Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Delaware Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum191/)
-   -   +++++ User Control Panel(user Cp) +++++ (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/573513-user-control-panel-user-cp.html)

glruff 01-28-2007 01:21 PM

+++++ User Control Panel(user Cp) +++++

To access your user control panel, USER CP, click on user cp in the blue shaded area of the tool bar just below the thread title. In this example, under +++++ User Control Panel(user Cp) +++++.

In the user control panel, you have the following selections under “Settings & Options”, (left hand side of the page):
  1. Edit Signature
  2. Edit Email & Password
  3. Edit Profile
  4. Edit Timeslip
  5. Edit Options
  6. Edit Gallery
  7. Edit Avatar
Click on any of those selections to change or add information to your control panel. Keep in mind, YOU NEED 25 POSTS IN ORDER TO SETUP YOUR SIGNATURE.

EDIT SIGNATURE: The screen that opens is very similar to the post window that opens when you use the “Go Advanced” option to post a reply. Suggestion here is that you use a font like “Verdana” size “2”, so the signature is not too large and is easy to read on screen in your posts. There are a number of formatting, colors, link options available. Become familiar with those options in the tool bar above the text box.

EDIT EMAIL & PASSWORD:This is pretty straight forward, nothing complicated here.

EDIT PROFILE: Here is where you make changes to your name, address, etc. Under Optional Information – All information will be viewable by other forum members, you can add Your birth date, Instant messaging username, Details about yourself, Where you live, Your Hobbies, etc. and Zip code. In “Where You Live”, put your city/town and two digit state. For example, Seaford, DE. This will show in your posts on the upper right hand side as “Location”.

EDIT OPTIONS: This is an important section if you want to display your signature, avatar, and images in your posts.

Allow vCard Download, check box if you want others to be able to download a vCard that contains your email address and username.

Messaging & Notification Check the boxes for Receive Email from Administrators, and the box Receive Email from Other Members.

Private Messaging, Check the box to Enable Private Messaging.

Check the box to Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages. Check the box to Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up.

Thread Display Options, Check each box to Show Signatures, Show Avatars, and Show Images. If you do not check those boxes your signature, avatar or images WILL NOT be displayed in your posts.

The other options in this section are for personal preferences for how you want to see threads displayed number of posts per page, thread date cut-off.

Date & Time Options, This is self explanatory.

Miscellaneous Options, Select Enhanced Interface – Full WYSIWYG Editing.

EDIT GALLERY: Selecting this option takes you to a new window where you can setup a gallery for pictures of your Ford vehicles and upload those pictures from this page.

EDIT AVATAR: This is where you add personality to your posts by adding a picture. Two options, you can add a picture by linking to a page on the internet, your gallery, etc. or you can upload a picture from your computer. Keep in mind that the size of the custom image is limited to 120 by 100 pixels or approximately 12.2 KB. A program that I found useful is called “Shrink Pictures” and is found here: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/ .

NEEDLESS TO SAY YOU HAVE TO SAVE YOUR CHANGES OR ADDITIONS EACH TIME YOU MAKE CHANGES OR ADJUSTMENTS.

This is a summary of how to use the User Control Panel to make your membership in FTE more enjoyable for you, the members of the Delaware Chapter.

George L. Ruff
Delaware Chapter Leader

dawgs150 01-28-2007 03:54 PM

thanks for the info

glruff 01-28-2007 04:01 PM

Your are welcome, thats why I get the big bucks. lol

glruff 02-18-2007 09:03 PM

New members the above information you will find nowhere else but here in the Delaware Chapter.

phil6608 02-19-2007 04:00 AM

Is that how that thing works?
Good info George.

glruff 04-13-2007 06:41 PM

Bump up for the new members.

glruff 07-27-2007 06:19 AM

Bump, for the new members who may have missed this.:-wink

Mark62 07-29-2007 09:31 PM

Why do I not have the option to have a SIGNATURE?

savage2211 07-29-2007 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mark62
Why do I not have the option to have a SIGNATURE?

I think you have to have at least 25 post man....

glruff 12-12-2007 08:59 PM

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p...ITORS/bump.gif

86F150302 12-17-2007 02:13 AM

aahh haaa! Thank you!

I have over 25 posts and still cant make a sig though :(

Can you help me out please?

glruff 12-17-2007 04:43 AM

Looks like you went over 25 posts yesterday, so it will take a day for the database to recycle and you should be good to go.

86F150302 12-17-2007 12:52 PM

ok looks like I got it today :)

glruff 12-17-2007 12:53 PM

Good for you. Now make me proud. lol

BTW, how come you haven't joined the Florida Chapter????

Tell Tony, surewhynot, I sent you.:-wink

86F150302 12-17-2007 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by glruff
Good for you. Now make me proud. lol

BTW, how come you haven't joined the Florida Chapter????

Tell Tony, surewhynot, I sent you.:-wink

What is the florida chapter? lol

lol NVM. I found this thread while searching so I had no idea it was in Mid atlantic reagion.