Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Next Generation (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum177/)
-   -   Cell Phones (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/472011-cell-phones.html)

Peter94 03-13-2006 01:24 PM

Cell Phones

What kind of cell phones does everyone have? What service? I have cingular and I hate it. I'm switching to midwest wireless. My phone never gets reception and the phone insurance is a big scam. It takes forever to get through to customer service.

Otherwise i have a picture phone and i barely use it (the picture part anyway) The phone i use like crazy. It just drives me nuts because it always takes pictures of the inside of my pocket. then i have to spend like 10 min deleting them.

76 F-150 390FE 03-13-2006 01:40 PM

i usedto have a nextel i530 but then i moved in with my dad and my mom cut the service and havent gotten another one yet, but im going to get one soon and it will be the same thing. you just cant break them things. unless you huck it at a wall like my friend did, then it shatters into a buncha little pieces.

RangerPilot 03-13-2006 01:45 PM

I got a Motorola flip phone...about to get a new one. And now I remember why, I took it outta my pocket to see what model it was, and the phone apparently died at 6:36 this morning. Since the outside screen is locked on that and the inside doesn't work. Thought it was odd nobody called today.

Anyways, getting a new phone. Like the non-flip Razr one. I'm on Cingular and like it, I get good reception around here. We have the family plan with unlimited text messaging.

Hmm...I can't seem to get this thing to come back on...

Snowking 03-13-2006 01:50 PM

My cell plan is simple NONE. The way I drive i don't need a extra attention taker.

Peter94 03-13-2006 02:11 PM

Hey rangerpilot, what does it do when you unplug the battery and plug it back in? My phone would do that from time to time. I think the phone i'm going to get with my new plan is going to be a motorola. I had a sanyo non flip phone that i DID throw agains walls and stuff (had an old girl friend, she made me very angry). The most that would happen is that the battery would come unhooked. Put the battery back on, push the power button, and its good to go. I finally dropped it in a hot tub, that pretty much killed it. It still turns on, but then it will just shut off in like 2 min. That was a very indestructable phone. Very solidly built.

captain p4 03-13-2006 02:50 PM

I have an LG model, not sure of the exact number, but its a flip phone with the camera and all. We have verizon.. its the best around here, i get service EVERYWHERE. Even in the school where no one else can get any service my phone always has at least one bar. I killed two of them already, and didn't have the insurance, 50 bucks a pop.

cmpd1781 03-13-2006 03:00 PM

Try Suncom....(you know the jingle on TV......"We're Suncommmmmm, and we get it")......Harry Connick, Jr.. The song kinda sticks in your head, but they (along with Cingular) took over AT&T service (cell) in the Charlotte area. I got one of those little flip phones that'll stick easy into a shirt pocket, and the service and coverage is great. Had them since August and no problems. ALSO.....got the 1000 minute plan (anytime, anywhere, no roaming charge or anything), which is about twice what I've ever used in a month, and it's $39.00/month.....no if, ands, or buts. No taxes, fees, surcharges.....just send my $39.00 every month and voila......and it's just a phone. Don't need Blackberry, pictures, games, ipod, etc........IT'S A FREAKIN' PHONE, PEOPLE!!! Good phone and service......

cmpd1781 03-13-2006 03:01 PM

p.s. Signed up for the 2-year plan....phone was free (I will NEVER pay for a cell phone).....

go_racing84 03-13-2006 03:18 PM

If I could find a cell phone plan that was good and actually STAYED good for more than about 6 months, that'd be great. I'm on my second carrier in about 3 years (Edge Wireless) and while the plan started out fantastic, they gradually changed it and finally phased it out altogether so that in order to get a new phone, I have to bump to a new contract which is, of course, more money. Almost the same thing happened at my last provider (Ramcell, which is in Kentucky, North Carolina, and Oregon. How the hell it made it to Oregon, I have not idea), but their service was just borderline terrible anyway, so I dumped 'em.

My phone is a last-generation TDMA Nokia (6560), pretty nice little phone, small, durable, pretty basic. Probably will switch to another provider in Fall when I move. I would really like to get a Slvr.

john112deere 03-13-2006 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Snowking
My cell plan is simple NONE.

I have that same plan. I'm very happy with it.

mdjohnson 03-13-2006 03:25 PM

I got a cheapo LG phone from Verizon, I get great service out here.

fiftyfourdf100 03-13-2006 04:38 PM

LG VX6100 camera phone using US Cellular. The service sucks around here, and the phone sucks too, it can't hold up to the abuse it gets from me working and it getting dropped so much..lol. It's been a POS since I got it, I hate it, just about as bad as my Nokia was.

Ten_Bucks 03-13-2006 04:51 PM

My phone is a LG C1300 and my wireless carrier is Cingular. I have a GoPhone plan(pay as you go) because I don't use my cellphone as often as most people do.

Patatoe1 03-13-2006 05:07 PM

Have a Samsung P207 with Cingular. Have no problems with the phone itself, but Cingular's customer service doesn't seem to well organized. Especially after the merger with AT&T.

Cuda444 03-13-2006 05:36 PM

I have nextel... And hate isn't a strong enough word to describe it. The service around here is REALLY bad. The phone... motorola i90c I can't say enough good things about it. It is a TANK... tried and true. It's 4 years old and in those 4 years it's been down about 15 flights of concrete steps (not all at once) It's been run over by my 250 3 times, it's been through our toro z-master commercial mower 4 times and through our 11hp leaf vac/truck loader once and it's still kicking. The only thing I've done to it is had a new screen put on, not because it was broken, but because the inside was so scratched you couldn't read anything anymore. I'm keeping this phone until my 2 years is up this year, switching to Verizon and framing this i90c on my wall.

Indestructable phone/Horrible service vs crappy phone/great service... We'll see how it goes.

Tom