Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   Your First Wreck... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/522624-your-first-wreck.html)

brandon_wyer 08-30-2006 03:37 PM

Your First Wreck...

I'm the guy who came up with the "First Day You Got Your License" thread, now it's time for a new thread... your first wreck. I'll lead off...

I haven't even had my license a month, probably three weeks at the most. Last Friday I was driving home, I live on a dirt road, and I look down into a field where there was some turkeys. Guess what happens? I start to go off the right side of the road, immediatly I swerve to the left. Then I slam on the brakes... on gravel. Talk about stupid. I can't control my truck, I swerve all over the road. I'm thinking about dieing. I almost flipped it down a hill. Call it luck or not, but I slammed into a tree. The only damage was a shattered passenger side door and a few minor injuries. Talk about "what if". One or two thousand dollars is all I have to pay for a new door, paint job, and a few other things. I could only imagine what would've happened if I would've flipped down that hill.

So what was your first wreck like? Or have you ever wrecked? Let's get some comments.

bigdaddyII 08-31-2006 10:25 AM

I had my license 2 weeks. I was taking my mom to the store after a high school football game, at the top of my street trying to take a left (2 lane highway) waiting for traffic to clear (football game remember) someone wanted to turn in the street but the traffic coming the other way had no opening, so I decided to back up an allow the person room to turn, so I throws my ancient Toyota in reverse and look over my shoulder and dump the clutch, I rolled about 2 feet and heard and felt a "thud". My mom said "you hit someone" and I was like, "no old woman, I hit a mailbox", so I gets out of my truck and see my woodshop teacher standing there beside his girlfriends Altima, the front of the car looks like it is permanatly attached to my pipe bumper. So we call police and all that, state trooper gets here and says "well lets stand on the bumper of your truck to bring it down so that he can back his plastic off" So I jump on the bumper of one side and the trooper is about to climb up when the teacher starts the car in gear, and proceeds to pin the trooper between the two vehicles. I ended up with a ticket for improper backing and he ended up with a ticket for unsafe equipment (neutral safe switch disconnected) and his girlfriend ends up with a citation for disturbing the peace cause she came over there starting a bunch of chit.

thorseshoeing 08-31-2006 04:23 PM

Not my first, but the funniest one I ever had was when I ran into my brothers Chevy Blazer. We were getting ready to leave my house and he was parked behind me, I wasn't paying attention and backed into his Blazer. My brother only had the Blazer for about a month(I'd only had my truck for a few months), and he has a real bad temper. He backed up about a few feet then put it into drive and floored it, he ran into my bumper and just kept the pedal to the floor. He couldn't push my F-250 much, but his tires sure were smoking. After a few minutes we both had a good laugh about it.

My brother's Blazer is an 02, and my F-250 is an 05. What we did may sound crazy to alot of people....but we don't pride ourselves on having dent-free vehicles.:-X03
Tim:-wink

thorseshoeing 08-31-2006 04:48 PM

Another good "wreck" I was in happened a few weeks ago. I was going down a four lane Hwy, traffic was backed up in the right lane and I was in the left lane doing about 40 mph. All of a sudden a guy in a little Nissan truck decides to change lanes, he didn't see me right next to him and his rear bumper hit my front bumper. He got out of his truck, came to my window and said "What the hell are you thinking, didn't you see me." I then got out of my truck, got in his face (I was about 3-4" taller than him and out-weighed him by 50 lbs.) and said (I can't say what I said verbatim...I'd get kicked off this site if I did.)"What the **** do you mean, did I see you. You ran into me, you sorry......" He then asked me how bad it hurt my truck.(He was starting to look a little scared by now.) I said, "It didn't hurt mine much and I don't really give a **** what it did to yours, but if you call the police it'll be your fault and you will pay out the *** to fix both of our trucks, so I suggest you get back in your truck and go on home." He did, and we all lived happily ever after.:)

Tim:-wink

sifon187 08-31-2006 06:56 PM

I had to wrecks in my Saturn. First one was in the parking lot of the PX (store for you civilians :-wink ). I was backing out of a spot and didnt look and a guy in a f150 was backing out and didnt look. we met in the middle with our bumpers. We got out and checked the damage...mine, large dent in bumper and bent in trunk lid. His, a small ding in the bumper. :-X15 Next one was at a light in Savannah Ga. It was red and I was turning right. Looked clear so I began to pull out. I guess the other side of the intersection turned green and a girl in a 240zx begin the merge into the lane. All I remeber was someone screaming watch out and a 240zx cliping my front bumper. I drove that car for a year with a pushed in rear end and a broken front bumper with a headlight just chillin in place. :-lamesign .
I hope I am past my crash years, the f250 cost alot more then the Saturn did.

jake00 08-31-2006 08:18 PM

I got hit by a day care bus in a snowstorm :)

FordPickup460 09-05-2006 01:05 AM

I've had my license for almost 4 years now, and I've been in a couple wrecks, but it was somebody rear ending me because they were'nt paying attention. One was in my green 77 F150, and all I got was a little red dab on my rear step bumper from a Pontiac Gran Prix, the other I was in my 76 Highboy and a Geo Storm hit my trailer hitch, and did'nt leave a mark. I love getting rear ended in the truck, its fun.

