Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Virginia Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum147/)
-   -   Virginia + North Carolina "Block party" discussion. . . (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/482035-virginia-north-carolina-block-party-discussion.html)

Franken-Truck 04-10-2006 12:03 PM

Virginia + North Carolina "Block party" discussion. . .

Figured I would get this out before the meet as this is one thing I would like to talk about.

This was my little brain fart for a State Event. Not a whole lot written in stone yet. . .right now its just the 2 states members getting together to do something :-wink My suggestion for a time was around June or July. . .

They have already had there meet and they thought it was a smashing idea.

Pretty much we need something to do, a place to do it, and a time to plan for. Ya gotta love how I think my ideas all the way through :-roll

Aight, talk amongst yerselves :-X22

vanwho 04-11-2006 06:03 PM

Hmmm.................

:-tap How's about something at Lake Gaston? Never been and would like to check it out myself.
I'll post some others when they come to me.

Franken-Truck 04-11-2006 07:20 PM

That was my suggestion. Been camping there quite a few times. Really nice, price was good at the time and fishing is great! Monster cats all night long in the summer :-X06

That was my suggestion. . .only becuase I have no idea whats out that way besides Kerr :-X19

vanwho 04-12-2006 09:34 PM

Another Idea

:-D Hey! Another thought. Find out where they usually get together and maybe meet them there. Charlotte a little far, but, who knows?

Franken-Truck 04-25-2006 09:36 PM

Holy crap this thread died to quick. . .To long of a break between there meet and our upcoming one :-D Good thinking Van. . .if I remember I will have to ask Art about that :-X22 Its just that it is now #2,343,609.6 on my to-do list :-X01

I need more weekends. . .

vanwho 05-01-2006 07:51 PM

I was just passing through the NC Chapter and they're talking about a June 3rd (Sat) meet. Art said that he hadn't heard from VA but he still sounded interested in the get-together. Check it out when you have time. Just thought you might like to know.

"Van"

Kista20 05-01-2006 08:28 PM

that sounds like a good idea and I would be up for it too. I've had this new tent now for 5 yrs and it's never been out of the box.

Franken-Truck 05-01-2006 09:17 PM

I did see that, thanks :-X22

I think it would be a blast, but I told them we would discuss possibilites on our end at the meet, which was suppossed to happen the 22nd. . .which we're past now :-X07

Anyone know whats down there though? Hmmmm. . .gonna ask Art where there major populous is and figure out ours and try and find some middle ground. . .

Love how I think this stuff through :-roll

vanwho 05-02-2006 06:12 PM

Sometimes, the best ideas happen on the spur of the moment.

Franken-Truck 05-02-2006 07:22 PM

Very true! And sometimes there great :-X22 But there like those little wind up cars you had as a kid. You put it on the kitchen floor, and aim for the sofa in the living room, but it always goes where it wants. Sometimes under the fridge, or it turns and goes down the stairs, unless you frantically yell for someone to dive for it :-roll But they never do, and it ends up breaking. . .but thats ok cuase there cheap and you can always get another, and sometimes you can get ice cream :-X03

ATC Crazy 05-03-2006 03:04 PM

Heh...Can it be on a Sunday?