Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Ahhhh, I'm Sorry! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/511243-ahhhh-im-sorry.html)

BFR250SD 07-21-2006 09:13 PM

Ahhhh, I'm Sorry!

Well folks, I hate to say it, but the BFR250SD is no more. At least to me anyways, I traded her in.

As much as I enjoyed the building of this truck, I was getting more and more annoyed at the problems that seemed to arise each day and the continued lack of decent customer service since day one from Ford.

It just wasn't fitting into my daily routine anymore, so off she went.

I did trade her in on a different brand; I COULD NOT pass up the deal I was offered. I'm not gonna speak of or against either, as that would just not be right. All I am gonna say is that I truely enjoyed the time I spent in here and I'll still drop in and offer a little assistance when it pertains to something I have exerience with.

Hopefully the Big F'n Red 250 Super Duty will make it's next owner very happy. It should....it's built to the friggin teeth. But.......it just didn't fit my needs anymore and being the 4th Ford I've had, and the 4th that I've not been overly happy with, it's gonna be my last.

Thanks for the good times, thanks for the support from all the great folks in here, and thanks for all the assistance with my little projects on this truck.

BFR250SD, Out!

EnviroCon 07-21-2006 09:37 PM

That's just sad to hear. Unfortunately, you're not alone in those feelings about Ford, as well as, many dealers customer service. It seems that more and more these days, negative stories about customer service are popping-up and I'm sad to say that I'm no stranger to it myself.

But, regardless of what brand of vehicle you own, it would be a shame to lose your expertise and humor on the board, so I hope you'll continue to stick around. And if the Army sees fit to send you to Ft. Bliss, drop me an email (I'd give you my phone number, but I'm notorious for not answering it).

Kep4 07-21-2006 09:38 PM

Sorry to see you go but I can understand how you must feel. Sometimes I really wonder what Ford engineers and their customer service department are thinking.

Drop by once in a while! :)

Russ

biz4two 07-21-2006 09:41 PM

Oh man...sorry to hear that you traded that totally cool looking SD! It sure was a beautiful setup. Hope you keep your picture gallery here at fte...so I can stop in and marvel at the job you did on her.

OBTW: I just have to ask, but what brand did you go with? Sorry, but I am to curious not to ask. :-innocent

Also, what kind of problems and poor customer service were you having? Again...just curious...

Because from my own experience's with FORD customer service has been less than good. Then Mr. Ford wonders why sales are down... :-huh

Take care...and do check in from time to time.

biz
:-X22

utahstroke 07-21-2006 10:32 PM

Stay close, your input on many levels is a plus for this site.
Best Wishes!!

FortyFords 07-21-2006 10:43 PM

Sorry you traded your truck for another brand.

There are no perfect vehicles out there!
Good luck!

Rich

bf250 07-22-2006 12:09 AM

i am also very curious, what brand of truck? and also, could you say about what dealer experience you had and the probs with the truck? i mean, you have alot of time and money into that truck, something must have been really irking you to trade it in.

and also, can you say the positives and negatives of your new truck vs the ford? like interior comfort and such.

but if not, oh well, enjoy the new ride!

m350 07-22-2006 05:42 AM

Just wondering BFR,,, what troubles you had with the truck ? When I had my 04' F-350 V-10, 4x4, 6-speed,,,(in gallery)the truck never had to go to the dealer in 27 K miles,was a great truck,,just wanted to get away from the dually,,and alittle better milage then 11.6 mpg the best I ever saw ! By the way,,the truck looks great in your gallery,,someone will have a cool ride !! Good luck with new ride !,,,,,,Mark

ryaneverk2 07-22-2006 05:44 AM

You've been a great contributor... it's sad to see you go.

Beast12 07-22-2006 05:58 AM

Hmmm...that's too bad Rich. At least you still have the Focus. You do have the Focus still.......RIGHT?!!?!?!? :eek: :-D

I hope you will stick around. Enjoy your posts. :-X22

-Matt :-tap

P.S. I am guessing he got a Dodge... :(

alfama351 07-22-2006 07:36 AM

I benefited from your great write up on the tech folder, about Converting Auto hubs to manual hubs.
Thanks it was really helpfull.
Good luck with your new ride, hope you check in once in awhile.

BFR250SD 07-22-2006 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by Beast12
P.S. I am guessing he got a Dodge... :(

:rolleyes: ....but no Hemi in this baby. I has a little more...................torque

I've never been a real brand loyal type. I won't just give my money to someone because of a name that is on it. To me that just makes no sense. I look at the trends I see and make my decisions off of that, and unfortunately the trends I see coming from the Ford camp have left me a little bit less than impressed.

I'm not gonna go off and bad mouth the dealers or the service or anything else. As I said, that just wouldn't be right. Everyone here reads the posts and see's the complaints, so most of it would just be old hat. Mainly, I was just sick of HAVING to modify parts to get things to work the way they should have anyways. Sooooooo...

I will still drop in, A LOT! There are too many great folks in here and this is by far the best forum I have EVER been on, so yeah I'll be around. I'll leave the gallery and all that stuff up, maybe it'll give a few other folks the bug to mod their truck a little bit.

The new truck is gonna be MUCH less conspicuous. It's gonna be more of a tow pig than anything else. And yes, I got a lot of extra money back on the trade. I actually got what I was figuring I could have sold it for privately. I did take a few of the goodies off, but only the really useful ones.

Some of the other vehicles specific parts have already found there way onto a buddy of mines '04 250, V10, CC, 4X. He was kinda stoked when I showed up at his door in my new truck, with a bed load of parts for HIS truck. He is already sporting a new set of wheels, some smoked cab lights, a new bumper guard, a K&N filter and a Superchips programmer. If I would have had time to rip out the lift and ARB's, I'd dropped those on his truck too. :-X22

I kept the winch and air tanks and stuff for the new truck.

So anyways, enough of my long drawn out post. I'll be around, drop me a line.

:-X25

tvsjr 07-22-2006 09:48 AM

Damn, I think your friend needs to hook you up with a steak dinner! I wish people showed up at my door with toys for my truck... :-missingt

99f350sd 07-22-2006 11:13 AM

Good luck with your new rig...I like the sound of the new Dodges with the diesel.
I heard an 06 the other day really quite and what a roar.....

Dick

BFR250SD 07-22-2006 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by 99f350sd
Good luck with your new rig...I like the sound of the new Dodges with the diesel.
I heard an 06 the other day really quite and what a roar.....

Dick

It's pretty much dead silent in the cab, they did a real good job with the sound insulation on this thing. The only thing you hear is a little bit of turbo whistle. Now, get on it with the windows down and it'll definitley make a nice little statement.

If you do happen to drop in on one of the other sites and you run into cumminalong, that's me. Feel free to say howdy.