Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   Check Out The New Paint! (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/484751-check-out-the-new-paint.html)

Peter94 04-18-2006 11:36 PM

Check Out The New Paint!

Hey, just finished putting the clear coat on my F150. I just wanted to invite everyone to check out my gallery under the album "F150" or "Rusty Jones" and take a look at what I started with and where its at now. If you look twards the end thats where all the pics of the new paint are. Thanks everyone, let me know what you think!

bassproguy07 04-19-2006 12:45 AM

May I ask why you made it a flatbed??? I mean sure its a sep up from a stepside(HATE EM) but dang wooden flat bed?? You got a mix between punk rock n redneck thats for sure haha LOVE IT MAN!! but i think a diamond plate flatbed would look better

Cuda444 04-19-2006 01:08 AM

All that hype and no full truck shots?! Haha jk... not really my style, but congrats on doin it all yourself! I wish I could airbrush. It's quite the accomplishment to see something that crappy looking come out as nice as it did. Keep up the good work.

Tom

Peter94 04-19-2006 11:20 AM

Did you see the pic of the box before i took it off? thats why there's a wood flatbed.

JD717 04-19-2006 11:52 AM

Looks real good. gotta put some full truck shots in there. I see exactly why theres a flatbed on that thing now. that old bed left a little to be desired.

Peter94 04-19-2006 03:11 PM

Yeah, the junkyard wanted 500$ for a bed with scratches and dents on it. So i built one out of wood, it cost like 100$, i'm going to cover it in herculiner, should make it look better. But yeah, sorry i couldnt get the full pics, its still in the paintbooth and there's not enough room to back up and get a good pic of it, i'll definantly throw some up when i get them though.

jake00 04-21-2006 07:28 PM

i like the hood, that thing looks badass

brandon_wyer 04-25-2006 08:06 AM

Flatbed isn't really my style, but it's better than the bed you had on it before. The paint job looks great, especially since you did it by yourself. Overall, good job.

89300L64x4 04-29-2006 09:51 PM

nice truck!!!! gotta get us full truck pics. question, when did ford put eif 302s in that model of trucks? was 85 the first year?

81fordf-250 05-01-2006 11:23 AM

$$$$$$

How much have you invested in the truck? I have an 81 with a 300 in it. I am thinking of rebuilding it. I need new fendors for the front and a new bed. I though of using a bed of a newer truck but the fenders wouldn't match. The old trucks have a preset fender and the newer ones are flared out. My hood is good but I also need doors. Did the truck have much rust in the cab?

Peter94 05-01-2006 11:31 AM

Yeah, the cab was really rusted, i couldnt really feel it under the carpet, but a little bit of extra sheet metal and a welder fixed that. Yeah, 85 was the first year EFI in trucks. I just rolled it out of the paint booth and will throw some pics up soon. I'll post again when i do. I got the fenders from a junkyard for like 40 bucks for the pair, they needed alot of work, but no where near what the old ones needed. I got the doors for about 80 for the pair. I basically robbed the junkyard blind on that steal. They came with power windows/locks and all the motors and everything. The windows are scratched to heck and it needs new door panels, but besides that it was pretty much perfect. You basically just have to find a small local junkyard and you can get good deals. The junkyards with computer inventory's and stuff are crazy, they wanted 80$ for 1 door with no windows/door panels or anything. and like 100$ for a complete door.