Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Maryland Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum186/)
-   -   Welcome (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/535135-welcome.html)

BigF350 10-09-2006 03:15 PM

Welcome

Well Guys/gals,

Here is your playground... run amuk!!! :)

Just kidding - enjoy.

BPofMD 10-09-2006 03:21 PM

Thanks BigF350

We'll try to live up to better the standards of FTE. We've been trying to get this started for some time now.....thanks again!

F2504x4 10-09-2006 03:58 PM

Congrats guy's :-X03 time to party eastern stlye :-bigparty

Any ways let either Big or Me know if you all need anything :-X22

joeypurcell 10-09-2006 10:40 PM

Thanks, now time to start bringing in new members. How many we have?

jetdoc 10-10-2006 07:00 AM

Five I think....Good to see it finally happened!

BPofMD 10-10-2006 08:38 PM

I've got app's for 2 more here now and gotta send out another app. tonight.....if I can keep eyes open long enough!

Ronin007 10-17-2006 07:16 PM

Congratulations!!

Congratulations on the new chapter!! :-X03 Have fun with it and let us (the NY Chapter) know if you need help with anything. I see Jason (jasonschwenk) has already made his way over here and is stirring things up with the Giants. :-D Maybe down the road the Mid-Atlantic chapters could have a G2G so we could all meet each other. I will stop in from time to time and all of you feel free to do the same in the NY Chapter!! :-wink

BPofMD 10-17-2006 08:17 PM

Thanks Ron, 'preciate the invite. As I hail from NY I've been lurking on your forum from time to time. I'm from upstate, near Albany - Hoosick Falls. Left many, many years ago, but my Mom and sister are still there, so I get that way 4-5 times a year.

A future GTG sounds great...we'll keep in in mind. I'll check in at the NY Forum sometime.

Ronin007 10-17-2006 08:52 PM

Years ago I did some training in Hoosick Falls. Nice area with some great country views. You will have to let us know when you are back visiting. May be some of us can get together with you. I think a Mid-Atlantic chapter G2G would be great to plan in the future. Right now I know we are all working on just building our chapters so good luck with yours!!!

BPofMD 10-18-2006 04:19 PM

Oops...sorry....Guess your name is Darren....

I'm going back up for the weekend following Thanksgiving. Fri - Sat- Sun and start back on Monday. That'll probably be the last trip for 2006, unless we have a very mild winter or God forbid, an emergency. My Mom is living in an Assisted Living Center in Hoosick Falls and is 96 years young!!

Where is Western NY to you? I think of that as west of Syracuse. Winter out there is really winter!! It already started this year...24 inches in Buffalo...WOW

Ronin007 10-19-2006 11:51 AM

Don't worry about the name thing. Some people call me Ron all the time due to my user name so no offense taken.

I won't be able to hook up with you that weekend after Thanksgiving due to my assistant at work will be gone then so I will be a bit busy to say the least. I guess I will have to hook up with you the next time you are up. If you would like to G2G with some of the other NY Chapter members I can post something up for you. Let me know.

That is cool about your mom and it is very possible that the place that she lives is where I did my training. Nice place if it is. I think I like Hoosick Falls as it sort of reminds me of where I live. I live in Almond, but most people know either Alfred or Hornell which are on either side of me. So I am west of Syracuse (3 hours) and south of Buffalo (2 hours) or Rochester (1 and 1/2 hours). Basically just above the PA border. I was far enough south that we were not hit with the snow, but we do get our far share here.