Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Electrical Systems/Wiring (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum62/)
-   -   1975 F250 wiring diagram help (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/544290-1975-f250-wiring-diagram-help.html)

CR055 11-07-2006 09:56 AM

1975 F250 wiring diagram help

I have tried many searches in google and can not track down a wiring diagram for my 75 f250. Does anyone know where I could view/print one from online? I guess if I have to I will order one but I would rather not if at all possible. Thanks for the help guys!

Mil1ion 11-07-2006 05:38 PM

Exactly what area of the wiring are you looking for ?

autozone has some diagrams on-line 76-86

Mil1ion 11-07-2006 07:13 PM

Double post. Please remove Eric

CR055 11-07-2006 08:33 PM

I checked autozone's website and put in my truck info and it said that it didn't have any repair guides for me. I am trying to figure out why my guages aren't working. The turn signals work on the instrument panel but none of the guages. If it is a blown fuse or a cut wire, then I can use the diagram to track it down.

Dealford 11-07-2006 09:01 PM

Maybe...

I'm just throwing in a guess here.....the instrument panel voltage regulator??????
Hang in there, the real experts will be by soon.
AL. :-wink

Franklin2 11-07-2006 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Dealford
I'm just throwing in a guess here.....the instrument panel voltage regulator??????
Hang in there, the real experts will be by soon.
AL. :-wink

That sounds like it might be the problem. Anyway, it's a good place to start.

Take the instrument cluster out, and you should see a small metal box bolted to the circuit board. This is the regulator AL was talking about. It takes 12 volts and turns it on and off so it averages about 5-6 volts to the gauges. This makes the gauge read consistent when the voltage of the truck goes up and down.

I would take a meter and read the pins on the reg. You shoudl have 12 volts on one side, and a flashing voltage on the other.

CR055 11-08-2006 08:02 AM

thanks, I'll try that and let you know if that was it!

CR055 11-11-2006 01:16 PM

I pulled out the circuit board to test the regulator and both were broken. I got a new circuit board and regulator, installed them and it is working now. When I turn on the lights the right blinker dash light lights up but still blinks if I turn on the right blinker. A minor problem that is much easier to live with when the gauges work. Thanks guys!!!

Franklin2 11-11-2006 07:16 PM

Your blinker problem is probably a bad connection in the front right light socket out at the grill area. Power for the right marker light is going out to the bulb, but instead of going to ground, it is going through the turn filament and going backwards back up to the dash indicator in the cluster, making it glow.

You can take the bulb out and clean it and the socket, and most of the time this will fix it.