Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Pennsylvania Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum182/)
-   -   Hunters, Fishermen, and Sportsmen alike (ladies too) (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/564312-hunters-fishermen-and-sportsmen-alike-ladies-too.html)

kilog55 01-03-2007 10:41 PM

Hunters, Fishermen, and Sportsmen alike (ladies too)

just looking to start the post count a bit and get to know what ya'll like to do in the outdoors besides muddin'

me i love to camp fish hunt (gander mt.??) lol anyways i plan on getting into trapping this year as well but not till end of year since the season now ends Feb. 17

Ferguson65 01-04-2007 06:57 PM

I've gotten into camping over the past 2 years. My grandparents had a pop-up camper and always said that it was there if anyone wanted to use it, so my girlfriend and I gave it a chance and we've been hooked ever since. Got out once in 05 and 4 times in 06, and already planning for 07. Hoping to get out more than last year, we have both been really busy, and it's tough to find the time sometimes. What's odd is that we never see any other young couples in the campgrounds, granted that doesn't bother me, but I think there's alot that they are misssing out on. We do try to take friends on occasion to try and promote the hobby.

I have hunted in the past, but never got my liscence this year. I love going to 3-D archery shoots, but didn't really drag the bow out any other time this year.

Also enjoy taking the motorcycle out, but everything took a hit this year, as my grandfather hasn't been in the best shape and i try to see him once a week, because, well, he really means a lot to me. Now I have some more time to do things since my grandparents head to Florida every winter.

Oh yeah, playing with Jeeps and tractors also!

79modified 01-07-2007 08:34 AM

I love fishing and camping, and almost anything else you can do outside. I used to hunt but I havent in a few years. :-X25

j&bsuv 01-07-2007 08:45 AM

Fishing /camping I dont hunt much I hate thast wild taste BUT if they open a season on cows I will be first in line !! beef is my friend!

Jeff

NumberDummy 01-07-2007 08:51 AM

Venison is good...Moose is better.

Spend as much time with your granddad as you can.

Ferguson65 01-07-2007 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by j&bsuv
Fishing /camping I dont hunt much I hate thast wild taste BUT if they open a season on cows I will be first in line !! beef is my friend!

Jeff

I'll second that. I like hunting but don't really care for venison. I only go out looking for racks when I do go, and any meat would likely be donated through Hunters Sharing The Harvest.

drbond 01-08-2007 09:09 AM

Camp, fish, and 50 / 100 mile one day endurance racing with the horses. Oh, did I mention horse back riding too. Used to do mounted security for NASCAR at Pocono, but have not last 2 years.
Hay farming for the horses, and my FORD's !

"If you ever meet someone that know's it all, you just met a fool" <--favorite qoute

Bondo©

kilog55 01-08-2007 10:46 PM

it's all in how it is cooked.

i make alot of jerky and keilbasa, summer sausage etc. so i dont really eat just plain venison cept the backstraps

soondg 01-09-2007 01:03 AM

For those members that like to camp contact 79 Modified ( Ben ) his family has a campground up near Bloomsburg. I'm sure he would be more than willing to fill you in about it.

gui88ford 01-09-2007 09:11 PM

well,

I do tons of stuff:

hunting, fishing (mostly fly fishing), 4-wheeler, Motorcycles (My 2002 Harley V-Rod), snowmobiles, Archery, target shooting, trap shooting, Basketball, Weight Training, Camping, Back packign, Mountain biking, Golfing, and on and on and on with my endless hobbies

BallsoutTrac 01-18-2007 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by soondg
For those members that like to camp contact 79 Modified ( Ben ) his family has a campground up near Bloomsburg. I'm sure he would be more than willing to fill you in about it.

Anybody know any good 4 wheelin trails up near there? If there was sounds like it could be a fun weekend.

gui88ford 01-18-2007 08:35 AM

i know where their are ton's of trails for a 4 wheeler....no trucks....in Ashland, pa....23,000 acres to ride on....i go there often....great time

BallsoutTrac 01-18-2007 08:38 AM

Unfortunatly I dont have one of those

gui88ford 01-18-2007 08:55 AM

sorry man...i have a Polaris 700 Sportsman....it's a BLAST there....more fun than you can handle...

BallsoutTrac 01-18-2007 10:49 AM

Yeah I believe it plus you dont have to worry about being stranded cause you broke your Truck. You'll only have to tow home the 4 wheeler which you would have had to do anyway.