm not worried about keeping myself on the road, I'm worried about what happens when the other crazy people yakking on their cell phones hit ME! ;)

I can keep myself out of trouble, but sometimes its harder to stay out of other people's trouble. But so far so good. I'm 17 and have been driving for almost 2 years alone, and no accidents/tickets/etc... But then again I drive a 2000 Excurision with 98000 mi and a 7x16 enclosed trailer, so I think most people would rather not me lol :)

But in all seriousness, when is Ford gonna catch up and put some decent airbags in their trucks? I can't think of any reason why they haven't yet. Just lazy i guess. I thought they would have done it when the redesigned for '08.

Oh, well, I've still got a few years before I'm looking for a new truck, so hopefully by then, they will have gotten with the airbag program lol.

Isaac

NumberDummy 02-21-2007 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by linkinluver07
[just kidding i really couldn't resist that ]

You can drive as properly as you want, but side curtain airbags prevent injuries from side impacts.

Ergo: Someone T bones you. Bags inflate to protect you against head and upper body injuries.

btw, if you are looking for airbags for your Ford truck, there's a couple of two legged ones here I can suggest.

Oh wait, sorry, those are windbags.

Dan7378 03-12-2007 08:11 PM

I wouldn't base my decision on buying a truck on the "tests" done by such car magazines.

I think Truck Trend does a good job of comparsion but 4wheel and off road sucks.If u ever read their reviews u would know why.
Their out testing a truck for its 4WD capability and they complain about the dash or the cup holders,come on who buys a truck because it has nice cup holders and a place for ur cell phone,PLEASE.Most of the writers and editors are chevy lovers anyway.

But thats just my opinion I could be wrong,
Dan
:-X06 :-tap

93RangerXL4x2 03-12-2007 09:53 PM

I really liek the cup holders in my 1998.

Monsta 03-12-2007 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by afreemanmd
But in all seriousness, when is Ford gonna catch up and put some decent airbags in their trucks? I can't think of any reason why they haven't yet. Just lazy i guess. I thought they would have done it when the redesigned for '08.

In all fairness to Ford, they didn't completely redesign the 08's. The new dash is just a tweaked F-150 dash, they slapped on a new grill and turned the lights upside down while changing some of the front frame a bit..stetched the rear springs and popped in a new diesel.

It is still the same ole cab. Maybe that's why they couldn't engineer side airbags for it. I'm sure when the do a real redesign they'll be there.