Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nite, Nascar & Other Limited Edition Ford Trucks (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum178/)
-   -   police intercepter? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/576162-police-intercepter.html)

titusf350 02-04-2007 03:19 PM

police intercepter?

My buddy just bought a 97' ford f-150 2wd. Well under the f-150 badges on the fender and tailgate it has two badges one says SVT and the other says police intercepter. I personally have never heard of this "edition" of f-150. Has anyone ever heard of this? I have not driven the truck I just walked all around it and looked underneath it but I did not see anything special about this truck. It has regular f-150 cast aluminum wheels on it too......But being an SVT It should have SVT wheels right?

Thanks ahead of time for your reply's
Titus

RangerPilot 02-04-2007 07:03 PM

Sounds like somebody took a little trip on eBay. SVT badges are easily obtainable via eBay, as are the Police Interceptor badges from Crown Vics.

Every police vehicle I've seen has had all other badges removed except the Crown Vic, which keeps it's Police Interceptor badge.

FTE Trigger 02-04-2007 07:04 PM

You can easily order or find these badges from a Ford dealer parts dept. or it was possibly scabbed off of a salvaged/junkyard vehicle...

titusf350 02-04-2007 07:48 PM

That's what I was thinkin. But the bad thing about this is he really thinks this truck is hopped up like an SVT! Da#@*t now I gotta tell him he got ripped............ Thank you for the replys
Titus

Jonas1022 02-04-2007 08:08 PM

Some states buy the F-150 for Highway Patrol. Texas is one of them. They also buy the Dodges and Chebbies. I think they are standard duty save for maybe a wiring harness mod and spot lights. No spot lights, no antennea holes, no Police Interceptor. SVO, yeah it's a Lightning.

TwelveAlpha 02-04-2007 10:06 PM

Yup. I got the police badge on my tailgate. Mostly just to see who scratches their head and says "huh?!?" With 4.56 gears I'm not running anyone down.
The state patrol here, their carrier enforcement division actually uses super duties regularly, and there's nothing different about them at all. Those guys just need to be able to carry enough gear to stop a rig on the side of the interstate, put the bags under it, and weigh it.
No F150 that I know of though . . .
Sideline, several years ago, while I was still a military cop, we got a bunch of Chevy Tahoes in which had a 6 something diesel in them. These were the smaller version than the current tahoes. They didnt have any badging to indicate being different, but they did have a couple of oddities which I wondered how we got since I dont think they made them that way for anyone else. For one, you could just tap the emergency brake, not actually engage the brakes, but it'd kill every light in the whole ride. The theory was you could sneak up easier, but with a diesel, I never put a lot of stock in it. It was such a light vehicle it sure had some giddiup to it though.

soondg 02-06-2007 01:52 PM

Not to long ago I was driving the Pennsylvania Turnpike and saw a Lightning with police package, It had New Jersey tags. This wasn't a cargo truck this thing was moving,I didn't get a chance to get a real close up but it did have lights in the grill.

monsterbaby 02-06-2007 01:58 PM

Our local sheriffs dept bought 2 F150s, not lightenings, just regular 5.4s in them but they have had something done to them from Ford because the speed limiters are WAY higher than a standard F150, and I know for a fact the dept didn't do anything like add a tuner. They are some kind of PI package, next time I go over to one of the deputies house's I will have to look and see if it has that badge on it or not.

monsterbaby 02-11-2007 05:13 PM

Well I had a chance to look at the 2 local F150s the sherrif dept has, neither one has any special badges on them, not the SVT or PI of any sort. Not sure if that means anything but just figured I would post up what I found.

h2odrx 02-11-2007 09:11 PM

Man i can see it now a moded out F350 6.4 putting out some killer HP for the HP!!!!

RangerPilot 02-11-2007 09:54 PM

My local police department runs Tahoes, a couple of PT Cruisers, and two Crown Vics, none of them but the Crown Vics have any sort of special badging.

The Tahoes and PTs have had their badges removed and the spots for them filled.

titusf350 02-14-2007 04:59 PM

Thank you for your replys. I was pretty shure but I had to ask you guys before I shot my mouth off!!!lol I am going to let him know the next time he braggs about the truck to me. Thanks again

Titus

tjc transport 02-19-2007 05:19 PM

if he got a F150 PI, he was very lucky. they are not supposed to be sold to the general public. i have seen 3 over the past 2 days, 2 on the turnpike, and 1 locally.
i asked about them at headquarters today, and was told yes, they are out there, but no, we are not going to get any rite now.

blitzen25bm 02-19-2007 06:53 PM

Maybe he just has the badge? I have a PI badge on my computer moniter, as mentioned you can buy them at the dealer. I saw a sheriff Lightning at the courthouse the outer day though, I wonder what kind of senority do you need to move up that car ride; cause usually instead of the Crown Vics I see them in Tahoes.

soondg 02-20-2007 02:59 PM

Then I wasn't hallucinating when I saw the one on the Pennsy Turnpike with the Jersey tags. Thanks for the research Tom.