Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2007 - 2014 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum174/)
-   -   New to Forums - Just bought '07 Expedition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/538121-new-to-forums-just-bought-07-expedition.html)

Radcad 10-19-2006 01:46 AM

New to Forums - Just bought '07 Expedition

Hi everyone! I joined this site because I've had such a good/helpful experience at the Thunderbird Nest (I also own 2003 Thunderbird). Just traded in my '02 Sport Trac, which I liked a lot. However, just got my Expedition on 10/13. It's an Eddie Bauer EL, gold on white. Have nav. system and dvd. This is a beautiful truck inside and outside, and I was simply blown away by the handling with the new indepedent rear suspension.

I've only put 500 miles on it thus far (although that's 100 miles per day by my count - I guess I've been a bit too overzealous about running errands the last few days). I often refer to the posts for information, a lot more than I actually take the time to post comments. However, I do have pics of my new Expedition which I took today. If I get the time to figure out how to post them (should be at least until this weekend) I'll do so.

Feel free to PM me or post with any questions or specific picture requests (of the vehicle, that is). :rolleyes: I know the stock photos can be a bit frustrating.

Anyway, hello to everyone!

rro 10-19-2006 08:40 AM

Long wait for new Expedition

Congrats on getting your new Expedition. I have had a 2007 Limited on order since mid May. I can not seem to get any projection on when it may be delivered. If you don't mind my asking, when did you order your vehicle and where?

Radcad 10-19-2006 11:26 AM

I actually bought mine off the lot. They had 3 Eddie Bauer EL models, but they did not have a single Limited model. I got mine at Vista Ford in Oxnard, CA.

Before I bought mine I searched the Ford site for dealer inventory, and I noticed that none of the other dealers within a 50 mile radius had the Limited (although I was looking for and prefer the Eddie Bauer). However, when I brought my T-Bird into the dealer for service yesterday, I noticed a Limited EL in the customer parking area - no window sticker on it, so it must have been sold already. I hope this means you'll get yours soon!

Let us know when you pick yours up!

ExpyBob 10-21-2006 09:53 AM

RRO

Someone is pulling your leg.

I ordered my 2007 EL Limited 15 Aug, received it on 9 Oct, and the dealer helped me track it the entire way through the system. Even gave me the VIN before it was built.

Bob

rro 10-21-2006 10:06 AM

My dealer claims to have tried multiple times to get delivery status from Ford and gets no projected date. I started independently talking to Ford Customer Service people and have gone through two layers unsuccessfully. Pleasant people but no help. I have been referred to a third layer and promised a call back by Monday. I can't believe that it should be this difficult.
If anyone has a suggestion, I am all ears.

Radcad 10-21-2006 05:35 PM

Pictures!

FYI, I just posted the pics of my Expedition.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/user_gal...?albumid=25168

ExpyBob 10-21-2006 06:58 PM

Like I said, I'm driving mine. The tires had to be rebalanced because I had vibration at 82MPH. I know thats fast but that's what the highway does on my commute.

Front right 1oz, front left 3/4 ounce, Right rear 2 oz, left rear perfect.

It seems to have a problem finding first gear when rolling to a stop and not starting from scratch.

There are other people that are complaining of the same thing on Blue Oval. Com.

My dealer noticed the problem during prep but gave it to me anyway.

Hmmmm.

Bob

JRHEXP 10-22-2006 04:11 PM

Ordered one too.

:) Hi all, I just ordered an 07 also.Ford finally made something that I could get as excited about as I was about my 97 that I ordered in September of 96 and had to wait till December for. Couldn't find one that was not loaded. I ordered a Limited, 4X2, White Sand Tri-Coat Metalic, 20" Wheels,HD Trailer Tow, Convience Pkg.They said 6 weeks, is that pretty standard?
29 A Model Tudor
74 Bronco ( A work in Progress)
97 Eddie Bauer Expedition-Just Sold to make way for 07 Expy