Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum181/)
-   -   Nevada smog question (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/547003-nevada-smog-question.html)

dgassett 11-14-2006 10:36 AM

Nevada smog question

Hey Guys and Gals,

I have a question about nevada emissions testing. I have a 72 f-100. Before I bought it they changed the engine to a 351W. Am I going to have Issues with not having the OG engine? I didn't see any smog equipment on the truck neither. Is that going to be an issue? I am kinda worried to take smog test but have to. There is no visible smoke after it warms up, just worried. I know it needs timed, just have to wait till I ca get to storage and some of my tools.

I hope my questions were not too vague? What would I do without a forum like this? :-lamesign

Thanks in advance.

Dennis

olfordsnstone 11-14-2006 02:08 PM

I'm just across the border to California so I don't have to deal with Nevada Smog laws. For us here though, only trucks from 75 and up need to be smog checked. I have a 74 and am not required to smog it. Hopefully, that is the case with you as well. I would call the local Nevada DMV and ask if this applies to you.

andym 11-14-2006 02:14 PM

In Nevada, vehicles 68 and newer get smogged. If it were me, I wouldn't say anything about the motor swap - how are they going to know? The people who do emissions testing aren't experts at identifying engines. The emissions levels for older vehicles are pretty lax, too. Just take it in and see if it passes.

dgassett 11-14-2006 03:45 PM

Damn, California more relaxed on something? That alone is worth the post. I guess I will give it a try, Whats the worst that can happen?

For those of us in Vegas, Do you guys recommend anyone to take it to for my timing anbd possible carb adjustments? Like I said, I would give it a shot, but my tools are in storage. Besides it might be worth paying someone. Once on the freeway, I can swallow some gas!

hey Guys thanks for the quick response.

Dennis

Go Chargers!!!

davethecow 11-18-2006 05:41 PM

I want to specify to you who dont know,only two counties in nevada have smog laws.clark and washoe.the rest of the state is home free.

to bad for those members that live in those counties :-missingt :-X14 .

and as far as telling you the regs...i dont know i live in churchill.

dgassett 11-20-2006 09:34 AM

Damn las Vegas, No Smoking, no brothels, and no smog free registration!! Why did I move back?

05XLT 12-03-2006 06:39 PM

Because it's a big city with lots of light???

LOL:-D

kermmydog 12-04-2006 06:15 PM

Nevada is really EASTERN CALIFORNIA. Just not up to date yet. I've lived in this state my whole life and I can't wait to move to Arizona. I'll pay income tax and alittle higher sales tax. Doing business in Arizona is a piece of cake compared to Nevada. Did you know if you register an older truck like my 86 F250 4x4 it is $35 for TWO YEARS. Yes, $17/ yr. and you get drivers licenses that are good until your 65 years old. If you have say 6 months left on your license plates and you sell your truck, the state refunds you those 6 mo. by sending you a check. I have been living in Arizona most winter months and after my wife finishes her student teaching here in Northern Nevada I hope to be moving back for good. CALIFORNIA YOU CAN HAVE NEVADA.

05XLT 12-04-2006 10:46 PM

We worked to hard to get our own chapter, and now that we have it, we're keeping it...LOL. Although, all that sounds really good!