Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nevada Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum181/)
-   -   We need a leader!!! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/506303-we-need-a-leader.html)

05XLT 07-04-2006 02:20 PM

We need a leader!!!

Do we have one? If we don't already have one, I would like to possibly fill the position. I say that we have a dual leadership... b/c of the fact that there is a large grouping in the north and a large group in the south, with a couple members that may be somewhere in between... there should be a leader for the north and one for the south -or- If our leader is in the north then have a Vice/Co leader in the south and vice-versa! What does everyone think?

Vern69 07-05-2006 11:40 PM

I understand that Nevada has Reno, Vegas and a whole lot of small towns and desert between, but I think we need one chapter. Otherwise we're no better off than we were before with the northern folks going to the NorCal chapter and the southerners going to SoCal. I think we'll be able to get it together over time. Just think, then we can have GTG's in Hawthorne!:-X03

05XLT 07-06-2006 10:34 PM

I totally understand that and agree 99% with you... but we do need to have some kind of representative (sp), one for the north, one for the south... does that make sense or am I just talking out my ass?

davethecow 07-06-2006 10:47 PM

Hawthorn would love that.we are kind of spreed out,so we would have to work out somthing.but having one overall leader is the goal.and then have a reginal leader for the different parts of the state.

we have been trying that in the nor cal.chapter.we have not done nothin yet,but give it time.

05XLT 07-06-2006 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by davethecow
Hawthorn would love that.we are kind of spreed out,so we would have to work out somthing.but having one overall leader is the goal.and then have a reginal leader for the different parts of the state.

we have been trying that in the nor cal.chapter.we have not done nothin yet,but give it time.

That's exactly what I'm trying to saying...

olfordsnstone 07-07-2006 02:24 PM

I think the first step is to select the official dude initially. Then work on sub-unit representatives as the concern is addressed and agreed upon. 05xlt, I agree with you that there needs to be an election asap. An idea would be to title a thread appropriately to show opportunity for the self-nomination posts. Then anyyone interested in this duty could state their interest and could post some bullits about themselves, and how they intend on coordinating for this chapter if elected. Voting members could then have some kind of idea who they are voting for. Maybe leave that thread open for a couple of weeks or so until and through voting time.
After that, we could set up a poll thread for the actual vote. The General Chapter Moderator (F2504X4) could give some guidance for this process.

BTW, how are we currently officially joining this chapter? I am interested in becoming a member.

davethecow 07-07-2006 06:17 PM

tim its open inrollment right now,just join.