Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Alberta Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum79/)
-   -   importing from the USA? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/525788-importing-from-the-usa.html)

battleriver 09-09-2006 06:16 PM

importing from the USA?

hi. is there a canadian mail order company for parts for 78 f-250 or ford parts in general? where do you guys get your stuff? i don't mind ordering from US parts suppliers its just those "broker fees" that ups charge are a first class rip off. any ideas would be appreciated.

Mil1ion 09-09-2006 07:27 PM

I get my stuff from Blue Oval Truck Parts.

Tell Larry you were talking with me and he'll handle it personally.

He was super last year when I was at the FTE National Meet.

The alternative is a Local RPM automotive dealer here in the Red Deer area that is a dealer for Dennis Carpenter.

With Blue Oval ..INSIST that you have your stuff sent USPS and not a courier.

battleriver 09-11-2006 06:14 PM

thanks alot for the info.i wonder how much biz some companies lose due to these broker fees but i guess the amount of canadian customers doesn't matter.

Mil1ion 09-11-2006 06:30 PM

Some rich people don't care....while poor guys like me want it done economically but still securely.

Canada Post - USPS seem to work fine for me ...with minor fees instead of exorborant ones.

I have the Alberta DC contacts if you want them

One is in Morinville (The guy I met) the other is in St. Albert.

The one from Morinville goes to all the swap meets so sometimes he may have something with him ....but not usually.

seventyseven250 09-11-2006 06:37 PM

Dennis, how does that work with your local dennis carpenter dealer if you order stuff that is truck frieght? Do you have to pay the frieght?
I drive through red-deer pretty regularly . . .

mustange70 09-11-2006 08:02 PM

Yeah i just get it sent to the ups warehouse in sweetgrass mt and then drive accross and pick it up personally and then you just have to pay duty on the parts. (ie gst is all, and if its under 100bucks a day they usually don't care then there's a certian amount you can bring back duty free for the amount you stay in the states).

Mil1ion 09-12-2006 12:11 AM

Yes Cody,
If you live close to the border, that's great ....but for us that would burn more than the UPS charge in gasoline getting there and back home......would defeat the purpose.
;)

DC guys.
I haven't had any real conversation with them.
I would hope they do a regular order to keep freight expenses down for us though.

That's what the Mustang shop in Calgary used to do.
Take orders for a week before ordering so a regular shipment arrived every week.
This cut down on shipping costs.

battleriver 09-14-2006 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Mil1ion
Some rich people don't care....while poor guys like me want it done economically but still securely.

Canada Post - USPS seem to work fine for me ...with minor fees instead of exorborant ones.

I have the Alberta DC contacts if you want them

One is in Morinville (The guy I met) the other is in St. Albert.

The one from Morinville goes to all the swap meets so sometimes he may have something with him ....but not usually.

hi.thanks for the info! yes plz,let me know the alberta dc contacts if you could