Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1997-2006 Expedition & Navigator (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum27/)
-   -   2005 Expedition, DVD-Player and Satellite Radio (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/513028-2005-expedition-dvd-player-and-satellite-radio.html)

Dulcy 09-17-2006 08:41 PM

A solution?!

I just bought a used 2005 used Expedition Limited and am going nuts without my Sirius! I am anxiously awaiting a solution, because we will be using the DVD for the kids and us wanting to listen to the sat radio...

If anything does come up, please let me know!!!!!

Thanks...

rexster314 09-17-2006 08:49 PM

Only way you're gonna accomplish that is to buy an FM transmit Sirius receiver. I even went so far as to contact Visteon, maker of the radio AND sat receiver. The use of sat radio and DVD is NOT possible, and from what I could tell, it's not high on their agenda to fix it either

Rex

alfie623 11-13-2006 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by atl04expy
Kent - I had my Ford dealer install the Ford XM kit in my 04Expy with the factory CD6 head unit. They routed the wire around the windshield inside the rubber seal (I didn't know that there was enough space to do that). At the top center of the windshield, the magnetic antenna sits on the roof. Occassionally the carwash will move it slightly...this leaves small scratches in the paint. I don't know whay they didn't use adhesive. Anyway, it works very well.

Question on the Ford XM kit. Does this allow you to listen to XM radio through the Ford head unit and display the XM info on the head unit screen? I'm using a Roadie now and want to move away from it and don't want to switch to Serious (sp?).

rexster314 11-13-2006 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by alfie623
Question on the Ford XM kit. Does this allow you to listen to XM radio through the Ford head unit and display the XM info on the head unit screen? I'm using a Roadie now and want to move away from it and don't want to switch to Serious (sp?).

Yes, the factory kit displays the song/performer data, although not automatically like the aftermarket stuff. You have to press the buttons on the radio to actually show this information. The normal display of course, shows the satellite channel number and name

Rex

sc01hd 07-11-2007 03:47 PM

Possible Solution

There maybe one solution to your satellite/dvd conflict. You can remove the dvd player with the 4-7/32 screws. It is possible to jump the wiring at the dvd assembly so that the headphones are active all the time. This will prevent the satellite radio system and dvd system from trying to send audio into the radio input at the same time. The only downfall is that the dvd player probably won't be able to send sound through the speakers anymore. But if your main concern is listening to the satellite radio while the kids enjoy their movie than it is a win-win situation for everyone. Hope this helps guys!

apgarassoc 07-11-2007 04:07 PM

I couldn't give a rip if I never again hear a DVD on the speakers. Have you seen this done before? This would be totally awesome if it really works. It's always been my impression that you can't even activate the SAT in dual mode if a DVD is playing. Do you know what wires you need to jumper? I'm guessing such modifications would elminate the possibility of having the radio or CD playing on the headphones, but that's not really needed anyway.

More info, please!