Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Nebraska Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum176/)
-   -   Hope everyone survived the storms (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/478436-hope-everyone-survived-the-storms.html)

150ford 03-30-2006 06:56 PM

Hope everyone survived the storms

Hey guys I hope everybody made it through the storms alright. Had a good rain today with hail pea size on different occasions. Not much wind but some areas had tornadoes with some high winds mixed in. Hope everybodies safe an didnt have any damage.

MXcowboy244 03-30-2006 06:58 PM

The roads were terrible on the way home from school today, zero visability... but it cleared off before too long and we didnt have any damage. Hope everything was alright for everyone else as well...

-Tyler

jseim44 03-30-2006 07:26 PM

Yup, everything out this way is OK. Got some pea sized hail this morning for a few minutes. It was raining really hard around 1:00 for awhile too. By 3:00 the sun was shining. I just had to go out on the 4wheeler after I got home too:-X22

1979 Ford 03-31-2006 08:14 AM

They showed some video on TV this morning. Doesn't look fun at all. Snow two weeks ago and now wind damage. Welcome to spring. I am really glad spring is there though.

cowboywanabe 03-31-2006 08:47 AM

Man, I got caught in the storm that blew up into Omaha out of the south-west at around 4:00pm. I had just gotten off I-80 and was heading south on 72nd into Ralston. The sky turned that awful pea-soup green, I could see the clouds starting to swirl, then I got blasted with rain and hail... couldn't see a tornado if I tried, but the sirens were going off. I stayed in the truck, figured that wouldn't be any worse than trying to take shelter in a glass front convience store. The good thing is that the storm was moving so fast, it blew through in just a few minutes. Pretty eery, that's for sure.

67nukeford 03-31-2006 10:20 AM

Sounds like you got way too much excitement, Rob! It rained big time out here at the plant. I was sweating bullets, since the '06 was sitting at home, in the driveway. Nothing could have been worse than coming home to see my three week old truck having more dimples than a golf ball! No hail at the house, though!! I need a garage like HarryD001!!!

cowboywanabe 03-31-2006 11:03 AM

I didn't look too close at the truck, the hail was pea-sized, so I figured it wouldn't hurt anything.

I've had my fill of tornado season, is it winter yet?

67nukeford 03-31-2006 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by cowboywanabe
I didn't look too close at the truck, the hail was pea-sized, so I figured it wouldn't hurt anything.

I've had my fill of tornado season, is it winter yet?

Ah! bite you tongue!! I just want it to get warm again! I'll take a little bad weather occasionally to be able to open the windows and cruise! Looking forward to seeing how the new truck tows the boat too.