Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   Farm Show, anyone? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/564584-farm-show-anyone.html)

Ferguson65 01-04-2007 07:01 PM

Farm Show, anyone?

Just curious to see if anyone else on here is heading out to the Farm Show this weekend. I'm heading out early on Saturday to get through and then watch the rodeo. So anybody else going or am I just a lone redneck here?

drbond 01-05-2007 07:30 AM

I was planning on going this weekend, but since the weather is going to be so nice, will be doing some logging instead. Was hoping the "farm show" snow storm would happen, but doesn't look like it at all!
Good luck and have fun, miss the farm show, great time and great show!

Bondo©

Ferguson65 01-05-2007 08:56 PM

Yeah, I was hoping it would be cold too. That way I don't miss anything outside. But, around here it's just flat out too wet to work outside anyway.

03scf250 01-05-2007 09:47 PM

I ran out wednesday night with 5 cows, might go back out on saturday to visit wife and stepkids ( they get to stay til tuesday night ). Other than that you're not the only redneck on this site. If you go have fun.

2003 F 250 Supercab 4X4
5.4 auto 3.73

soondg 01-05-2007 10:41 PM

I haven't been anywhere near the farm show since I was a teen back in the sixties and I went to an agricultural high school in Philly. City boy with cows and chickens, shoulda seen what we grew between the corn stalks. This was in 67.

Ferguson65 01-07-2007 11:15 AM

I can take a good guess as to what you were growing between the rows! We went out there and had a good time. I feel that the tractor selection there was low this year, usually they have lots of large equipment with the newest technoloy out to impress people, but there wasn't anything on a large scale there this year(except 1 new holland forage harvester+ 1 sprayer). Heck, Massey Ferguson was not represented, Agco corporation was, but poorly(1 unit), and I felt John Deere was also poorly represented. Case had some equipment, but not much. Zero combines this year. Seems to me like the show has taken a turn toward horse people instead of actual farmers. Trailers were very well represented, and while most were horse trailers, there were some utility/ equipment trailers for me to drool over and wish I could afford!

drbond 01-08-2007 09:05 AM

They still do !!!!!!!

Fords&Farmalls 01-09-2007 08:44 AM

yeah I went out to the farm show on Sunday and I agree about the equipment selections. They absolutely catered heavily to the horse owners. I really liked the antique tractors they had ( Though I am a Farmall fan to the core, the Olivers were beautiful). But the Harrisburg farm show isn't really for the farmers anymore. Its more so people who dont live on farms can look and see the animals, and see what else is happening in agriculture today. Now the farm show in York, PA (comming up shortly) and Ag Progress days during august are actual "Farm" shows for farmers. And dont worry, you aint gonna be the only redneck at the farmshow either! I went :-D
Garrett

Farmall 400

Ferguson65 01-09-2007 04:52 PM

How about that doubled farmall C Garrett? I found it to be pretty slick, not something I would do, but it sure turned some heads. The restored Olivers and Deeres were very nice. I just miss seeing the big stuff they used to have.

On another note, join us in the PA chapter, soondg will add you on if you PM him, or he may have already asked. Other than that have some fun in here, I'm always up for talking tractors, but I have the other red one (see sig.). I'm only about 35-40 mins south of you, i'm in Green Lane.