Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ford vs The Competition (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum17/)
-   -   Titan HD Diesel on the Way - 2009 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/472328-titan-hd-diesel-on-the-way-2009-a.html)

BLK94F150 03-20-2006 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by The Whip
Blasphemous!!:-X09

Why? I've had serious engine and transmission problems with my last 2 Fords under 100K. Why the heck would I want to go back for thirds? I might as I love the way Fords look, but a new Ram with a Cummins and 6 speed is definitely high in the running.

I'd definitely at least test drive a Titan diesel and a Toyota diesel if they are out when I'm ready.

Mike

OSin86 03-20-2006 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by BLK94F150
Why? I've had serious engine and transmission problems with my last 2 Fords under 100K. Why the heck would I want to go back for thirds? I might as I love the way Fords look, but a new Ram with a Cummins and 6 speed is definitely high in the running.

I'd definitely at least test drive a Titan diesel and a Toyota diesel if they are out when I'm ready.

Mike

Mike, there's nothing wrong with looking at a Nissan or Yota. We work hard for our money, might as well get what we want. There's no harm in that.

BigF350 03-21-2006 05:52 AM

Just remember everyone - from this forum guidelines:

-ABSOLUTELY NO PERSONAL ATTACKS ALLOWED PERIOD!!
AND
Be Courteous and Respectful

Remember it

krewat 03-21-2006 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by NickFordMan
And how do you determine where those shareholders are located...I'm willing to bet, majority goes back to the homeland. Don't kid yourself.

I tried yesterday for the life of me to figure out where Nissan's stock is owned, by country. No can do... maybe some of the stock-trading sites have that information, but I'm sure it ain't free.

Other corporations actually publicly post their stock-ownership by country, so it's not like NO one shows that info.

Oh well, I'll stick with Ford... no problems with 3 new vehicles in the past 10 years, and plan on going back for a Mustang or maybe a 3-valve SD. We'll see.

jimandmandy 03-21-2006 11:01 AM

In a desparate attempt to get this thread back on topic, may I offer a couple of historical tidbits.

Nissan has made small marine and industrial diesel engines for decades. Back in the early 1970's International offered the Scout with a four cylinder Nissan diesel option. A friend of mine had one and it drove better and got double the mileage of the IH gas four. About the same time Dodge offered a Nissan marine diesel inline six in both pickups and vans, not a very popular option back then. This may have paved the way to the incredibly successful Cummins option.

My point is that Nissan has a lot of diesel experience and I wouldnt write off a Diesel Titan.

Jim

jcooley 03-21-2006 12:39 PM

Nissan is majority controlled by Renault, and is run by a Frenchman

krewat 03-21-2006 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by jcooley
Nissan is majority controlled by Renault, and is run by a Frenchman

Even more reason not to buy one ;)

Batgeek 03-21-2006 01:56 PM

Has anybody ever really put any thought into this at all before using where do the profits go speech. Say you have Ford building cars at a Mexican plant and Nissan building cars at an American plant. According to your argument we should egnore the American worker's at the Nissan plant because the profits go overseas and buy the Mexican made Ford because the profits come back to America. Ok, so the American worker doesn't benifit from the profits but Bill Ford does. Well I'm sure Bill would love to buy a summer house in Miami, but I'm not willing to to pay for it at the expense of other Americans. People also selectively egnore the fact that Nissan and rest are investing billions of dollars of that profit here building new factories while our "domestic" auto-makers are investing billions into other countries. This is why the Titan and new Toyota HD trucks represent a problem for Ford, GM, and Dodge, when all is said and done they may be more American than them. I don't know about you guys but if I walked on to the local mega lot and had an American made Nissan setting next to a Mexican made Ford I may just buy the Nissan. I feel the American worker needs the money more than the rich American stockholder or CEO.

Al Bundy 03-21-2006 04:02 PM

Everyone needs to go back and re-take micro and macro ecnomics before saying something like "Japanese trucks suck. The profits go back to Japan."

Can someone tell me what GNP and GDP means?

NickFordMan 03-21-2006 05:06 PM

Gross National Product (GNP), and Gross Domestic Product (GDP)...Where are you going with that?

Everybody is willing to jump on the fact that the import companies have a FEW plants in the USA. Sure, there is investment from the import companies...but no where near the level of domestic manufacturers. That goes without saying.
You can claim that buying an import truck will help a select few American workers...but ask yourself this...why are those workers being employed by an import manufacturer? It's because we allowed the import companies to grow through our North American market. Purchasing those vehicles only furthers that progress. You can't argue with that.
Now, considering most of the domestic vehicles are produced within the USA, and Canada, you're helping the economy more so than purchasing an import vehicle. You can't just look at it as a CEO vs worker thing....that's ridiculous. The more money the company can make, the more oportunities for workers there will be. Remember, the import companies have a HUGE economical lead over the domestics when considering the domestics have to deal with unions, and healthcare.

krewat 03-21-2006 05:26 PM

They just suck. Period.

Especially when you pull 'em out of the mud, they actually make a "sucking" sound...

Al Bundy 03-21-2006 05:58 PM

These large corporations are have diverse ownership. Profits go to the shareholders.

The fact is the foreign manufacturers are setting up more plants in the U.S. while Ford is cutting back.

Ever wonder why war is good for the economy? It creates jobs in the U.S. Those workers in turn spend more and it builds the economy.

krewat 03-21-2006 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Al Bundy
These large corporations are have diverse ownership. Profits go to the shareholders.

The fact is the foreign manufacturers are setting up more plants in the U.S. while Ford is cutting back.

Ever really wonder WHY that's happening? Tariffs are my bet. Too expensive to build a finished car outside the US and pay tariffs getting in the country.

Rather, setup a plant, ship parts or build them locally, and save some money. Maybe not alot, but if you take into account the "Built in the US" marketing ploy, I'm sure someone ran the numbers and it was cheaper to build them here than make them at home.

Percys Armory 03-21-2006 08:55 PM

How many workers does Ford employ in the U.S.A. and how many does Nissan employ in the U.S.A.?

Al Bundy 03-22-2006 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Percys Armory
How many workers does Ford employ in the U.S.A. and how many does Nissan employ in the U.S.A.?

I am not sure, but Ford employs more than Nissan.
The fact is Nissan is growing in the U.S. while Ford is cutting back. That is the current trend.