Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Sunday - Sunday - Sunday (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/540220-sunday-sunday-sunday.html)

BPofMD 10-25-2006 05:21 PM

Sunday - Sunday - Sunday

Who's coming to our first meeting on Sunday October 29??? Give Tractor Boy a PM to let him know (if you haven't already haven't done so) so he can make sure you have seating!!!

Aerodude 10-26-2006 07:58 PM

I won't be making it. maybe next time.

BPofMD 10-29-2006 06:11 PM

Well, just talked to Tractor Boy on the phone to see how the GTG went this AM and
-WOW - NO ONE SHOWED UP!! IF anyone else would like to start a Maryland Chapter, my advise to you is to have a lot more patience than me and T-B. Everyone wants to start a chapter, but no one wants to attend one lousy meeting to get it going.

If anyone has any ideas, step forward. You may be the NEW Maryland Chapter Leader!

Me? I really don't know....Right now I am too discourged to give it much thought. Drop me an email or answer right here.....Does anyone really WANT to start a Chapter here in Maryland?

Aerodude 10-29-2006 06:20 PM

I responded that I would not be there, I had a prior commitment and even suggested Nov for a meeting time. I was Vice Pres of theMaryland Chapter of Dodge Truck World and can tell you you can't make people wanna join and gtg. I know it sucks but this is an internet club nothing more nothing less. To make into something more you will be banging you head into a wall. Trust me .
I f you need anything from me or wanna just chat drop me a line,I'll be glad to help.

Ronin007 10-29-2006 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Aerodude
this is an internet club nothing more nothing less.

Not true. The FTE Chapters can be anything you make it. If you only want it to be an internet club than that is what it will be. If you want it to be something more you have to be patient and allow it to grow. I have never seen any club grow from a couple of people to over 100 people meeting in person over-night.

Tractor Boy and BPofMD don't get discourged. It will take time and you both have to be patient or you will be banging your head as Aerodude mentioned. Check out the Chapter Leader forum and you will see that there are CL's that are having varying levels of success, but some are having great success with G2G's. The common thread being that it took time. So be patient with it and good luck. :-D

dk5122 10-31-2006 06:47 AM

I think you could get more of a response if we can come up with more of a central location. Looks like Aerodude and myself live close to each other. Maybe we could all agree to a different location. There isn't alot of stuff going on this time of the year. I can only speak for myself here. It just seems like everytime you guys want to have a meeting I already have something planned. I think if there was something like a nice car show, car racing, mud boggs... We could probably get alot more people together. Lets not give up. I think its just a bad time of the year.

Ronin007 10-31-2006 11:57 AM

Dan, I think you got the right idea. In the NY Chapter we have tried a number of different things for G2G's with varying degrees of sucess. I think a lot of the chapters run into the same issues of people spread out in their state so even a central location does not always work. We have tried regional G2G locations throughout the state again with varying degrees of sucess. We have even resorted to one-on-one meets where two members from the same area got together just so that they could put a face to a name. And no matter what you do, no date is going to work for everyone regardless of the time of year.

The big key is as you stated, "let's not give up". I keep plugging away even though at times I feel I am the only one. Then I get a surprise when something comes together and normally it from the actions of another member which is even better yet. So hang in there guys and gals and good luck to you!!!! :-X22

soondg 10-31-2006 12:04 PM

Sometimes no one shows, some times they do. Just as long as you are there and maybe get to meet one other member your successful. It takes time for people to warm up to the idea of meeting off line and some people really don't have the off line time to GTG. As the chapter grows and people get to know each other the GTG's will happen. If your members are involved in other things that are truck or car related and they go to shows or whatever, go to them and introduce yourself. Impatience will not endear your members to you or the chapter. Remember this is the members forum and you chose to take a leadership role to help the chapter grow, you are but a servant of the chapter. Just keep plugging away :-X22

Ronin007 10-31-2006 12:10 PM

Well said Joe. And what are you following me around the chapter forums?!? Everywhere I post you are right after me. What, are you stalking me??? :-missingt

dk5122 10-31-2006 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ronin007
Well said Joe. And what are you following me around the chapter forums?!? Everywhere I post you are right after me. What, are you stalking me??? :-missingt

Scary huh? :-X16 You guys hit the nail on the head. Stay positive it will all work out in the end. I have been going to different events. I have posted but no one replies. Thats ok... I'll keep posting if I'm going to a car or truck thing. One of these times I'll meet some of you guys. Last two I went to were in PA. I can't expect some of these guys to drive to PA... but, atleast I posted. Some of the guys here are in AA county. That is a good hour south of me. I just can't do a Sunday breakfast that far down the road. I'm a single father... and I raise my boys. They live with me full time. So, with that said, I'm sure you guys understand that I don't have alot of spare time. Any good events come up. Please post them. I'm sure we'll hook up sometime in the future.

Ronin007 10-31-2006 07:14 PM

Dan, you got the right idea. Keep posting things up and sooner or later people will show up. That is what we have done in the NY Chapter.

And as far as Joe, he is sulking now (see Happy Halloween thread in the NY Chapter). Jason and I are going to have to go to the PA Chapter to cheer him up. You can join in on the fun as I think the "missing link" (you know what I mean) is kicking in!! :-D

joeypurcell 11-01-2006 03:30 PM

I was very active in TTORA for years when I owned a Toyota and FSC when I owned multiple GM's. Chapters are a great place for people who share mutual interests to gather and shoot the breeze. This part of 06 however for me personally is hard to commit to anything outside of normal duties, I travel 25% of the year all over the world for the Navy, and now we have our first kid on the way in December, so things are so insane for me right now, I am sure there are others in the same boat. Like I said in some previous emails, I will try my best to be free for gatherings when I can. I do not want to see us drop the chapter though by any means.

Tractor Boy 11-02-2006 11:27 AM

wait a minute...........................................w here did I ever get discouraged........anyway, next meet....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............ummmm........ ........well, lemme c when I am available...........stupid IRAQ!!!!!!!! gotta prep for goin over there, stupid truck givin me fits and werk keeps sendin me out of state 2 pick up vehicles, what a mess, Nov. 17-19 OUT, I have an idea, how bout everyone pm me with when u r available, and where u wanna meet and I'll try 2 make it werk for as many people as I can, sound good 2 yall??????????????????????????????????

fire240 11-10-2006 06:22 PM

sorry i did not know about the meeting my network router died and with the way my schedule has been i just replaced it today