Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   1999 to 2016 Super Duty (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum30/)
-   -   Connecting Cell Phone to Factory Radio (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/500540-connecting-cell-phone-to-factory-radio.html)

bengitschier 06-12-2006 09:33 PM

Connecting Cell Phone to Factory Radio

Hello,

I just purchased a Ford F-350 2002. Currently it has a 3C3T-18C815-AA Factory Ford Radio installed in it. I know that I can connect my cell phone kit to it in order to hear it through the speakers, becuase it has the mute / phone button on it. I do not have and cannot find a wiring diagram for the backside of this radio to tell me how to connect the two wires into it from my cell phone kit. Anybodu have any suggestions on were and how I can find this information? Any help at all will be great.

Thanks
Ben

jake00 06-12-2006 11:13 PM

this may or may not help ya

http://user.mc.net/~jakem/FTE/f250_02_wires.pdf

have you tried the mfg of your cell kit?

IB Tim 06-13-2006 06:02 AM

...Welcome Ben, to Ford Truck Enthusiasts!

See you on the boards.:-X22 ….

Cuda444 06-13-2006 11:07 AM

That second page on the link jake gave you should be everything you need. What kind of cell kit is it?

Tom

jekuo 06-13-2006 06:32 PM

I hooked up a Parrot universal kit to my '05 F-350 and it works great w/my moto E815. You can hear it through the speakers, and even voice dial w/it. The kit is universal so it will connect to any system. If your kit doesn't work out, you might want to try the Parrot kit.

jerzydiver 06-15-2006 09:48 PM

The link from Jake is not loading can anyone help

sunuvabug 05-28-2014 04:20 PM

Making The Mute/Phone Feature Work on A 2001

Originally Posted by jekuo (Post 3741973)
I hooked up a Parrot universal kit to my '05 F-350 and it works great w/my moto E815. You can hear it through the speakers, and even voice dial w/it. The kit is universal so it will connect to any system. If your kit doesn't work out, you might want to try the Parrot kit.

I'm reviving this old thread because I have the same issue/desire. I've searched and read through all of the previous threads/posts on this topic and the answers/links are either outdated or vague i.e. which Parrot Universal kit exactly, link to wiring schematics doesn't work etc. ???? To summarize, I have a 2001 SD with the "Premium AM/FM Stereo In Dash Six CD Radio". It has a button in the top right corner that has a phone symbol over the word MUTE.

In the Operator's Manual under "Phone mode" it says: "This features allows you to control the factory-installed cellular phone (if equipped) through the radio controls". It goes on to say " Press the phone/mute control to enter phone mode. The playing media will be muted". I do not have the factory cell phone hardware.

I would like to get my Android based smartphone working through the factory stereo if I can (I guess a Bluetooth connection using what's already there is what I want). I suspect the original factory cell phone set-up plugged into the back of the stereo. There obviously had to be some kind of a technical interface to make it work. Here are my questions ... coming from a very untechnical guy.

1. Are there any schematics available? I tried to go through a couple of old links but they are no longer valid.
  2. Is there a device available I can buy that can be plugged into the factory stereo and interface with my Android phone?
  3. Has anyone done what I'd like to do? and if so, how hard is it?

Any and all schematics, advice and specific product/model recommendations would be greatly appreciated. ~ Bugjr ~

sunuvabug 05-29-2014 07:19 AM

No one can help me here?

flainn 05-29-2014 10:24 AM

Head units are so cheap, and so much better than factory, that I'd just ditch the factory one and install one that supports Bluetooth. Pairing your phone with a head unit that supports Bluetooth is so easy, it's hardly worth the time/effort to track down some kit that works with your particular phone.

sunuvabug 05-29-2014 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by flainn (Post 14388658)
... snipped ... I'd just ditch the factory one and install one that supports Bluetooth.

Thanks for your response flainn. I guess I'm a little old fashion in that I don't believe in tossing things in good working order. From previous posts it appears the kind of interface unit I seek is readily available ... I just don't know what I'm looking for or what to ask for.

flainn 05-30-2014 10:46 AM

It's up to you. It'd be worth your time, though, to check out Crutchfield and see what you can get for $120-$150. I know I was amazed.