Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alberta Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum79/)
-   -   Costco Tires (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/565987-costco-tires.html)

seventyseven250 01-08-2007 05:29 PM

Costco Tires

Anyone on here bought tires from Costco?
Also, if you use someone else's membership to buy the tires, will it be a hassle getting them to warranty them if you don't have that person with you?
My Mother-in-law has a membership, and I don't. But I need two sets of tires in the next six months.

Thoughts?

dwoodler 02-04-2007 12:16 PM

My father-in-law bought new tires for his neon a couple years ago. One of them started to seperate after 8,000kms. He took it in and they replaced it with out any hassle. If you get your mother-in-law to go in with you the day you buy a membership it will only cost you $38.00 (here in Edmonton anyways).

I haven't priced out the BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A's there yet but they do sell them.

Woodler

western star 02-14-2007 10:49 AM

My sister has a membership so I looked at Costco but I found unless you are willing to buy whatever "deal" tire they are pushing at the time their price is not much better than a tire shop. Plus; I'm told; their tires are factory seconds or thirds not first run like you get at reputable tire shops.:-fire

Fordman_Evs 02-24-2007 12:59 AM

I was looking at Cosco tires as well. My Mother put and set of Michelin A/S on her car (2003 Cavalier) year and half ago and they are great. Was a $109 a corner fully installed.

bigrigfixer 02-28-2007 01:03 PM

I used to work at a Costco tire center, and from my experience, as long as you have the tires with the original sales and installation order, they will honour the warranty dependent on the warranty period. Michelins were 6 years unlimited mileage for car tires, truck tires were 4 years I think. Yokohamas and Bridgestones were mileage based. Kirklands were crap, but that's beside the point. Anyway, you don't need to be a member to take advantage of the free lifetime balance and rotation, or flat repairs. Just bring in the original receipt, they'll take the membership number off of that.

Musicman250 03-22-2007 08:29 PM

They have 'free' accidental damage in the price, we had 4 new tires from Costco on our minivan, and with 5 days, my wife hit a kurb and tore the side walls on two of them. Costco replaced then both for new at no charge. :)

Blackstock 03-25-2007 12:43 AM

Depending on the size we have lots of brand new take offs from the trucks we build. I think we sell 4 BFG 18 Long trails for $600. The new 20" Pirellis on new Ford alloys are $1,400. Just thought I'd mention it

seventyseven250 04-16-2007 09:04 AM

Just thought I'd give an update. I bought myself the membership to avoid any possible warranty hassles in the future. I also bought myself a brand hew set of steel 16x6" wheels.

Ordered the tires from Costco, they came in less than a week later. Went up there on a friday evening to get them installed and I was informed that they were booked up for the night. They also don't take appointments, so i couldn't pre-book. Apparently you have to be there to get your name on the list.

So sunday morning at 9:50 AM, I was lined up outside Costco, hoping to get in first. After the initial stampede, I was ninth in line, and the estimated wait was 2.5 hours. I called the wife to pick me up.

Long story short, the tires are on, and they look good. I haven't yet checked the air pressure to see how much nitrogen they put in, but the toe of my boot tells me they are plenty hard. In the next couple days I'll be checking the torque of the lug nuts as well.

Would I do it again? Probably, but not being able to get an appointment was a hassle.

Mil1ion 04-16-2007 02:02 PM

Next time go to my friend Mike at Togo Tire on Center street south near the Glenmore Keg