Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/)
-   -   So you'd never guess what i'm about to say (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/485494-so-youd-never-guess-what-im-about-to-say.html)

Violjohn78 04-21-2006 10:40 AM

So you'd never guess what i'm about to say

i'm getting married. June 10th Met a wonderful young woman in ohio off eharmony, have been talking to past 2 months. First weekend we meet I propose (she lives with her family) i had her dad's permission prior to the visit. i will be moving up to Ohio (i was leaving VA in some fashion or other by end of may anyway) on may 1st.

Franken-Truck 04-21-2006 12:05 PM

Dude you suck! Just kiding, congratulations :-X03 :-X22 :-X14

First thing that popped into my head was "he's getting married" too :-D

Don't know what else to say but yall have my best wishes to a fruitful and blessed future :-X21

Your going to fly all of us out there to attend the wedding right?

Rexman 04-21-2006 12:30 PM

well congrats man! i'm getting married in sept. i'm 22 though.. hehehee. have fun!

ATC Crazy 04-21-2006 12:32 PM

Congrats!

I dont mean any offense....but I have to ask...

You've only been talking for 2 months, you've never seen/talked/dated in person...are you sure marriage is the right thing so soon?

Violjohn78 04-21-2006 12:37 PM

yes. it is the right thing. I wouldn't have proposed if i wasn't sure. I'm not the kinda person that just goes into something without knowing.

haha, steve..no. well it's going to be a semi small wedding just family only. Thank you though. :-) I'd love to have as many as my friends there as possible. It'll be good.

Kista20 04-21-2006 09:51 PM

well congrats John but as for me my butt is staying single, I tend to get a lot more done that way :-X03

Violjohn78 04-25-2006 07:18 AM

Well I'd never thought i'd be going for marriage at this stage in my life, but it's so right. I knew she was it the first day I was started talking to her.
Update on what's happening, i'm actually moving on May 1 Up to ohio, my truck will be leaving VA for a while. We already have a house there now, but samantha won't be living there until we are married.

Franken-Truck 04-25-2006 11:06 AM

Best of luck on your move. . . you deserter :-X07 I'm glad you got the feeling man, I have trouble meeting people I even like let alone want to marry :-down

Back to your original post. . .why were planning to leave VA to begin with?

Violjohn78 04-25-2006 12:32 PM

Things weren't going the way I wanted them to go, and my current job (4 more days whoohoo) was a temporary (just ended up being 3.5 years temporary.) I was just moving because the lease on this place was up and was going to go to az to be with my mom, well that wasn't a good idea on it's own, but now i have a direction to go, so I'm grabbing on with both hands and going. :-D

Franken-Truck 04-25-2006 09:28 PM

I feel like that sometimes. Just pack everything up and keep on driving till some place strikes my fancy :-X22

Originally Posted by ViolJohn
so I'm grabbing on with both hands and going.

:-X14 . . .Wait. . .you were talking metaphorical, weren't you :-down

That was bad, I'm going back to my corner now and puting my pointy hat on. . .