Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ranchero & 1961 - 1967 Econoline (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum43/)
-   -   '66 Ranchero tail light assembly (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/506744-66-ranchero-tail-light-assembly.html)

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S.DAVE 07-06-2006 04:41 AM

'66 Ranchero tail light assembly

Is there any place to get new/nos tail light assembly for a '66 Ranchero? My old red & clear tail light lenses don't really look all that bad, but the chrome frame/housing they sit in is junk both sides.

Even though the '66 Ranchero is a "one-off" transitional year model, (front end kinda looks like a Falcon, the back end kinda looks like a Fairlane) I think the '67's tail lights might be the same as the '66 (or close). Thanks.

jschira 07-06-2006 09:06 AM

They make reproductions of the lenses. $24.95/ea. Try www.autokrafters.com

The buckets are not reproduced, so you will have to find some at a swap meet or on ebay.

The 66 taillights are unique, one year only. 65 won't fit. 67 won't fit.

Good luck.

PS - I am going to the National Falcon meet in Indy is a couple of weeks. Want me to look for some for you? They won't be cheap. Good taillight buckets can go for $30-$50+ each.

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S.DAVE 07-07-2006 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by jschira
PS - I am going to the National Falcon meet in Indy is a couple of weeks. Want me to look for some for you? They won't be cheap. Good taillight buckets can go for $30-$50+ each.

Thanks for the offer but I'm not ready to get them just yet, for now I'm just investigating what's available. First I need to finishing squeezing the 460 in there first....then the electrical system will get my full attention (LOL).

jschira 07-07-2006 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S.DAVE
Thanks for the offer but I'm not ready to get them just yet, for now I'm just investigating what's available.

If you find a good pair, you had better buy them. They may be the last set you ever see.

tsherry 09-18-2006 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by D.I.L.L.I.G.A.S.DAVE
Is there any place to get new/nos tail light assembly for a '66 Ranchero? My old red & clear tail light lenses don't really look all that bad, but the chrome frame/housing they sit in is junk both sides.

Even though the '66 Ranchero is a "one-off" transitional year model, (front end kinda looks like a Falcon, the back end kinda looks like a Fairlane) I think the '67's tail lights might be the same as the '66 (or close). Thanks.

I have 1 '66 Ranchero and 3 '66 Wagons--same parts. Try NW Classic Falcons, they had some the last time I was over there, not sure of the cost. (I won't part with my NOS set, bought there twenty years ago...for five bucks for the pair. Sorry)

scewby65 09-27-2006 01:52 PM

check greensales.com , located in cincinnati Ohio, early ford parts.

VictoryRanchero 06-19-2018 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by jschira (Post 3791323)
They make reproductions of the lenses. $24.95/ea. Try Ford Parts, Classic Car Parts, Truck Parts and Services by Auto Krafters-Mustang Auto Parts Too!

The buckets are not reproduced, so you will have to find some at a swap meet or on ebay.

The 66 taillights are unique, one year only. 65 won't fit. 67 won't fit.

Good luck.

if you ever came across buckets for this year or full assemblies I would totally buy them from you

NumberDummy 06-28-2018 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by VictoryRanchero (Post 18045860)
if you ever came across buckets for this year or full assemblies I would totally buy them from you

1966 Falcon Station Wagon & Ranchero:

C6DZ-13434-A .. Rear Lamp Body-Use without backup lamps / Obsolete

C6DZ-13434-B .. Rear Lamp Body-Use with backup lamps / Obsolete

No Ford dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

Lower pic:

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.for...4884fabc11.jpg