Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   Need a van (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/535827-need-a-van.html)

maples01 10-11-2006 05:37 PM

Need a van

Boy, selling the F-150 is prooving near impossible, no one even comes out to look, all the money invested, parts replaced, it's near new. I've lastly listed it to trade for a van, if it's in equal condition, wonder my odds on this deal, need not be Ford either. I'm guessing a trade would be easier on people, you guys have no idea the difficulty I've encountered. I sold my father in law the deep toolbox, no one interested in the lightbar that was in the bed, guess it'll get cutup. Pulled the heater box, replaced the heater core and fan motor, motor was good, but better to upgrade rather than have it fail later. Talk about making a perfect buy, this is it, wife is currently using it for her daily driver.
We went to a van meet last weekend, planning on building one to sleep in, mine can't be setup that was due to handicap conversion. Sleeping in a popup sux, just not for me, but had a great time anyway.

bf250 10-11-2006 10:54 PM

looking for a van to buy? or?

just asking cause here in cleveland there is a chevy van tha has been for sale for about maybe 6 weeks, i didn't look and see if its still there this week or not.

it is a chevy and not like a cargo van, but the kind people take on trips or something like that.

i am not sure of year because i don't know vans at all, maybe early 90's.

maples01 10-11-2006 11:06 PM

I've had the truck up for sale last year for $2500, this year we've replaced the bedside, put on Bushwacker cut out flares, new center link, radius arm bushings, door window chanels & seals, replaced the heater core and fan motor raised the price to $2800 for it as a daily driver, nothing. I'm looking to see the odds of an even trade for a van that can fill my need. Is no one looking for an older 4x4 truck anymore? I'd likely take $2500 if I could get a serious looker.

Have any of you tried to sell one of your vehicles, I'm not getting nowhere near what is invested in this truck.

bf250 10-11-2006 11:37 PM

i havn't had to sell a vehical, thank goodness. my last car selling experience was years ago and a miserable at that.

tried to sell a 1972 mach 1 mustang with a new engine, rebuilt trans and other things.
couldn't find anyone to buy, finally did, but for way less than i wanted for it.

but i had a thousand fone calls and a bunch of idiots come look at it.

for now on, i either find someone to buy through a freind or work companion, trade it in, or just keep it until someone wants it. no more "trying" to sell for me.

maples01 10-12-2006 02:12 PM

Yeah, drives me nuts, this thing was a nightmare, bottom end was gone, guy did something to the oil to dampen the rattle, I got took bad. Wife and I built it up, took a year due to working as the money was available, this year, a day before the F-100 Nationals, was hit in the ass end, tore up the bedside. The bedside was rusty, so I took the ins money, bought a new bedside, with family's help, replaced it, then bought Bushwacker cut out flares, door and window gaskets, steering centerlink, heater core and fan motor. Pretty much replacing and upgrading everything that was worn or not working, the flares, took care of fender rust on the other bedside, this thing is a beast now, I just need a van to make life easier.

Greywolf 10-12-2006 08:26 PM

I do most of what I do by talking to my local buds and finding out what is out there to trade. I currently have an '04 Mustang efi 302 coming to me from across the street and am looking at several 460 engines. I work it thataway...

Generally I wait and listen until something I hear turns a lightbulb on upstairs - and then figure a deal from there. So far I've come out cash ahead almost every dang time!

Except over those stupid dirt bikes...