Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events & Happenings (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum21/)
-   -   My Vote (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/4974-my-vote.html)

jbhf250 09-28-2000 11:02 PM

My Vote

OK, I`ll cast my vote for it to be in Calif. OR west of the mississippi. How about in May.

__JOHN__Õ¿ö
Member-
"Crusin North" Car Club
Santa Rosa, Calif.
72 F-250
ICQ#6030753
http://clubs.excite.com/72FORD-F-250

daywalker 09-29-2000 08:44 AM

My Vote

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON 29-Sep-00 AT 09:44 AM (EST)[/font][p]How about somewhere in the mid-west so most people can get to it in a day or two. Just do it on a weekend/holiday/springbreak.

dust3 09-29-2000 07:28 PM

My Vote

How about somewhere reasonably close to the border, so some of us canucks can attend... Eh! :-)

Dustin

jowilker 09-30-2000 07:50 AM

My Vote

Good idea, but this country is awfully big to try to accomidate one rally. One wants it on the left coast 3000 miles from the right, near Canada 800 miles to Chicago, Dallas Tx 1200 miles from NC. How about the Ausy that was posting a while back.

Maybe some smaller meets tied to major events, until the interest grows into a single source meet.

The nationals in Tenn., the truck show in Carlisle Pa., and there must be regionals all across the country to start with.

I'll write Ken about a FTE rally flag, that could be placed in bed standard hole, or window like the colleges, or on the ground to be reconised as a FTE meeting point. He may have something already.

Whattayathink??

John
jowilker@nc.freei.net

66 F100s
In the still cool hours of the night, you can hear chevys rusting away.

Kenny 09-30-2000 10:14 AM

My Vote

I gotta agree with you John that it's going to be next to impossible to find a central location that will please everyone. I really like the Idea of everyone being in one location, because you would get to meet with members that you wouldn't get to if they were at a different meeting place. Then again, you might not get to meet them anyway if they don't attend because it's too far.
Kenny

FTE Ken 09-30-2000 11:41 AM

My Vote

Currently, we meet each year in Tennesee at the F100 Supernats. That covers the East Coast. I'm thinking something in the mid-west or west, but its really up to the majority here.

Ken Payne
Ford Truck Enthusiasts Admin

69man 10-14-2000 09:44 PM

My Vote

i would love one on the west coast that i could meet some of these peoples at. i live in washington. so maybe for the west coast how about somewheres in oregon. it is just an idea
69man

73f100 10-19-2000 09:22 PM

My Vote

I am a member of Gp-Owners.com we just had our annual meet this was the 3rd one that was put on, they have always had it in Kansas City Mo its very central and every major highway feeds into the city. We raised over 10,000 dollars for a local charity. It was alot of fun which was spread over 4 days of fun. Just my .02 cents in the matter.

hpguy 10-20-2000 11:44 PM

My Vote

We could always put together 4-5 smaller rallies, and then do a big cruise to one central meet. Those that couldn't make it to the big one then could have the satisfaction of making at least one of the small ones. Then we could have a chance to see each others trucks driving, and all cruise together.

I just thought of this, and I really like it...I would take off of work and school to go.

hpguy 10-20-2000 11:48 PM

My Vote

Why, in this forum, did I get started over with one post? :'(

hpguy 10-20-2000 11:54 PM

My Vote

I just tried to edit my last message, and it told me that I don't own it! Anyway...
We need to have the cruise in sometime after march, so I will have my license back; but preferably during the beginning of summer, after school gets out.

I hope you're watching this forum ken...

If It ain't broke, you're not tryin'!

FTE Ken 10-21-2000 12:05 AM

My Vote

I think June would be best. FTE already makes an annual event of the Supernats in May. They take place in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. I think that since this show is an east coast show, that a west coast show in June would be appropriate.

Ken Payne

hpguy 10-21-2000 12:15 PM

My Vote

Anyway...Does it matter what condition your truck is in? I'd love to bring my ORIGINAL (not the good kind of original, the bad kind) '64 F-250. It's a work in progress. Hopefully before March I can rebuild the engine so it doesn't stink up the neighborhood anymore.

hpguy 10-21-2000 04:13 PM

My Vote

I like the idea of the flag, maybe we could distribute them to everyone who plans on going, if needed charge a small fee or something. Then everyone would know where we all were going. Possibly make them fit in the holes on the side of the bed. Or just send out the flag, let us find our own poles.

Sorry, I'm taking up a lot of room on this forum. I guess it's just cause I'm excited to finally get involved in something I care about!

-Andrew

If It ain't broke, you're not tryin'!

FTE Ken 10-21-2000 06:40 PM

My Vote

Two answers to two seperate questions:
1. The flag idea is good. We can look into getting some printed.
2. Truck condition does not matter. Just look at the pictorial on this site and you'll see all types represented.

Ken Payne