Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Iowa Chapter (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum140/)
-   -   meet up (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/476783-meet-up.html)

chrono4 03-26-2006 12:00 PM

meet up

so wheres our warm up of the year meet gonna be? its getting nice out, and i can bet im not the only one wantin to do somthing. ill have my liscence on 4-21, so after that im game for anything, as long as i have gas to do it. Any ideas, anybody, anywhere? even somebodys shop where we could throw some brauts on the grill or somthing, just a chance for us all to get together.

fiftyfourdf100 03-27-2006 10:00 PM

I'd say my shop at home, but parkin is an issue there, plus I'm gettin ready for graduation parties and graduating school, and most importantly gettin the truck ready for the nice weather and gettin her goin. Could all meet up at this restaurant I work at, parkin lot is plenty big, but I would need to kno well in advance so I can get the day/night off and get them extra help. There is also a parkin lot here in town that is plenty big, and have a couple people bring grills and some dummy boards or something along those lines.....I don't kno...what's everybody else thinkin?

rusty70f100 03-27-2006 10:28 PM

When I get the truck road worthy again, I'll be up for a road trip.

fellro86 03-28-2006 11:57 AM

If a get together and just kind of meet and barbeque, there are plenty of options. Parks, camping areas, whatever. Location is the next trick... anyone that is interested need to speak up so we can find the most suitable location.

chrono4 03-28-2006 03:41 PM

well, i would say s e part of the state, but maybe im bias cause i live here.

fellro86 03-28-2006 03:42 PM

there are quite a few here in the SE, several in Cedar Rapids alone... but you're close enough that you could hitch a ride with me wherever it is... speaking of which, what are you doing this weekend? I'm going to be back up to Opie's, picking up the van, and also maybe helping him move... if it all comes together right. He's up to Burlington, I could come by if you want.

monsterbaby 03-28-2006 04:14 PM

There is supposed to be a 2 day mud bog and mud drag up north of the quad cities on the 22 and 23 of april I believe, if the truck is ready I probably will go to that one.

Rich (fordsrgrt) has the flyer on it maybe he will post the exact date time and location for anyone interested.

fellro86 03-28-2006 04:32 PM

Speaking of events, there is going to be a swap meet up to Monticello on the 23rd.out at Walnut Acres campground.

yamaweezle 03-28-2006 05:32 PM

i'd definately be interested...i'm around the quad cities area...hey monsterbaby, are you talking about the "bike barn"? is that where they are having the mud drags?

fordsrgrt 03-28-2006 07:38 PM

yeah thats the place, out at gussies heres a link for everyone to check it out ,just click on the page and go from there http://peatmonster.com/

Flareside94 03-29-2006 10:56 PM

I doubt my truck will be ready in time for that event...:(

I'm a pansy. Either way, yeah lets set a date. Plan something. I'll drive an hour or two for something. Others will too I'm sure. Maybe get some food and do an event of some kind. Hell, I don't care.

Sam_Fear 03-31-2006 09:24 AM

Morrison on April 22nd Mud Drags...hmmm.... only an hour away. Sounds like that would be a great Eastside meet. 8D Unfortunately I don't think I can get there - family get together scheduled that weekend. :(

fordloverf2501970 04-01-2006 09:42 AM

i am ready to take a small trip on the harley, not too far because it still gets cold at night

fordloverf2501970 04-07-2006 10:29 AM

yeah yeah fellro and i had a great time the other day, too bad chrono couldnt come up with ya roger, we could have used an extra hand. Truth be told roger did more then i did. And i forgot all about that water tank until i got back over there the next day and it was gone. sorry bud i would have rode back over there to help you load it. i only got one more load to move and i will do that today or tommorow. i am so glad to be done moving. Now i gotta find a house to remove into later this year uggghhh.

fellro86 04-07-2006 01:09 PM

the tank wasn't that bad to load, was harder to drag out to the street... looks like it got a small hole punched in the bottom sometime, but that won't be a big deal to fix, the sister already has a use for it...