Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tennessee Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum95/)
-   -   This sucks. The NOAA forecast stuck it to me again... (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/487921-this-sucks-the-noaa-forecast-stuck-it-to-me-again.html)

Greywolf 04-29-2006 02:46 PM

This sucks. The NOAA forecast stuck it to me again...

This is the third time I relied on an NOAA forecast that turned out to be totally off the mark. "Heavy rains and t-storms through tomorrow"...

I don't see JACK out there except some wind, and there have only been a few light sprinkles all day. Maybe the NOAA people should look out their windows once a day!

So now what? The meet was cnx'd, I'm sure I'm not the only one dissappointed.

There has got to be a weather agency that has some idea of what the heck they are talking about.

This can't happen again!

j&bsuv 04-29-2006 02:50 PM

Wolf I'm sorry . I won free tickets from being first caller ..... rained out. best just to look out the window.. kinda low tech but accurate!

j&bsuv 04-29-2006 02:52 PM

tickets to the races I tend to leave a lot of words out,,,

j&bsuv 04-29-2006 02:55 PM

I used to live in antioch TN. you far from there ?

lariat97 04-30-2006 09:10 AM

Lets just go next time Greywolf if it ain't raining outside. I sat around all day Sat wishing I'd made the trip.

Greywolf 05-01-2006 08:57 AM

J&B - I'm just far enough north of memphis to be over the next county line from Shelby.

Lariat - Damn right. I'm getting sick of looking at my fishing poles and wondering when I'm going to use them!

lariat97 05-01-2006 08:47 PM

I'm using my poles this wk. I fixed my boat. It needed a new starting battery. I'll be fishing soon.

maples01 05-01-2006 10:34 PM

Antioch is outside Nashville ont the east side, far from Memphis.
I never listened to weather man, I went on to the lake, lake weather is odd anyhow, it'll rain or pop up a thunderstorm on a clear day.

lariat97 05-02-2006 06:42 PM

Man the fish bite best right before a storm. I'll be fishing every free day I have till it gets too hot.

Greywolf 05-02-2006 08:10 PM

Nice thing about a pickup truck -

You pack a cooler, tacklebox, folding chair, rods, and a barbeque. Set up the barbeque next to the truck on the side away from the gas tank.

The stake side holes become rod holders, and the folding chair is deployed in the bed after dropping the tailgate and backing up to the lakeshore or riverbank. The cooler is in the back, and you can even set up a canopy for shade...

Gotta love the easy life!

lariat97 05-03-2006 06:23 AM

I planto buy a couple of the spider rigs for my boat. I want to try drifting for crappie this yr. We need to go fishing Greywolf. I fish Glen Springs lake every yr.

Greywolf 05-03-2006 01:32 PM

I was thinking that I might just hair off on a fishing trip...

We could also hit the big river from Richardsons Landing. Up near Ballard Slough the catfish are gigantenormous!!! If you have a boat, we can slaughter them!

lariat97 05-04-2006 06:00 AM

I better quit talking fishing. I'll cause floods. I call my boat Rainmaker for a good reason. It rains everytime I hook it to the truck. I was on the water about 3 yrs back when the shear force winds knocked the Memphis area for a loop. I got off the lake ok but the highways were closed because of all the trees on them. What a day.