Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   Schedules? (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/517208-schedules.html)

RangerPilot 08-11-2006 07:29 PM

Schedules?

Being that most schools are getting back in, I was wondering what everyone's schedule is like.

We run an A day B day block schedule, four different classes on each of two alternating days.

A day:
PALS II (Peer Assistance and Leadership Skills - go to the elementary, intermediate, and jr high schools and help kids with problems)
Statistics/Trigonometry AP
ROTC IV
Early Release 4

B day:
Government/Economics AP
The Infinity Project (an AP-level engineering class)
English IV AP
Early Release 8

They wouldn't let me take shop this year. :rolleyes: apparently 5 classes in 3 years was too much or something.

jake00 08-12-2006 01:33 AM

they wouldnt let ya take shop, but ya can lewave early?

My schedule is work 7am - 5 pm most days

Patatoe1 08-12-2006 07:24 AM

Work 7am-4pm Monday, Wednesday, Friday Saturday
Work 7am-12pm Sunday
School 8am-6pm Tuesday and Thursday

jgc2521 08-12-2006 08:19 AM

Physics
english 4
calculus
advanced math
act prep (stupid clas just takin it for 1/2 a credit)
journalism( same thing)

All day th e1st half the year, but get out at 12:20 the second half. and my shcool doesnt offer ap classes... guess thats waht you get for goin to a scholl with only 600 ppl from 3 yr old- 12grade. lol

soundwave 08-12-2006 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by jgc2521

All day th e1st half the year, but get out at 12:20 the second half. and my shcool doesnt offer ap classes... guess thats waht you get for goin to a scholl with only 600 ppl from 3 yr old- 12grade. lol

What type of school are you in? Because I don't understand a thing you typed:-huh

FTE Trigger 08-12-2006 12:32 PM

Ya' Need an Ovaltine decoder ring...:-X14 :-X14

I miss HS....:-X16
hhmmm.... sounds like a new thread topic for the GNA forum brewing..

RangerPilot 08-12-2006 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by jake00
they wouldnt let ya take shop, but ya can lewave early?

Yeah I took shop I and II my freshmen year, advanced shop and metal trades my soph year, and auto shop and metal trades II my junior year, so I'm out of classes to take, they won't let you repeat.

jgc2521 08-12-2006 08:19 PM

for the first semester, i have to stay at school all day
the second semester i get out at lunch time

its a small private school surrounded by corn fields

skilife17 08-13-2006 10:25 PM

I have meterology from 9-10 on M W F, I am also taking auto body don't know days and times yet. I am in college so I get to choose my schedule.

MisterCMK 08-13-2006 10:56 PM

Whats this class thing? Maybe I should actually attend rather than sleeping all day. el oh el

FirstTry 08-13-2006 10:57 PM

7AM to 3PM Monday to thursday at college. adn on fridays im gonna take my day off and go and bother all my friends at high school, until february that is.............

CowboyBilly9Mile 08-14-2006 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by RangerPilot
Being that most schools are getting back in, I was wondering what everyone's schedule is like.

We run an A day B day block schedule, four different classes on each of two alternating days.

A day:
PALS II (Peer Assistance and Leadership Skills - go to the elementary, intermediate, and jr high schools and help kids with problems)
Statistics/Trigonometry AP
ROTC IV
Early Release 4

B day:
Government/Economics AP
The Infinity Project (an AP-level engineering class)
English IV AP
Early Release 8

They wouldn't let me take shop this year. :rolleyes: apparently 5 classes in 3 years was too much or something.

Some of these things you should have been able to take in high school or, if you qualified, be able to exit your high school during normal school hours and attend the classes at a local university (if there is one in your area) or community college (trade school, two year degrees but some credits may transfer to a genuine university). Like the trig class. Oh, did you know that you can challenge a class at many universities? Think of it as jump starting your education and degree in a field. Not sure on this early release thing; when I attended the university I picked my own classes and the only early release came from being so hammered from staying up late getting things done that I had to bail on a few classes and go home and snooze. That carried the risk of a penalty too and yeah, a few times I paid the price..................

ATC Crazy 08-15-2006 12:05 PM

Tuesday-Friday I work from 4pm-9pm (sometimes later), and the time depends on Saturdays. Usually go in at 9am, and leave when we are done

As for school (college):

Geology 10-10:50am M, W, F
Lab 9am-12pm Thurs.

Technical Mathmatics 12-12:50pm M, W, F

AutoCAD 5-5:50pm M
AutoCAD lab (Time TBA)

Basic CNC & CAM 6pm-9:30pm M

Orientation 1pm-1:50pm W

RangerPilot 08-15-2006 10:51 PM

Heya Cowboy.

Yep actually I'm a little ahead of the game. I know AP classes count for something. Last year I took CCCC (Collin County Community College) English III and US History. Passed both so I got those credits out of the way for college.

Trig they don't have at CCCC (wish they did). I plan to attempt to test out of everything I can in college, less work is better IMHO. I don't want to get overloaded no matter what.

KingRachPrincess 08-15-2006 11:38 PM

Forestry (2 periods)
Algebra
Global Science
Health/P.E.
English
History

I dont know if they're on day 1 or 2 yet till the first day
Jenny