Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Oregon Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum190/)
-   -   Oregon Chapter Meet and Greet? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/576006-oregon-chapter-meet-and-greet.html)

ProAuctioneer 02-04-2007 01:37 AM

Oregon Chapter Meet and Greet?

Hello everyone.

I was reading a post from "71 ford kid" I think that was his handle. Any way i think a camping or BBQ social would be great so everyone can meet eachother and put faces to names.

We can plan something for the future when the weather is nicer. I would be willing to help put this together. Any ideas? Anyone even interested?

fabmandelux 02-04-2007 09:39 AM

I think it will take awhile before we are ready for a GTG. There isn't many of us yet, we have no leader as yet, and a lot of us are scattered all over this large state and the cost of driving to a GTG is not small with today's fuel prices! I for one would love to have a GTG, but will wait till there is more of us. If you would like to help, we need to find more members. Whenever I see a post from somebody from Oregon I try and PM them a message inviting them to join the new Chapter, but I think some are a little "gun-shy" after the problems encountered with the old NWC. It will take some time, but we can get there from here :) . Feel free to PM me with any ideas for recruiting new members.

Ponyracer 02-05-2007 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by fabmandelux
I think some are a little "gun-shy" after the problems encountered with the old chapter.

Awe gees, now you have gone and done it! :-missingt Just kiddin. What do you mean, I'm still here!

There has been discussion about a GTG, but we are still young yet.

Oregon-Mike 02-05-2007 10:11 AM

I'd love to do a GTG if it were close :-) I suppose that's probably the biggest rub in any kind of GTG eh? Ponyracer & I are close to each other so we have a majority to have it in the mid-Willamette valley now right? :-)

My Ford still isn't on the road yet....still have some items to work on and get it registered etc. It'd have to be a while before I could make one or I'd have to show up in my old 6.2 Chevy :-)

Mike

fabmandelux 02-05-2007 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Oregon-Mike
I'd love to do a GTG if it were close :-) I suppose that's probably the biggest rub in any kind of GTG eh? Ponyracer & I are close to each other so we have a majority to have it in the mid-Willamette valley now right? :-)

My Ford still isn't on the road yet....still have some items to work on and get it registered etc. It'd have to be a while before I could make one or I'd have to show up in my old 6.2 Chevy :-)

Mike

Mike, we don't care what you show up in, It's the love of Fords that keeps us here! You guys are about a 3-5 hour drive from me, but when we're ready I'll be there. And I might even bring the Do**e..............:-innocent Then again I do have a 38' sailboat on the Columbia River that might be available some weekend this summer for some "fun in the Sun"............................

Ponyracer 02-05-2007 09:50 PM

There is also the Portland Swap meet the first weekend in April. We could plan something that weekend and give us an incentive.

Oregon-Mike: email me sometime if you need help

fabmandelux 02-06-2007 06:27 AM

The Portland swap-meet is an excellent idea! I've been going to it for over 25 years...................

bertha66 02-06-2007 03:04 PM

I will also be at the swap meet with my sons who are also on this site. My one son is also on the MSM Slick 60's site, he tells me that the chapter from there is also getting togather at the swap meet.

Oregon-Mike 02-07-2007 08:19 PM

I'm glad I googled the Portland swap meet before asking if anybody had details first....portlandswapmeet.com :-)

I'd love to check that out and do a GTG there and meet some of y'all, but my daughter has a horse competition that weekend so I won't be able to make it. We're at the horse center from about 5:30 Friday morning until about 7:00 that Sunday night coming home to sleep is about all.

Some other time, hopefully next year. That swap meet looks like it'd be a ton of fun.

Mike