THEBOOGIEMAN 09-12-2006 08:14 PM

https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...S/S5001306.jpg
https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...S/S5001298.jpg
https://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g...S/S5001300.jpg

Hows this for a first wreck?

I just got it panted 3 days before.

RangerPilot 09-12-2006 10:41 PM

HOLY CRAP what happened?

I was going to a friend's house, coming down his street, went to the left side of the street to go around a car, went to drift back right and had no power steering (new experience for me!) and took out a double brick mailbox.

New fender, hood, headlights, turn signals, bumper, header panel, etc.

PS pump had ran out of fluid. Had the truck less than two weeks, it had been full when I bought it.

THEBOOGIEMAN 09-13-2006 11:10 AM

I went around a bend in the road and there was a car stopped in the road, just sitting in the middle of the road. i tryed to stop, but they were too close when i saw them. i steered off the road to the left hopng to miss them, bet went up a bank hit a tree and landed on the roof back in the road.

skilife17 09-13-2006 12:05 PM

My first wreck wasn't really anything. I came around the corner too fast in the winter in my 97 F150 4x4 and spun 180deg and hit a mailbox. Put some nice scratches and a dent in my truck. Touched up the scratches and the dent is still there. Guy I bought truck from owns a body shop and said just to touch it up and leave the dent or pull it.

RangerPilot 09-13-2006 08:27 PM

So this IDIOT of a friend of mine had his first wreck this afternoon. Already has gone through three cars, first a Honda Civic he blew the engine on before he even got his license (ran it with no coolant), then a Chrysler Sebring he ran out of oil (that was pretty), and today, a '90 Honda Accord, he was coming into the school parking lot and tried to be "cool" and pull into a parking space really fast. Well it just so happened that this parking space was where the light post used to be before they repainted all the lines, and he went flying into it and slammed into the very large concrete base for the light post, then bounced off it into another car before going straight over a curb and hitting the wall of our Career and Technology building before stopping.

Oh yeah, he's got some 'xplainin to do.

john112deere 09-14-2006 09:22 AM

That reminds me of something that happened where I used to work. We had an underground parking garage, which was real tight. A guy was running late and pulled into a space too fast and hit the car next to him. As if that wasn't bad enough, he then got spooked and threw it into reverse, and backed up- across the aisle, through two spaces, and then through the concrete block wall that separates that row from the one next to it (which is about 10' lower at that point). In one respect, he was pretty lucky though- the two spaces he backed through were assigned to the executive director and the director of nursing. Pushing a wall down with your car is bad, pushing one down with the bosses' Lincoln Navigator and Cadillac SRX is worse...

jimbo beam 09-16-2006 05:38 PM

i've been in a few fender benders but my first real wreak was last year, i was working as a detailer at a carlot, i was riding shotgun in a 02 mercury grand marquies, a good buddy of mine another detailer from the shop was driving, he was speeding a little 40 in a 35.

we were headed down a rural road transporting the mercury from one lot to another, we were going through a intersection, green light for us, when a guy in a brand spanking new toyota avalon [still had dealer plates on it] pulled out infront of us through the intersection, he had a green light but no turn arrow, we t-boned the passenger side of his car, he spun around and creamed the drivers side rear fender in to a stop light pole.

the mercury we were in was smashed bad, front caved in hood fliped up and smashed through the windsheild, fenders smashed halfway through the doors.

i came to in and seen all the dust floating around from the airbags, i thought the car was on fire, i started kicking the ***** out of the door finaly got it open so i could slide out, i went over to the drivers side and stated pulling on the door trying to get my buddy out, we got his door opened and got him out, i went over and layed down in the grass. the ambulance got to the scene and one of the emt guys was asking me were i hurt, i told him everywhere, so i got to ride in the ambulance to the hoispital.

i was fine, my buddy was fine, the other guy sufferd a broken arm. the wreak was the other guys fault. we settled with his insurance company and got a nice pile of money for missing work and pain.

v8rangerboy 09-16-2006 09:36 PM

Not my first wreck, but a near death experience:

A friend and I were in his '05 Ranger doing powerslides around lightpoles in a Fred Meyer parking lot, and we decided we'd had enough of the empty part of the parking lot. So we take off hauling across the parking lot (big place), across the ice and snow at about 35-40, and he cranks the wheel hard left, and instead of sliding around this other lightpole like he'd thought, we slid through the exit road thing out of the parking lot, right in front of a huge UPS truck, skidding towards another lightpole, and BAM... passenger supercab, right behind about where the B-pillar should be, a huge lightpole with a big concrete base.

Bent the frame of the truck, destroyed part of the roof and both passenger doors were deemed structurally useless, and if we'd have hit a few inches forward I'd probably have no right side limbs. I don't recommend sliding lightpoles to anyone.