Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chapter Discussion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum138/)
-   -   How would you go about this?? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/571385-how-would-you-go-about-this.html)

sglaine 01-22-2007 06:51 PM

How would you go about this??

I'm the Chapter leader for New England witch covers 6 States and my goal is to get members to show up the same time from those States. At one of our meets.

Now the question is for those leaders that have a large chapter like my self.

I my self like to see more members get together and have a great time.

Please share your thoughts and skills on how you fine leaders do it. I really would like to set up a great chapter meet for this Summer and draw everyone to it.

F2504x4 01-22-2007 07:20 PM

Well , heres a idea not sure if its agood one or not..
find a common interest that the group has, offroading, mudding, show trucks, concerts, painting chevies die-glow green....whatever, see what will create enough interest to come to a meet, keep in mind if alot of members have families it should be something to involve them as well.

Ronin007 01-22-2007 07:39 PM

Sean - what I have found is that planning a large G2G for NY state was a failure. What has been successful has been small G2G's (one on one's) which has developed into interest in doing a larger regional G2G. I think the failure of the large G2G was that no one really knew each other then. Now there are pockets of members that are comfortable with one another. I guess time will tell if the larger G2G works as it is in March.

Good luck to you and will stop into your Chapter from time to time being that some of your members have invited us over. :)

fellro86 01-22-2007 08:44 PM

Definitely start small, move the meets around to try and be close to more members. Until it means more to the individuals, the large meets won't do as well. Don't feel bad if it takes time, you have some good area to cover. It's more states condensed, but still is time to get anywhere, the same as it is here, in one state...

sglaine 01-23-2007 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by F2504x4
Well , heres a idea not sure if its agood one or not..
find a common interest that the group has, offroading, mudding, show trucks, concerts, painting chevies die-glow green....whatever, see what will create enough interest to come to a meet, keep in mind if alot of members have families it should be something to involve them as well.

We have thrown that out there. And we have had BBQ's but every time we did it rained

sglaine 01-23-2007 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Ronin007
Sean - what I have found is that planning a large G2G for NY state was a failure. What has been successful has been small G2G's (one on one's) which has developed into interest in doing a larger regional G2G. I think the failure of the large G2G was that no one really knew each other then. Now there are pockets of members that are comfortable with one another. I guess time will tell if the larger G2G works as it is in March.

Good luck to you and will stop into your Chapter from time to time being that some of your members have invited us over. :)

I would like to talk to you about that sometime if you would like me or you could give a call on the phone.

Ronin007 01-24-2007 12:10 PM

Sean - sent you a PM.

sglaine 01-24-2007 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Ronin007
Sean - sent you a PM.

Thanks I will give you a call when I get a free moment.:-D

FTE Trigger 01-24-2007 07:17 PM

Ray had a good idea there... so did Darren....

Just' to shed some light on what we have planned in the near month(s)...
Our Chapter is going to try something of the sorts of a big g2g. Mostly due to the fact that we have a member that has a shop and willing to fork in his help and connections to make a great gathering. Such as a Dyno, meeting / g2g sponsor and more. We're also kicking the idea around of stretching out the meeting date (prev. planned) at least another month if it means getting and Having everyones participation.

At first I cringed at the thought of asking members all the way at the coast to come to the upstate area, but with something that could be "So Big" I figured I'll make it a statewide thing. If I didn't have these late breaking ideas and offers, I would have made it a localized (small group) meet with the originally planned date. "...Things could always Change"

SO after all that.. You may want to find Ways (Whatever that maybe) to increase that attendance... (...just like what Ray stated) :-D

sglaine 01-24-2007 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by 99Trigger3_0
Ray had a good idea there... so did Darren....

Just' to shed some light on what we have planned in the near month(s)...
Our Chapter is going to try something of the sorts of a big g2g. Mostly due to the fact that we have a member that has a shop and willing to fork in his help and connections to make a great gathering. Such as a Dyno, meeting / g2g sponsor and more. We're also kicking the idea around of stretching out the meeting date (prev. planned) at least another month if it means getting and Having everyones participation.

At first I cringed at the thought of asking members all the way at the coast to come to the upstate area, but with something that could be "So Big" I figured I'll make it a statewide thing. If I didn't have these late breaking ideas and offers, I would have made it a localized (small group) meet with the originally planned date. "...Things could always Change"

SO after all that.. You may want to find Ways (Whatever that maybe) to increase that attendance... (...just like what Ray stated) :-D

Could I ask you have come to a meet? And how often do you guys ger together?

Ronin007 01-24-2007 08:36 PM

I guess the way that I look at it is to try anything and everything. If it works, great!! If it doesn't, don't take it personally. I think it makes a difference too for those of you who have been CL's for awhile. At least you have rapport established with your members whereas those of us who have only been in place a couple of months or so don't have that. I think it took me a solid 3-4 months before people were really starting to post on the NY forum. So if they don't post, what makes you think they will come to a G2G? I think that is why the one-on-one G2G's have worked for us and we are growing from there.

Everyone's situation is different so you just have to try things until you find what works for your location and your members. It may take awhile, but we have to just try things until we find it.

BTW, it was great talking to you today Sean!!! :-X22

tewferford 02-25-2007 11:27 AM

I think people in general are just to busy in today's world. There free time is very precious and few. To pack up a family and drive for hours only to do the same in reverse, for a short couple of good time hours. Is alot to ask. This is why forums like this work so well. When you have a little free time. You can jump on here. Say hello to all your buddys and then be gone in a very short time.
I did notice that there are many people in the NY chapter that live on L.I. Which pretty much means, We are all within 1 hour from each other.
If no one minds. I think I would like to get a G2G setup for this summer on L.I.
Any input would be a great help.

Ronin007 02-25-2007 12:37 PM

Long Island G2G

Frank - feel free to start a thread in the NY forum stating your ideas for a Long Island G2G and we can work it from there. Jason and JD are both on Long Island and are pretty active in the Chapter. They would be interested in a G2G there and would be willing to help out. NY state is tough as from end to end it can be over a 7 hour drive so I know what you mean about spending all your time on the road for a couple of hours for a G2G.