Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   New York Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum87/)
-   -   Interest in a Selling, Buying, Trading thread? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/532712-interest-in-a-selling-buying-trading-thread.html)

Ronin007 10-01-2006 01:22 PM

Interest in a Selling, Buying, Trading thread?

Hey everyone.

I am setting up a poll to see what interest there is in a Selling, Buying, Trading thread that could be stuck at the top of our forum. I see a lot of the other chapters have one and wanted to see if there is interest in us having one. If we do the rules would be as follows (as taken from the NJ Chapter and modified for the NY Chapter):

Guidelines to help keep things from turning into a flea market.

Please post your ads in this thread only.

Only Ford truck related items can be listed here.

You must have your P/M {private messaging} turned on and be able to recieve P/M's ....(go to user cp in the above blue bar to do this)

Please Do Not use this thread to discuss anything regarding the Items.
Use the P/M or E-mails systems to conduct discussion & commerce.

You can post that you are interested in the items and that you'll be contacting them, just please keep it short.

If you post a wanted/for item please reply back that it is sold or that you have found the wanted item.
I will from time to time clean up this thread of old postings.30/60 days.

NOTE:
You need to be a active member of the New York chapter or a active member in another state to post a wanted or for sale item.
No Exceptions
If you are not a member and/or are a new FTE member(15 days or less).
You must private message the chapter leader for permission before posting .

*** Your post or reply to any post is subject to being edited, or deleted at admin's discretion, or violation of FTE guidelines.***

Being that things have been a little slow around here I will leave the poll up for the next two weeks. So let me know if there is interest for this or not.

Thanks everyone!!

Ronin007 10-03-2006 12:30 PM

Wow!!! :eek: The poll has been up for two days and there has only been 16 views to it and only two of you have voted. Don't know what to make of that. Trying to gauge interest here gang so cast your votes!!!

dallbright 10-03-2006 01:35 PM

Hmmm

Maybe all the rules put them off...you know people don't always read before clicking away.

Dave

dcf4x4 10-03-2006 01:48 PM

I'm not even a part of the NY chapter yet but I know I have stuff to sell and I certainly can find enough soda cans to recycle to buy some stuff.

Ronin007 10-03-2006 02:05 PM

Dave - I fully understand but those are the rules set forth by FTE. They really aren't that bad and make sense when you think about it. Ford site you sell Ford items, you have to be a member to use which makes sense, and all communications regarding sales are handled off line via email or PM (saves on bandwidth and cluttering up a thread). That is really it. Yes it is a little wordy, but I took it straight from the NJ site so everyone would understand the rules going into it.

Dan - what are you waiting for?!?! Join up!!! It would be great to have you as a member. :-X22

dallbright 10-03-2006 02:46 PM

Oh, I didn't mean that the rules were a bad thing, just that a lot of reading might have persuaded then not to go with the gut vote, that's all.

Ronin007 10-03-2006 08:58 PM

Dave - no problem. Actually by you and Dan posting in the thread more people are voting so that is a good thing!!! :-X22

krewat 10-05-2006 10:13 AM

It's a capital idea!

dcf4x4 10-05-2006 10:48 AM

I'm signed, I'm signed! It's like a dream come true.

I'd like to thank Alexander Bell for his phone, Al Gore for his internet, and my mom for her Dan!

jasonschwenk 10-05-2006 11:07 AM

Is 7 votes out of 72 views enough for a majority?

Ronin007 10-05-2006 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by jasonschwenk
Is 7 votes out of 72 views enough for a majority?

I have no idea. :confused: It is scary when you look at numbers like that. I would have thought this would be a landslide. People are viewing but not voting???? :-huh

Art and Dan, you two crack me up!!! :-missingt :-X14 :-X14

GLR 10-06-2006 09:32 AM

I hope my vote counted. We have a thread like this in the VA chapter. It would help to know where items are located. When I look in the classifieds for something I have to go to users profile to find out where located, if it does'nt say in the ad. Which reminds me, I ran across a 68 F100 with an extra cab 3spd OD near Interlaken, NY anybody looking email me and I'll get info to you.

Ronin007 10-06-2006 11:55 AM

Good points GLR. Not only do you know where it is located, you can also find similar items in one thread than having to search through several threads. This thread would get cleaned up and sold or unavailable items would be removed whereas that doesn't happen with an individual item is listed for sale in a individual thread.

Ronin007 10-11-2006 12:01 PM

Well the polls will be closing on this around 2:24 this afternoon so get your votes in and be heard!!!

Thanks everyone that have voted and commented so far!!!