Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   Just traded my excursion (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/542217-just-traded-my-excursion.html)

walleye 10-31-2006 05:48 PM

Just traded my excursion

Well I had a tear in my eye when I gave up my 2nd and last Excursion
yesterday.
I know this 07 Expedition EL will never take its place but its starting to grow on me even after only 800 miles.
This thing is so quiet and smooth. The seats look cheap but they are more comfortable than my excursion by far.
The turning radius is really tight and the white sand is a beautiful color.
I'm still turning the key on waiting for the glow plugs to cycle, after having 2 diesels.
Having such a comfortable ride really makes me feel old.

Shad's EX 11-01-2006 02:19 PM

Saw one at a nearby town, looks nice!!! However I think I am going to have my EX for a long time. The resale on the v10's are terrible!!

AD1995 11-07-2006 04:46 PM

How many sheets of plywood can you haul in it. I had 40 sheets in my Excursion and it didn't even phase it. I love the Heavy duty suspsion. I do like the look though. Hopelfully they want kill it.

ppo2 11-07-2006 07:05 PM

Before my current 02 EX Limited V10, I owned a 99 Expedition. One summer, six of us decided to drive down to Florida for a diving trip. Had the third seat up and stowed whatever we could in the limited room in the back. Most of the dive gear was stowed on the roof rack.

We never noticed until we got to Florida that our entire gear stowed on the roof rack was lost due to either poor stowing/locking or just stolen during an evening stop for dinner. Now with the Excursion and all the luggage room in the back, we never worry about running out of spare room. Plus I like the Captains chairs too especially on long trips when taking turns driving.

I love both trucks...just different applications.

Drive Safe,

Dan

MarkMoore 11-08-2006 10:19 AM

:eek: I don't think I could ever go back to a "regular" size truck. How do fit in to those things? :-X15 How will you ever be able to walk tall again?

Just kidding - at least you bought another Ford :-X22 - I'm sure you'll have many happy miles.

Toreador_Diesel 11-08-2006 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by MarkMoore
:eek: I don't think I could ever go back to a "regular" size truck. How do fit in to those things? :-X15 How will you ever be able to walk tall again?

Just kidding - at least you bought another Ford :-X22 - I'm sure you'll have many happy miles.

I couldn't let mine go either, much less go back to something smaller. If somehow my X totalled or somehow destroyed, I'll shed a tear, lay it to rest, and go buy another one.

BTW. walleye you're no longer welcome in the Excursion forum....j/k :-D enjoy your new Expy, may it serve you well. :-X22

Shad's EX 11-08-2006 02:32 PM

Us excursion owners would not be looking at this if we were not courious right?

walleye 11-08-2006 04:43 PM

I'm not afraid to admit it , I miss my X and my kids raz me about it .
You can never replace an X but I'm the type of person who likes to trade every 3 years or so for something new.
Just turned 1800 miles and getting 18-19 mpg which isn't bad but all my driving is 65 mph.This weekend I will pull a 7000lb trailer so I will post on how it does.

Mud Doc 11-09-2006 12:05 AM

"We never noticed until we got to Florida that our entire gear stowed on the roof rack was lost due to either poor stowing/locking or just stolen during an evening stop for dinner."

There wouldn't have been some adult beverages involved, would there?

walleye 11-09-2006 10:24 AM

AD1995
I don't know how many sheets of plywood would fit in the back I'm guessing about 30-40 but I'ts nice not to take the 3rd seat out to do it.
With the air ride I would hope it would'nt sag too bad.

kimminau2 11-13-2006 07:42 PM

I just got a 2007 Expedition EL, not alot less room than my X. However I could not bear to give up the X, It will just get to sit a bit between uses. But the ride of the Expedition is excellent. I only get to drive it when my wife and I are going somewhere together, but when I get to drive it, I really like it. Nice change of pace from the 250 or X.

MarkMoore 11-14-2006 08:00 AM

I saw the first commerical for the Expy EL - looked nice. Would be real nice if they offered it in a v10 or diesel - with the 5.4 and 2x4, max trailering is 9k... not too bad.

BlueOval5.0 11-14-2006 09:28 AM

I wish the 6.2L Boss motor was available. I am thinking the 5.4L isn't enough for an EL 4x4 model.

04F150SC 11-26-2006 12:05 PM

I really couldn't let mine go (even thought those Expeditions are nice).